Media Israel Adesanya: I "don't need" Pereira trilogy, "that saga is over"

hes right. the series of fights between them was weird. Izzy winning the first fight up until the end. and then alex imo winning the second fight up until the end. In kick boxing they are weird too.
I thought Adesanya won the first round of the 2nd fight, then Alex was clearly winning the 2nd round before Izzy bodied him while playing possum.

So it's not like the first fight where Izzy was about to win the decision and it was in the 5th round. Pereira was only winning one round (before he lost it) before getting murked.

Adesanya talking about Poatan or posting videos of him every day, while Alex is defending his LHW title, and hasn’t mentioned his name since he turned down the fight offer. Yet Adesanya is the one who doesn’t need Alex? Lol

I can appreciate his rationale but he also sounds old and tired and just not up to the task. Is it possible to get burnt out fighting the same dude too many times? Probably so.

I can appreciate his rationale but he also sounds old and tired and just not up to the task. Is it possible to get burnt out fighting the same dude too many times? Probably so.
Of course. Those are the hardest fights he ever had. Even if you win its gonna be painful as fuck with all those fuckin kicks haha

There isnt any way hes going to even up the score and his haters apparently dont think he can even celebrate this one, so its like...why bother? he threw down ladders for this guy to come in and fight him in MMA,they went 1 - 1. They can move on. Aint even in the same div anymore.

He mentally couldn't handle another loss to Alex. That much is clear.
He's so relieved he won the last fight and just wants to draw a line under it and move on.

Can't blame the cunt, Alex is a scary mofo.

Translation: I would lose the trilogy match at 205 so ima just say the saga is done.
Yeah, specially because he's the one who is 3-1 down. He's the one that should be asking for it lol.

I don't blame him. His foray into 205 showed that the extra weight clearly doesn't benefit him as much as it does others in the division. I'd still give him at least a 50/50 chance of beating Pereira even at 205, but if he won he'd get ruined (just like Pereira probably would) by someone like Ankalaev. He needs to take a fight back at MW and demolish someone to show he's back.
50/50 is a bit too much if you ask me.

they are basically the same fighters/human beings. the only real difference at 205 is that poatan doesnt have to kill himself to make the weight. 205 definately favours alex. there's a reason why adesanya didnt go back to 205 afther his first try. the guys at 205 are not only heavier but als taller/have a long(er) reach. adesanya towers over everybody at 185 except alex.

jan is not as good as people make him out to be, he is just decent in all aspects of mma. but his size and reach gave adesanya problems and even alex. there is no way adesanya is moving up in weight again and no way he then stands a 50/50 chance.

he knows this of course.

Adesanya clearly established himself as the superior MMA fighter. Pereira got lucky in the first fight, and Izzy clearly played possum in the 2nd fight which led to the brutal KO.

If Izzy believed that he'd step up and challenge for the LHW title instead of chasing after the MW title which he's already won in the past.

As for Izzy playing possum in the 2nd fight--whatever, he was outclassed and alex got overconfident due to how badly Izzy was fighting. Giving Izzy credit for that is laughable.

If Izzy believed that he'd step up and challenge for the LHW title instead of chasing after the MW title which he's already won in the past.

As for Izzy playing possum in the 2nd fight--whatever, he was outclassed and alex got overconfident due to how badly Izzy was fighting. Giving Izzy credit for that is laughable.
Lmao, Izzy was outclassed for about 10 seconds before playing possum and finishing Pereira with a brutal KO

And all 3 judges gave Adesanya the 1st round.

alex clearly has the better resume at this point too. i'd put money on Jiri absolutely destroying everyone izzy has fought.

nicholas-cage-laugh.gif

He's right lol. But the retards here for some reason the guy that's 3-1 needs another shot lol..

I don't blame him. I'd say I got my revenge fuck it, why waste more energy on it

This is just like Chuck vs Tito all over again lol

There are different fights that Izzy should partake in his career instead of gunning for that rematch.

Rematch against Strickland is something he'd probably want since that was a shocking decision loss for Izzy.

Du Plessis fight could be cool just for that real Africa narrative although it's much less exciting now since Adesanya isn't the champion anymore so he and the media can't spin Du Plessis as a colonizer aiming for that belt.

Yea that Strickland loss caused a drastic shift in Izzy's career...

Meanwhile Poatan is having the time of his life in the UFC, with records involving KOs of two dangerous strikers. One of those KOs done a certain way just to prove a point.

Sometimes accidental low blows happen but he's got it under control just give it a few moments ya.

He does though
I think Yoel would probably be the biggest test but Whitaker, Kev, Costa, etc yeah I would pick Jiri to send all of them to the shadow realm, probably Jan as well.

Honestly I won't be surprised if Izzy taking his ball home against Alex is the end of him as an elite fighter, when you start to duck like that I think its a sign self confidence isnt there anymore.

Look at his physique, compared to the rest of the fighters in his division. He probably barely trained & took Pereira lightly.

Back