Israel Adesanya’s greatest accomplishment in MMA

Let's see how he does against Ankalaev
You know that if he beats Ank it will be called his weakest win right? Styles aside, the narrative will change to “Ank who couldn’t beat 40 year old ghost of Jan and whose best win is Walker and it took two fights to accomplish”. Because that is the SD way.

It gives me great comfort knowing alot of you die on the inside
when someone like izzy wins in this sport LOL. At the end of the day Izzy saved the middleweight division
and carried the torch from anderson. Not weidman not luke not strickland not ddp not robbie Not Bisping
Not alex not khamzat but Izzy. and some of you all are going to have to accept that.

also regardless alex having 3-1 victory over izzy just know Izzy was BESTING ALEX most of the rounds.
All kidding and trolling aside... just think how Great and loved Izzy would be if he were classy like DC or GSP or Mighty Mouse
very interesting how strickland Chael Connor cowboy colby matt hughes and others never had to be classy
or good people in order to get that fan favorite love....

oh n stop the cap yall treated Mighty mouse like crap .....man dont even get me started this morning.

It's cause a large part of Sherbros had, and still have a (semi) boner for Costa, and hate Izzy. Part of them are in the closet, they're in awe of big muscly manly men. They drool when they see Costa's physique (which is impressive I have to admit) and their brain cannot compute with non-traditional manly men actually being straight up killers that beat their favourite fighters.

Of course Izzy has given them plenty of ammunition with the dog thing. He's making it very hard to like him still. All that pent up rage and frustration from when he was bullied is spilling over far into his now thirties, and he's basically just a petty nerd that just so happens to be a world class fighter.
CAP the hate started the moment he became a serious contender and was winning. and if he didnt talk trash and wasnt flashy yall would
complain he was Boring. In this sport you need to be petty you gotta match the same energy as the fanbase. Izzy is doing just fine. in fact
id urge him to go complete Heel.

Yeah let's forget that Izzy defended is belt multiple times, that he didn't duck anyone and that he's currently the one who has beat Pereira in the UFC although that last is bigger than him.

Let's just say that he's some Can.
You know how this works, apply SherLogic, win 1 fight you are the GOAT lose 1 fight you are a can and always were a can and everyone you fought was can .

I thought his greatest accomplishment was after getting smoked by Pereira, digging deep to regain his confidence, pulling Pereira into an insanely dangerous rope a dope and knocking him the fuck out in spectacular fashion. Or have we quickly moved past that moment because we don't like Izzy
Everyone forgot about that because Izzy went on to get embarrassed by Strickland in his next fight while Alex won the LHW title. It's kind of odd that Izzy dug deep to regain his confidence only to immediately lose it again before the Strickland fight. Maybe it has something to do with the beating Alex was putting on him..

Everyone forgot about that because Izzy went on to get embarrassed by Strickland in his next fight while Alex won the LHW title. It's kind of odd that Izzy dug deep to regain his confidence only to immediately lose it again before the Strickland fight. Maybe it has something to do with the beating Alex was putting on him..
Cool, still a top 5 MMA moment since Covid. Izzy didn't need a fake time out to pull it off either <BC1>

Alex is far more fun fighter than Tittisanya and also is 3-1 against him, Alex is also beating bigger fighters than Izzy could not beat.

That should count for something.
Because Alex is bigger than him lol. The fact that they're bigger doesn't mean much, no. Alex can literally fight at heavyweight if he wants to.

Alex is also beating bigger fighters than Izzy could not beat.
I don't think it's really fair to compare their performances against LHWs considering Pereira himself is some 30 pounds bigger than Izzy in that division, if anything the size difference makes Izzy's fights against him more impressive imo.

Cool, still a top 5 MMA moment since Covid. Izzy didn't need a fake time out to pull it off either <BC1>
Alex didn't need a fake time out to brutally KO the guy who just embarrassed Izzy either lol. Let's be real lol, Alex came in and stole Izzy's legacy by accomplishing everything that Izzy tried to do and failed.

His greatest accomplishment was destroying Robert Whittaker and becoming the second greatest middleweight of all time. If you think about it Whittaker would probably have been an undefeated champ up until he fought DDP if Izzy didn't exist.

Alex didn't need a fake time out to brutally KO the guy who just embarrassed Izzy either lol. Let's be real lol, Alex came in and stole Izzy's legacy by accomplishing everything that Izzy tried to do and failed.
Let's be really real, Sherdog is a website for fanboys first and mma fans second. I'm still pretty new here, is that a curtain we're not supposed to pull back? Asking for myself. Stole Izzy's legacy? Seems his legacy here is jerking off dogs. Alex does that too? MMA fighters are a different breed I guess.

I'll stand by what I said : defending your belt 7 times is the hardest thing to do. Harder than getting two belts at two different weight classes with favorable match up.
Pereira had a golden path to a title. Got fast tracked to MW title and only had to beat old Jan to get it at LHW. Didn't face any grapplers.

I know he did better than Adesanya at LHW and I know he beat Strickland at MW. Two great achievements. He also got KO'd by Adesanya BTW.
And until he defends his belts more than 5 times against the top opposition I'll always side with the champ who did it.
Let's see how he does against Ankalaev
Ik you probably just made a mistake but it wasn't 7 defenses, it was 7 title fight wins with 5 being defenses. For me like I said 4 more defenses or defending against Ank then winning the HW title... First triple champ would be huge.

CAP the hate started the moment he became a serious contender and was winning. and if he didnt talk trash and wasnt flashy yall would
complain he was Boring. In this sport you need to be petty you gotta match the same energy as the fanbase. Izzy is doing just fine. in fact
id urge him to go complete Heel.
Does it really matter when the hate started?

And I'm not saying he's doing bad at all. The way he handled his career has so far been absolutely perfect. I like his style, how he fights, I see enough brawls in other fights so I'm not one of the people going "muh boring" whenever Izzy plays chess. Hit and not get hit is still the name of the game for me. Don't put me in there with "y'all" homie lol

All kidding and trolling aside... just think how Great and loved Izzy would be if he were classy like DC or GSP or Mighty Mouse
Would have been nice. Dude grew up 2 hours away from me and should be a national treasure. I respect what he's done but honestly he has one of the absolute worst personalities I've ever come across.

I don't think it's really fair to compare their performances against LHWs considering Pereira himself is some 30 pounds bigger than Izzy in that division, if anything the size difference makes Izzy's fights against him more impressive imo.
Not really Izzy is pretty big himself and several fighters are better being smallers

Thing is, I remember seeing that clip of Izzy dissing the "guy who beat him" and is "probably in a bar somewhere saying 'i beat that guy' " and i thought he was talking about a guy who got in a lucky punch but otherwise had a terrible career, some rando journeyman loser who had one shining moment. I can't believe he would say that about Poatan who was very accomplished.

Now Izzy is fast becoming the guy in the bar saying he beat Poatan once.

Not really Izzy is pretty big himself and several fighters are better being smallers
He's built for MW weighing in at 200 pounds against Jan without cutting weight, Pereira was back up to 232lbs 20 hours before fighting Hill so maybe even heavier on fight night. He's a gigant guy even among LHWs and exceeds the LHW limit by a way bigger margin that Izzy does the MW one.

Back