It's sad to think there will probably not be a Mars Volta reunion

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ikey is dead, Juan has traumatic brain damage from a biking accident, Cedric is most likely too old to sing like he used too and Omar is on bad terms with all their best former drummers...

What do you guys think will there be a Mars Volta reunion?

Odds are about tree fiddy to one.

I mean they did a new at the drive in album a few years ago. Omar and Cedric still both got it, cedrics voice may not have the same peaks but he still can sound amazing. Seeing them live 3 years ago was a special treat and they definitely still got it. Won’t be the same without ikey/Theodore/juan but Omar is still one of the goats.

favorite band btw

They fell off for me after the first two LP's but maybe I'd dig it now if i gave it another go around.

They fell off for me after the first two LP's but maybe I'd dig it now if i gave it another go around.
Amputecture grows on you after a few times. Bedlam is pretty solid as well, after that it gets a bit rough.

Reactions: HHJ
Every Mars Volta album has some good tracks but DeLoused is their apex. The second best album these guys made was Relationship of Command as At the Drive-In.

Every Mars Volta album has some good tracks but DeLoused is their apex. The second best album these guys made was Relationship of Command as At the Drive-In.
I never got that much into relationship of command,except for the last song,
"Non-Zero Possibility"which is great,and could easily be a Mars Volta song.

I never got that much into relationship of command,except for the last song,
"Non-Zero Possibility"which is great,and could easily be a Mars Volta song.

It's the only straight forward stuff of theirs that I enjoy. I recall buying that album in high school and just burning through that shit. It's great and high energy. Deloused is better, more creative and the artistry is on another level but I love Relationship of Command.

I didnt care for Antemasque or Omar's solo stuff either.

omar & cerdric are amazing- fuck the haters

half-baked-fuck-you.gif

I listened to Deloused a lot as a younger man…may have to listen to whole album again one of these days

Great first two albums but it gets pretty boring and repetetive after that.

Let them rest and enjoy whatever they are doing now.

Back