It's funny GSP was scared of Silva when he would've easily won

Considering how easily Chael, DC and Weidman outwrestled Silva, I always thought GSP would 50-45 him. GSP was terrified of Silva's size though and one of the reasons I can never rank him as GOAT. Yes, he has a stellar resume on paper but his refusal to test himself plays into the GOAT discussion.

GSP ducking Middleweight until Bisping was champion instead of someone like Whittaker says it all to me.

If GSP didn't test himself then Silva didn't test himself either.

You’re the worst/dumbest poster on this forum and I’m shocked you haven’t been banned yet.

GSP ducked Silva for 10 years. Silva would have destroyed GSP easier than LW Serra did and Georges knew it, hence the ducking.
gsp ducked silva as much as silva ducked bones

Play it safe afraid to get hit George would not have engaged and stepped into Silva's matrix. George would be counter jabbing but then it depends if Silva can do his matrix shit on the counter's. He wouldn't of even done what Chael did to beat Silva at striking in their fight which was about accuracy and timing. To beat Silva in striking, you have to extreme focus at all times. You need to RAISE yourself to the matrix. George wouldn't of done that. You have to stay in the pocket of Silva, you can't strike him from distance. Clinch him, dirty box him, nullify his reach. He would've wrestlefucked him the way Sonnen did. BUT Sonnen is better at GnP than GSP. GSP just has good top control to lay.

But alas, this is who you look up to. A hard worker sure, but GSP doesn't embody the purity of MMA. But, the only person more overrated than GSP is Silva.
GSP is not overrated!

Is there any research done on how many threads are about someone being afraid of someone or is ducking somebody......no one in the UFC is actually afraid to fight, they enjoy it, they look forward to it.....no one is frightened and no one is ducking...except when a fist is thrown at their head...then of course, they duck.

tenor.gif

Have fun in your shit threads until you get banned

tenor.png

The fight that everyone wanted that never materialised because of GSP. Never understood the worship for him. Boring risk averse fighter imo.
Why didn't Silva fight Machida, Shogun, or Jones? lmao at being upset at GSP for not fighting the much bigger man in a weight class above his. Shame, shame, shame on him. :rolleyes:

I still think Silva wins and size would have been a major factor.

Moving up in weight is not for everyone.

People need to get over people moving up and fighting. They use conor as their example he is what 3-3 at LW and ww? With 2 of those wins being against cerrone and Diaz at weights they don't usually fight at.

Firas drops some interesting nuggets from time to time, like admitting to having GSP take grease baths the night before fights, etc.
You happen to remember which video it was by any chance? I never miss Firas podcasts, and I don't remember that at all <Varys01>

Why didn't Silva fight Machida, Shogun, or Jones? lmao at being upset at GSP for not fighting the much bigger man in a weight class above his. Shame, shame, shame on him. :rolleyes:

He is friends with Machida and Shogun, and the Jon fight was never even on the table what are you talking about. When Silva and GSP were reigning supreme Jon was on his come up.

Oh and he had no problem moving up to fight Bisping, and he was much thicker and stronger than Bisping in that fight. So that’s bull as well.

He is friends with Machida and Shogun, and the Jon fight was never even on the table what are you talking about. When Silva and GSP were reigning supreme Jon was on his come up.

Oh and he had no problem moving up to fight Bisping, and he was much thicker and stronger than Bisping in that fight. So that’s bull as well.
"friends". Silva ducked.

Why you do GSP haters care so much that he didn't go against his best interest by fighting Anderson? It's an embarassing look trying to bully fighters a weight class down.

Back