Israel is the most overrated and boring champ

He wants to be the next big star. I can see him trying to change his style, he should be smart enough to understand he won't be PPV star if his fights aren't exciting. That's part of the formula.

UFC wanted the next Conor and Anderson Silva with him. But he needs to learn to press the action like they did as well. They were stars because they finished almost everyone they fought. That's the missing part of the formula that people ignore. That's what made them must watch TV.
He showed a more aggressive approach yesterday but got caught a lot more in the process.

He's a big fish in a small pond at MW so he will wreak havoc there for a few years.

Obviously talented, but he has zero charisma. Dude is cringetown and a weirdo. It's laughable that he thinks he'd be a superstar like Pacquiao.

I disagree here. His charisma has got him this much hype. It definitely isn't his fights.

I cringe every time the commentators talk about him like he a god lol

They freeze but yet can't knock them out?

exactly lol

Why does he get the benefit of the doubt that nobody else?

How do you run someone down and let them hit first? makes no sense

Silva would never

The only fight I found downright boring is the Yoel fight to me.
I enjoyed the Vettori 2 for the most part. It kinda dragged after the RNC attempt, but that's mainly because Marvin was no threat to Izzy at all by that point.
I even enjoyed the fight last night, it wasn't a barn burner but I enjoyed the adjustments and setups both men were trying to implement.

I'm also pretty easy to please and I'm a fan of Izzy and Rob, so it's maybe a bit of bias I enjoy their fights more than I should compared to someone who's got a neutral perspective.
Anyways Izzy is not Woodley 2.0, that's just false. Izzy is way more entertaining IMO.
Usman would also get fucked up by Izzy and Rob too. People are seriously overestimating his chances there at MW, but I'd give him credit for taking the risk in moving up.

I appreciate the honesty in this post sir.
Knew you were a good egg...and you keep confirming that I'm right.

He showed a more aggressive approach yesterday but got caught a lot more in the process.

He's a big fish in a small pond at MW so he will wreak havoc there for a few years.
He was forced to because Whittaker wasn't rushing in recklessly. Izzy isn't good as an offensive pressure striker. His timing is for people coming in, not for him trying to close distance and attack. That's why he gets clipped on his entries.

I still do not understand how there is so much hype around him. All his fights fucking suck with him doing nothing but wait for his opponents to do shit. It is basically woodley 2.0 but with less domination

Like how is the narrative that he dominated bobby lol? Wtf

Karamu usman would destroy him within 2

He is lucky his division is so fking weak
whittaker's gameplan was boring as fuck and adesanya pushed the fight the entire time. dont know why you're blaming him.

GSP did the same kinda. Except GSP was a lot more of a well rounded fighter. Izzy is literally miles ahead of the competition though, so it looks even more boring from a fan perspective. . He does not need to go and take needles head trauma. The less damage he takes the better. I guess you can say the smartest fighters are masters at not getting hit. They have mastered the rules of MMA in the UFC. Makes for some lame scraps when facing a opponent who refuses to take risks or play into the counterstrike game.

I mean we all watched that fight last night. Whittaker sucked donkey nuts. He did not put Izzy in danger once. He could not do shit on his feet or on Izzy's back. It was literally embarrassing. The fact he came out and said he thought he won was even more embarrassing. I am not a huge izzy fan at all but to just blame him and not Whittaker for that stink fest is a bit much. It takes two to tango and Bobby Knuckles forgot his dancing shoes.

He's just doing what Jones started to do in his last fights. He only puts out enough effort and aggression to win. And just like Jones, a lot of people are saying he lost to Rob.

lol don't ever mention Israel's name in the same sentence as the GOAT just what in the world

whittaker's gameplan was boring as fuck and adesanya pushed the fight the entire time. dont know why you're blaming him.

bro you keep blaming whittaker for Israel not striking?

If your Israel and run someone down then why don't you strike? You expect to run someone down and get mad when he waits for you? foh

This is why the weight classes suck.
You have a huge gap between 185 and 205.
Izzy's frame is that of a 205er or even a 195er but because the UFC sucks we get him fighting guys like rob who are too big for 170 but small at 185. Izzy uses his height and reach to bully smaller guys but when he actually had to fight a guy who he didn't tower over he wasn't able to implement his stupid point fighting game.
Izzy should be a 195er.
Rob should be at 175.
The UFC refuses to evolve in a pivotal stage for growth. It's a young organization/sport, so there will be lots of trial and error. Unfortunately the ufc is just experiencing the error then having Dana white call people idiots instead of fixing it.

He wants to be the next big star. I can see him trying to change his style, he should be smart enough to understand he won't be PPV star if his fights aren't exciting. That's part of the formula.

UFC wanted the next Conor and Anderson Silva with him. But he needs to learn to press the action like they did as well. They were stars because they finished almost everyone they fought. That's the missing part of the formula that people ignore. That's what made them must watch TV.

He fights so much like Anderson. You see Silva fight cote, Maia, Diaz, adesanya? He will not advance if his opponent doesn’t. This is the exact same thing adesanya does. They wait for the counter and use their length from the outside when their opponents play the same game.

He fights so much like Anderson. You see Silva fight cote, Maia, Diaz, adesanya? He will not advance if his opponent doesn’t. This is the exact same thing adesanya does. They wait for the counter and use their length from the outside when their opponents play the same game.

That's blasphemy. Anderson didn't become a bitch after getting rocked once.

bro you keep blaming whittaker for Israel not striking?

If your Israel and run someone down then why don't you strike? You expect to run someone down and get mad when he waits for you? foh
seemed like he wanted to hold him against the cage and land the occasional weak jab. adesanya kicked the fuck out of him in every round, and tagged at will in the punching exchanges.

The first 2 were early in his UFC run and Diaz fight was later in his career. The Maia fight had some bad blood with the fight. He had beef with Brazilian fighters at the time so he was doing that purposely.

I don't know. The guy fights pretty damn well for someone who's overrated. His fight with Gastelum is a candidate for fight of the decade. He's definitely had some tentative opponents and sometimes been tentative himself, perhaps. But mostly not, I think he has quite a few performance of the night bonuses with more destruction than boredom Imo.

Back