Media Jake Ellenberger stops Jake Shields with a series of knees (UFC Fight Night 25)

whats with jake's verified facebook page, is it still hacked?

13-C676-BF-AB37-4432-9187-42839216-E901.gif
Between the Hendo damage and this it's pretty clear jake is suffering from CTE and puts it on full display on social media.

Pre-Usada Ellenberger was a straight Juggernaut

Everyone likes to blame every fighter declining on USADA but in Ellenberger's case I think it was more him leaving KINGS MMA for Edumond's gym being the cause of his decline. He went back to KINGS later but by then he had taken a lot of damage.

When I originally saw ellenberger fighting he was very impressive. Even in the losses he looked good and then the downfall happened. He really did face true killers in there.

Crazy how Ellen's Burger was the only one to put Condit in fetal position in his prime in the UFC even if it was brief. Insane power.

Yup. Ellenberger could have done some special things if the stars had aligned a little differently. He fought a murderer’s row if you look at it. Almost beat Condit in his debut. Wins (mostly by knockout) against Shields, Brown, Sanchez, Koscheck, Marquardt, Pyle. Howard, etc. Has a bunch of losses but you’ve gotta be pretty damn good to do as well as he did overall.

Thought Ellenberger had the goods to beat GSP after that lol. I was just getting into MMA at the time.
Tbh on paper he did. I feel like he had to go through the lions mouth to get to his peak and by then it was too late. He was too worn down

Back