It's funny GSP was scared of Silva when he would've easily won

Dana's Plight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Play it safe afraid to get hit George would not have engaged and stepped into Silva's matrix. George would be counter jabbing but then it depends if Silva can do his matrix shit on the counter's. He wouldn't of even done what Chael did to beat Silva at striking in their fight which was about accuracy and timing. To beat Silva in striking, you have to extreme focus at all times. You need to RAISE yourself to the matrix. George wouldn't of done that. You have to stay in the pocket of Silva, you can't strike him from distance. Clinch him, dirty box him, nullify his reach. He would've wrestlefucked him the way Sonnen did. BUT Sonnen is better at GnP than GSP. GSP just has good top control to lay.

But alas, this is who you look up to. A hard worker sure, but GSP doesn't embody the purity of MMA. But, the only person more overrated than GSP is Silva.

Pre usada weidman was a beast. Weidman is probably the reason GSP didnt go up back then. They trained together and im sure Weidman over powered him.

Damn it i wanted to say Inb4 TheSpider

GSP ain't scared of shit... except for maybe aliens.

Surely GSP knew he could have done what Chael did to Anderson and more.

Play it safe afraid to get hit George would not have engaged and stepped into Silva's matrix. George would be counter jabbing but then it depends if Silva can do his matrix shit on the counter's. He wouldn't of even done what Chael did to beat Silva at striking in their fight which was about accuracy and timing. To beat Silva in striking, you have to extreme focus at all times. You need to RAISE yourself to the matrix. George wouldn't of done that. You have to stay in the pocket of Silva, you can't strike him from distance. Clinch him, dirty box him, nullify his reach. He would've wrestlefucked him the way Sonnen did. BUT Sonnen is better at GnP than GSP. GSP just has good top control to lay.

But alas, this is who you look up to. A hard worker sure, but GSP doesn't embody the purity of MMA. But, the only person more overrated than GSP is Silva.
Stopped reading at the first sentence.
You want it to turn out like Israel/romero? Thats what happens when you wait around for a counter striker.

You would've seen the look of fear in GSP's eyes when Silva grabbed him in the plum and kneed him until GSP unconscious body hit the canvas.

GSP ducked Silva for 10 years. Silva would have destroyed GSP easier than LW Serra did and Georges knew it, hence the ducking.

tenor.png

The fight that everyone wanted that never materialised because of GSP. Never understood the worship for him. Boring risk averse fighter imo.

Stopped reading at the first sentence.
You want it to turn out like Israel/romero? Thats what happens when you wait around for a counter striker.
Or WB vs Woodley. WB did not want to engage at all in the second fight. In the first fight he was cautious until Woodley blessed him with that right in the 4th round. Then WB made the mental decision to never get hit by Woodley again.

Nah there is a reason gsp avoided that fight Ando would have ko`d him <6>
There's a reason Anderson avoided that fight like plague, GSP would have sub'd him harder than Chonan & Takase combined (I'm too lazy to type all of Silva's embarassing losses).
All the steroids, greasings and short-grabbing in the world wouldn't have saved AS from the wrath of Rush <{cum@me}>
[URL='https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloodyelbow.com%2F2009%2F4%2F19%2F844485%2Fjosh-gross-assertion-that-anderson&psig=AOvVaw3jGG8bxfHsc68nbziFS9YQ&ust=1611873558022000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCMDx3K-Xve4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE']
[/URL]
fE37f.jpg
method=get&s=anderson-silva-chael-sonnen-07-08-12-15-11-31-740.jpg

Luke Rockhold said:
I call it like I see it and [the win] just looked dirty to me. [Silva] greased himself again.
After the Vitor [Belfort] fight I saw him grease himself. I wasn't very fond of that first one.
He did it again, blatantly.
And then the shorts grab. And then finally the knee, it ended up legal, but it looked like bad intentions.
All that together, it just wasn't very champion-like for me. I want to see a respectful champion out there. I know emotions might get high with all the crap talking, but you gotta keep those separate and gotta fight clean.

All hail the clean GOATs, GSP, Khabib and Fedor <PandaHi75>

Considering how easily Chael, DC and Weidman outwrestled Silva, I always thought GSP would 50-45 him. GSP was terrified of Silva's size though and one of the reasons I can never rank him as GOAT. Yes, he has a stellar resume on paper but his refusal to test himself plays into the GOAT discussion.

GSP ducking Middleweight until Bisping was champion instead of someone like Whittaker says it all to me.

Considering how easily Chael, DC and Weidman outwrestled Silva, I always thought GSP would 50-45 him. GSP was terrified of Silva's size though and one of the reasons I can never rank him as GOAT. Yes, he has a stellar resume on paper but his refusal to test himself plays into the GOAT discussion.

GSP ducking Middleweight until Bisping was champion instead of someone like Whittaker says it all to me.

Damn said it better than me. This was basically the jist of what I was trying to say.

Firas said on his podcast (Tristar MMA on YouTube) that he didn't want GSP fighting a GOAT level fighter in his prime, that's why they avoided that fight and waited until Bisping was champ to go after another belt. Firas drops some interesting nuggets from time to time, like admitting to having GSP take grease baths the night before fights, etc.

Firas said on his podcast (Tristar MMA on YouTube) that he didn't want GSP fighting a GOAT level fighter in his prime, that's why they avoided that fight and waited until Bisping was champ to go after another belt. Firas drops some interesting nuggets from time to time, like admitting to having GSP take grease baths the night before fights, etc.

Yes the grease would go into his skin and then release after sweating. GSP does anything to win dishonourably, he is a FAKE, acting like some sort of Mr Miyagi.

Back