It is Hachiko's 100th birthday TODAY!!! 10/11/1923

Dogs > Cats

sorry @isa
cute-puppy-sit-on-face.gif

sorry to hear bout fletch buds. and at that period during the year too would make it just feel worse when its meant to be the most joyous time of the year..

but im glad you got a new pup, and also im glad he is a cunt. i remember when i got my dog, the first 10 days was woeful for my neighbours because he just didnt sleep and was barking all night long. and you obvs are familiar with the puppy barks, they arent that low boof woof but more shrill and piercing! i had to explain to them so many times that i just got him and he is settling in, it was really bad nearly the first 2 weeks, he settled down just before that mark. but then after that and i introduced my pup to them, then they were a bit more chill. but all in all they were pretty good about it.

my dog is going to be 10.5 in december and he is starting to slow down abit. i talked with his breeders recently and his mom lived till 17, so if he has the same genes then i got some really good time left with him.
Remind me what dog you have? I feel like it was a heeler but I might be thinking of someone else

Fletch had a huge operation when he was 8, had to have a huge chunk inside his arse removed from cancer, it was a torrid few months but when he got over it he turned into a new dog.
Only reason I mention it is because those last 4 1/2 years we had with him after that operation were the best ever, once he became a senior and slowed down a bit he was so much fun. Became a great walker, super obedient off the lead, farted a lot and left little shit drops around the house for us because of the arse op thing. But those later years are the ones I remember most fondly, hopefully you fella will give you the same type of memories now he's an old boy. I love em once they get that silver hair streaking through them, slower but still puppy like at times - and all they're well up for chilling at home and watching movies! Hope you get a damn good innings from your boy mate

I wish I had remembered to see that statue when I was in Tokyo this year.

Remind me what dog you have? I feel like it was a heeler but I might be thinking of someone else

Fletch had a huge operation when he was 8, had to have a huge chunk inside his arse removed from cancer, it was a torrid few months but when he got over it he turned into a new dog.
Only reason I mention it is because those last 4 1/2 years we had with him after that operation were the best ever, once he became a senior and slowed down a bit he was so much fun. Became a great walker, super obedient off the lead, farted a lot and left little shit drops around the house for us because of the arse op thing. But those later years are the ones I remember most fondly, hopefully you fella will give you the same type of memories now he's an old boy. I love em once they get that silver hair streaking through them, slower but still puppy like at times - and all they're well up for chilling at home and watching movies! Hope you get a damn good innings from your boy mate
yo buds yeah mixed up the breeds of dog somewhere along the years.

i got a standard schnauzer named elvis.

this was him just back in dec 2021.

266428620_10158345495405913_6905488784843103019_n.jpg

but minus the loose arse poop thing (which hopefully i dont have to deal alot with), schnauzers always grow grey early , but this mofo elvis decided to be a red schnauzer which doesnt show the greys like the standard grey and white or black and grey... but the worst thing is that i got grey when he was a pup! and im only 35!!! but i dont mind. at least with that i can make him feel really super comfortable when he starts to grey so that he wont realise he is the only one. and that his owner has been doing it for (hopefully) over decades. and that he remembers it. lol.

the most annoying thing i heard about the schnauzer breed is they get bad hip dysplacia, and i got a couple steps in the home for him to get up and down. so i think when he gets unable to deal with it he will have to relocate to the level above my room. but im sure he can do that because he is in a crate.

I wish I had remembered to see that statue when I was in Tokyo this year.
hopefully im heading there next blossom season round mid march and stay for a bit longer. but that has been on my note list since watching lost in translation.

yo buds yeah mixed up the breeds of dog somewhere along the years.

i got a standard schnauzer named elvis.

this was him just back in dec 2021.

266428620_10158345495405913_6905488784843103019_n.jpg

but minus the loose arse poop thing (which hopefully i dont have to deal alot with), schnauzers always grow grey early , but this mofo elvis decided to be a red schnauzer which doesnt show the greys like the standard grey and white or black and grey... but the worst thing is that i got grey when he was a pup! and im only 35!!! but i dont mind. at least with that i can make him feel really super comfortable when he starts to grey so that he wont realise he is the only one. and that his owner has been doing it for (hopefully) over decades. and that he remembers it. lol.

the most annoying thing i heard about the schnauzer breed is they get bad hip dysplacia, and i got a couple steps in the home for him to get up and down. so i think when he gets unable to deal with it he will have to relocate to the level above my room. but im sure he can do that because he is in a crate.
Yeah you gotta be careful with hips and backs and jumping around like they're still pups. Fletch used to throw his knees and back out all the time, but eventually he realised and used to stand up on the sofa waiting to be lifted up

It's tough telling them they can't get on the sofa and shit, because that's what's they've been doing for the last 10 years. Good looking dog mate, they always look so regal and playful when we've met them with our mutts

Back