Israel Adesanya’s greatest accomplishment in MMA

Its crazy how if Izzy didn't make that interview dissing Alex about the i beat that guy one time at the bar, Alex probably wouldn't have taken up MMA. I remember that was the spark and motivation Alex said he needed to cross over and pursue MMA.

Thank you Izzy

giphy.gif

Yeah let's forget that Izzy defended is belt multiple times, that he didn't duck anyone and that he's currently the one who has beat Pereira in the UFC although that last is bigger than him.

Let's just say that he's some Can.

I love Pereira and what he brings to the MMA world. Yet Izzy has a far more accomplished MMA career. Second best MW of all time. It's like saying McGregor has a more accomplished career than Aldo. Yes he has two belts, but Aldo has a place in the mount rushmore of MMA GOATs

I love Pereira and what he brings to the MMA world. Yet Izzy has a far more accomplished MMA career. Second best MW of all time. It's like saying McGregor has a more accomplished career than Aldo. Yes he has two belts, but Aldo has a place in the mount rushmore of MMA GOATs
Who said Alex accomplished more in MMA? He very well could pretty soon tho. Winning belts in 2 weight classes and beating the 2 other guys that beat Izzy, defending the belt against the former champ and his only loss in the UFC is when he got careless against Izzy. He's off to a great start.

Edit: Izzy is 13-3 in the UFC with 7 successful title fight wins and 3 losses in title fights, unsuccessful at 205

Pereira is 7-1 in the UFC, 3-1 in title fights, won both belts, beat the guy Izzy couldn't beat at 205 and also beat Strickland who went on to whoop Izzy.

Pereira was the more accomplished guy in kickboxing and with a few more wins he could easily be the more accomplished MMA fighter too depending on what Izzy does from here on as well.

Last edited:
Who said Alex accomplished more in MMA? He very well could pretty soon tho. Winning belts in 2 weight classes and beating the 2 other guys that beat Izzy, defending the belt against the former champ and his only loss in the UFC is when he got careless against Izzy. He's off to a great start.

Edit: Izzy is 13-3 in the UFC with 7 successful title fight wins and 3 losses in title fights, unsuccessful at 205

Pereira is 7-1 in the UFC, 3-1 in title fights, won both belts, beat the guy Izzy couldn't beat at 205 and also beat Strickland who went on to whoop Izzy.

Pereira was the more accomplished guy in kickboxing and with a few more wins he could easily be the more accomplished MMA fighter too depending on what Izzy does from here on as well.
Everyone here keep comparing Izzy and Pereira's legacy in the UFC, that's why i feel the need to remember people that title defenses matter. It's litterally the hardest thing to do because you don't have stylistically favorable match ups (like the ones Pereira had).
7 successful title fight wins is pretty hard to reproduce. He cleaned the MW division and beat the top dogs at their prime.

With your logic, we could say Conor is better than Aldo because he beat him and has two belts in two divisions. No. What makes Aldo great is his title defenses at FW

Everyone here keep comparing Izzy and Pereira's legacy in the UFC, that's why i feel the need to remember people that title defenses matter. It's litterally the hardest thing to do because you don't have stylistically favorable match ups (like the ones Pereira had).
7 successful title fight wins is pretty hard to reproduce. He cleaned the MW division and beat the top dogs at their prime.

With your logic, we could say Conor is better than Aldo because he beat him and has two belts in two divisions. No. What makes Aldo great is his title defenses at FW
I don't know why you are bringing Conor and Aldo into it again but yeah, Izzy is not Aldo level lol. Romero and Whittaker 2nd fight could have easily been scored the other way. Pereira is 4 successful title wins behind Izzy but winning belts at 2 weight class is hard to do as well. You mention Conor but he never defended nor did he earn his title shot at 155. Pereira beat a contender (former champ) to get his shot, successfully won the belt and defended against 2 former champs. He also beat the only other 2 guys to beat izzy. I agree that Izzy is still ahead of him in terms of MMA legacy but Pereira is super close. I think defending against somebody like Ankalaev that has the grappling and then going up and beating Aspinall or Jones... That for me would put him clearly ahead of Izzy.

I'm not complaining about Izzy basically being the reason we've got Pereira in the UFC now, but the accomplishment I enjoyed the most was him stealing Costa's soul.

He mentally and physically annihilated him so hard Costa literally changed his personality into a Twitter meme lord (and a horrible one at that) as a coping mechanism. It was a thing of beauty. Never forget!

adesanya-hump.gif

I don't know why you are bringing Conor and Aldo into it again but yeah, Izzy is not Aldo level lol. Romero and Whittaker 2nd fight could have easily been scored the other way. Pereira is 4 successful title wins behind Izzy but winning belts at 2 weight class is hard to do as well. You mention Conor but he never defended nor did he earn his title shot at 155. Pereira beat a contender (former champ) to get his shot, successfully won the belt and defended against 2 former champs. He also beat the only other 2 guys to beat izzy. I agree that Izzy is still ahead of him in terms of MMA legacy but Pereira is super close. I think defending against somebody like Ankalaev that has the grappling and then going up and beating Aspinall or Jones... That for me would put him clearly ahead of Izzy.
I'll stand by what I said : defending your belt 7 times is the hardest thing to do. Harder than getting two belts at two different weight classes with favorable match up.
Pereira had a golden path to a title. Got fast tracked to MW title and only had to beat old Jan to get it at LHW. Didn't face any grapplers.

I know he did better than Adesanya at LHW and I know he beat Strickland at MW. Two great achievements. He also got KO'd by Adesanya BTW.
And until he defends his belts more than 5 times against the top opposition I'll always side with the champ who did it.
Let's see how he does against Ankalaev

I'm not complaining about Izzy basically being the reason we've got Pereira in the UFC now, but the accomplishment I enjoyed the most was him stealing Costa's soul.

He mentally and physically annihilated him so hard Costa literally changed his personality into a Twitter meme lord (and a horrible one at that) as a coping mechanism. It was a thing of beauty. Never forget!

adesanya-hump.gif
It is wild that he beat his ass, dry humped him for the world to see, and buddies entire personality changed after but nobody talks about it.

<36>

It is wild that he beat his ass, dry humped him for the world to see, and buddies entire personality changed after but nobody talks about it.

<36>
It's cause a large part of Sherbros had, and still have a (semi) boner for Costa, and hate Izzy. Part of them are in the closet, they're in awe of big muscly manly men. They drool when they see Costa's physique (which is impressive I have to admit) and their brain cannot compute with non-traditional manly men actually being straight up killers that beat their favourite fighters.

Of course Izzy has given them plenty of ammunition with the dog thing. He's making it very hard to like him still. All that pent up rage and frustration from when he was bullied is spilling over far into his now thirties, and he's basically just a petty nerd that just so happens to be a world class fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back