Media Israel Adesanya Says He ONLY Wants These Three Fights Before He Retires

I can see Dricus fight being lopsided either way. Dricus has pretty wild, sometimes looping, and not the fastest ever striking.

However, Izzy does not respond well to being swarmed/pressured.

Gastelum fucked him up (and took the worse end) with pressure brawling.

Strickland backed izzy up and shut his offense down.

I think I would take:

Dricus over izzy in a smaller octagon (300 was smaller 25 ft cage I think, which yields more finishes)

Izzy over dricus in 30ft octagon.

Curious what izzy shows up next time.
He has been very inconsistent in last 2-3 years

I may be an outlier here but I really do not care to see him fight DDP or Khamzat (who never fights and just talks shit). The Strickland rematch I like but the biggest fight for him is vs Pereira at 205...but his ego wont take the risk.

Izzy never had to rely on the charity of hometown ref to save him when hes TKO'd on the feet.

Every single fight Izzy has landed on Alex first and had him in trouble... it was only a matter of time Alex's luck ran out and no ref or bell to save him.

Hey hes doing great at 205, good for him, but thats where he belongs - we has taller and broader than Hill last night

But vs Izzy, hes Izzy's son.
didnt read it seems like you copy paste all the replies you posted bwaahahaha
fun fact
izzy is 1-3 against poatan
thats for sure haha

Ducking the Alex Perreira rubbermatch in mma confirmed

Lol

To be honest, I too wouldn’t be thrilled having to train to fight the same guy for the 5th time. We know that either guy can win on any given night - although Pereira probably wins 60% of the time.

Khamzat and DDP are fresh matchups and the Strickland rematch is also more intriguing than yet another Izzy-Pereira fight.

didnt read it seems like you copy paste all the replies you posted bwaahahaha
fun fact
izzy is 1-3 against poatan
thats for sure haha

Fun fact, Peirera had to be given a standing 8 count to save him when he was on the verge of being TKO'd
Fun fact - because of this Alex set a combat sports record, the only person to be "3-0" over someone and still the underdog

Fun fact - without the ref to help him in the 4th fight...he got flatlined ;)

Ran to 205 to beat Jan, which Izzy lost to, won a second belt, which Izzy couldn’t, and defended it, which Izzy never will.
Funny how Izzy had no issue moving up to challenge Jan for the title, but wants fuck all to do with Poatan as the champ. 😂
Funnier that you just skipped over the ran away after getting wiped out bit.

You know what Izzy has done that Pereira couldn't? Defend the middleweight belt 😄

Hopefully Pereira actually fights a wrestler next time, but I'm sure he wants no part of Ankalaev, and his fanboys are definitely praying that fight doesn't happen.

Sounds about right.

DDP because they have beef.
Strickland because he was having off-night.
Khamzat to test himself against strong wrestler.

Thing is.. we don't know if Adesanya is past prime now or it was only one time weak perfomance versus Sean. Time will tell.

the only thing in either of their heads is Alex can't beat Izzy without the help of a hometown ref or the luck of the bell.

Even at "0-3" Izzy was a significant betting favourite because of this fact.

And it played out exactly like that - the same way the other fights did - Izzy finding Alex's chin again first. Unlike the 2nd fight, no hometown ref to save him. Unlike the 3rd fight, no luck of the first round bell.

What was always going to happen, happened.

Alex is forever Izzy's son.

And heres how ridiculous that 2nd fight hometown ref saving poor Alex was - thats the only time in Alex and Izzy's combined 100+ kickboxing career a standing 8 count has occurred. It practically never happens in kickboxing, UNLESS something dodgy is going on like needing to save your hometown boy.

Sonned for all eternity by the shameful fact you only won off hometown bias. "double kickboxing champ" lmao.

Hi Izzy, thanks for the long winded response. Hope you're looking fabulous and sleep well.

Back