Israel got lucky. Potan made a mistake.

It's not like that at all because Izzy hadn't lost any rounds up until the finish lol. He'd won the first on all 3 cards and outside of ending sequence where his leg got hurt he was winning that round pretty easily with his forward striking.

Leon didn't land the head kick because Usman got over-confident or over-committed to anything, while that's exactly how Alex lost.

The OP does sound dumb as hell saying that Alex "threw" the fight though haha.

He absolutely was not winning the fight or the round easily. It was super competitive and AP had done more damage. Those kicks were becoming a serious problem. AP rushed the finish though and you can’t make mistakes in fights like this.

There’s no reason for us to be bickering about these details. They’re obviously super evenly matched.

I don't think you can call it a mistake, given he did pretty much the same thing in the last fight: when he thinks Izzy is hurt he'll happily stand in front of him and tee off - hoping he can dodge counters
WaterloggedWildDoctorfish-size_restricted.gif

I mean, it's too easy to say this kind of offense is to be reserved for later rounds - but if Pereira hadn't went for it as Izzy was covered up people would've complained he missed an opportunity

Agree, but I don’t think he needed to be quite this aggressive. Izzy had zero answer for the kicks but had success with the right hand every time AP came forward. But that’s the thing about this matchup — if you’re not perfect there’s a good chance you’re gonna get hurt, but if you don’t take chances you’re going to get picked apart. Izzy took a risk letting AP unload like that and AP took a risk leaving himself open to do it. Given the trajectory of the fight I think Izzy needed to take the risk more but I understand why AP took his shot. It is what it is, amazing fight.

Potan made a mistake, he was walking izzy down beating his leg to the poitn where he couldn't walk. Kneed him in the head then he got wild with his punches and got caught with teh same sequence he got hit with in the first mma fight.

Potan made a silly mistake and threw the fight. He is had stayed at range he would have beaten Israel he had the fight won.

He threw the fight. Super disappointed in Potan, why throw two stupid left hooks on a row with zero defence against a counter striker you were handily beating

That knee didn't connect btw. And you could also say Poatan got lucky in the last fight cos Izzy was winning that fight too! See...

Izzy has the intention to throw a punch to ko Alex.

That punched koed Alex. Which means it's not a fluke.

If there was no intention to throw a punch (Izzy went to pick his own nose and koed him accidently ) ..that's a fluke
There's a lot of potatoes on Sherdog that think throwing punches with the intent of hurting a fighter and KO'ing them or it leading to a fight ending sequence is a fluke.

He absolutely was not winning the fight or the round easily. It was super competitive and AP had done more damage. Those kicks were becoming a serious problem. AP rushed the finish though and you can’t make mistakes in fights like this.

There’s no reason for us to be bickering about these details. They’re obviously super evenly matched.
They’re both really good but isreal has better combinations and speed. So that’s why him losing the first round doesn’t mean a whole lot to me. He’s ok with a few leg kicks if it means he gets his chance to counter

Izzy had a great game plan he stayed in southpaw more to take away that power left and fought more aggressive than usual

I found it all pretty anti-climatic tbh. The counter Izzy landed seemed so weak and Pereira seemed to roll with it and then some small touch and he was out lol. I don't know if the weight cut made him weak or sth, but that sh** was so soft. I expected a war, not this...

Two shots to the temple, that Izzy threw with everything he is worth. It rocked Pereira.

His head off the canvas likely knocked him out cold.

What a load of bollocks. Izzy deliberately stayed in the pocket there, covered up and knew exactly what he was trying to achieve. He’d even mimicked/tried to make it happen a few times earlier in the fight

If you hope for the average sherdog dunce to actually watch a fight and comprehend anything that is happening outside of knockouts, your expectations aren't reasonable.

Accept the guy you dislike won. Accept the guy you like lost. Whenbyou sray giving excuses for another man you sound like a proper bitch

One of the biggest flukes in MMA history
Alex was dominating him but just got caught

3-1 still

Won't be surprised if Izzy ducks the rematch

"He just got caught!! Fluke!!"

The clowns are out in full force today. You trolls are the latest version of Conor fans. Go suck down some more copium.

They’re both really good but isreal has better combinations and speed. So that’s why him losing the first round doesn’t mean a whole lot to me. He’s ok with a few leg kicks if it means he gets his chance to counter

Izzy has better speed and combos and AP has more devastating leg kicks and presents more one punch danger. Look, it worked for Izzy this time, all respect to him. But it’s not like he found the magic formula to solve AP. He was eating a lot of kicks and had to accept a very dangerous situation to find that counter.

I'm not sure Izzy got lucky ... but Izzy looked fucking JUICED.

If the UFC had any integrity I'd be betting $1000 that Izzy fails his PED test and gets suspended, but we all know the UFC can pull strings with USADA's private branch.

I found it all pretty anti-climatic tbh. The counter Izzy landed seemed so weak and Pereira seemed to roll with it and then some small touch and he was out lol. I don't know if the weight cut made him weak or sth, but that sh** was so soft. I expected a war, not this...
you expected a war and were disappointed when one of them gets KO'd?

these guys pack enough power to turn anyone's lights out, and they have superb technique too. it was an intense, back and forth fight, with both guys getting hurt.

what the hell were you expecting from these two, a rerun of don frye vs takayama?

Izzy has better speed and combos and AP has more devastating leg kicks and presents more one punch danger. Look, it worked for Izzy this time, all respect to him. But it’s not like he found the magic formula to solve AP. He was eating a lot of kicks and had to accept a very dangerous situation to find that counter.
I agree that looked hella deadly for Izzy at first I was like wow it’s a wrap he’s getting pieces up

I'm not sure if you're allowed to do that sir?

I've been under the impression that you either have to hate or love a guy? If you love him he's the goat and if you hate him he's lucky, the opponents take dives or the judges are bribed?

100%l, I'm with you

We have to try and keep it real. You can dislike a sportsman/team but still respect their accomplishments

Izzy was winning every other fight they had til he lost, minus the widely criticized decision in the first one, and won the first round of this one, yet he got lucky?? You still drunk bro?

Look at the gifs of the end of R1 last time and the KO this time.

It is... exactly... the same. Exactly.

Even the same camera angle and same exact reaction from Alex.

(I'd post but file size is too big and gets rejected.)

Back