Izzy "bring back Steve Mazzagatti"

lmao, says he woulda won the fight but lost that round cuz he was not going out

Also said his leg is fucked and one of the reasons for the loss
dude was bent over head first against a Muay Thai champ, he was getting kneed to the shadow realm.

better to lose, than to be brain damaged

There's no way you don't score round 5 10-8

So, at best it's a draw.

It was a good stoppage tho. Izzy was still defending but it was only a matter of time before Pereira put him full out.
10-8...
2D2.gif

dude was bent over head first against a Muay Thai champ, he was getting kneed to the shadow realm.

better to lose, than to be brain damaged
yeah i thought so as well, against maybe some weaker strikers i woulda said to let it go on, but Alex is like the Ngannou of that division in terms of striking power it seems and i dont know how many years that shit would of taken from Izzy if he got to eat 10-20 more in that round.

what I saw was slick, ice-cold head movement at the end of that fight

I agree with him
meh honestly since its all hypotheticals at this point since we did not get to see it go down to that scenario, i feel like nothing good was going to happen the rest of those 2 minutes for Izzy... Alex seemed to be landing most of his finishing shots and i dont think anyone will have the balls to question if those shots were powerful, so at that point its like, does Izzy who looks like he is not defending himself properly with his head down and being wobbly going to recover at some point, i think the odds would be against that scenario.

That stoppage was every bit as premature as McGregor vs Mayweather; ie it was a good stoppage.

Although I do really wish I could have seen Izzy get completely KO'd, wouldn't have minded the reff ignoring the "intelligent defense" protocol at all.

yeah i thought so as well, against maybe some weaker strikers i woulda said to let it go on, but Alex is like the Ngannou of that division in terms of striking power it seems and i dont know how many years that shit would of taken from Izzy if he got to eat 10-20 more in that round.
He would have been shadow realmed is the next volley of strikes.

what the point in going out cold? He was done.

At least now he can come back for a rematch, imagine he got stretchered out like last time

I don't think AP is someone you let tee off on people when they're not defending themselves the best

Like look at Izzy's nightmare tonight:

maxresdefault.jpg

I actually agree with him for once. Either that or bring back Mario and let him go out "like a warrior."

I think it was more the leg kick that Izzy threw and was checked by Alex that caused the injury. But yeah, it was still definitely an injury that was caused by Pereira.
Well izzy has gotten away with out clashing brawler's and wrestlers. Alex spent the 4-5 more years at the highest level in kickboxing eating kicks and giving kicks from the best. It was the first time since he switched to mma that he'd been attacked to the legs.

Back