Isn't it time for a forum skin update?

MeganFan

Blue Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This look is ancient. It's been this way since the 13+ years I've been coming here. Maybe there has been one update in that time. I've tried to change skins in the past, but it was just different colorations of the same thing. This is the biggest MMA forum on the internet... can we get some kind of updated look? I'm using the light skin now because I was just getting tired of the same old dark grey colorscheme, and it's better, but I would love to see a completely new, updated look. I think this site and it's community deserve it.

We've actually had quite a few design changes, however we have been using the Xenforo engine since late 2015, before that our forum engine was vBulletin. While we have made design changes, we ultimately do keep our look of light grey and orange, as those are the main Sherdog colors. Another thing to consider, because the forum is ultimately hosted by Xenforo, any change has to be something that is available on their site in order for us to be able to incorporate it here.

Certain addons, for example, are created by the developers on Xenforo, then we add them here if there's enough support for it. Hope this clarifies things.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

I wasn't even aware that orange was a Sherdog main color since it's not really visible outside of the text on forum homepage and the buttons. Now that you say that, I think more orange on the site would be cool... maybe the box around our profile pictures.

Honestly, the all dark grey feels drab and kind of brings me down. A good implementation of orange, which you say is is a main Sherdog color, would spice things up and make things look a lot nicer. Thinking about it now, I think it'd actually look really cool if there was more orange on the site.

My 2 cents. Thanks.

Back