• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News *** Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Boxing Bout Set for October MEGA THREAD ***

Winner?

• Total voters
I don’t think you give Jake Paul enough credit, I get the Anderson in his prime beating him but Jake Paul should be up there with any young stud prospects in boxing, he’s obviously taking it seriously
No he shouldn’t, his competition is dubious to be called a “young stud prospect”.

I don’t think you give Jake Paul enough credit, I get the Anderson in his prime beating him but Jake Paul should be up there with any young stud prospects in boxing, he’s obviously taking it seriously
He's taking it seriously and I know it's common to pad your record in boxing but I would like to watch him fight a boxer for once, a washed up one but somebody with an actual decent boxing record with some tricks up their sleeves. Anderson Silva was 1-1 in boxing in his prime.

If you were Dana white and you wanted to embarrass Jake paul, which UFC fighter would you send out to box him. (Has to be a middleweight or smaller). Since you are trying to embarrass Jake, you'd wanna pick a fighter relatively low on the "hierarchy"

I'd think robocop should be good enough to do the job

No he shouldn’t, his competition is dubious to be called a “young stud prospect”.
You sound like a hater
He's taking it seriously and I know it's common to pad your record in boxing but I would like to watch him fight a boxer for once, a washed up one but somebody with an actual decent boxing record with some tricks up their sleeves. Anderson Silva was 1-1 in boxing in his prime.
He tried to fight the younger fury and rahman jr and they both pulled out
He is doing the smart thing by making money fights.

Probably not. Worked hard today remodeling a room all day. Finished the day off with a night of mma and boxing fights, and got a chuckle at some obvious trolls. Should be a great nights sleep. Thanks for asking!

You forgot to add: coping with the fact a youtube personality just destroyed the most famous MMA striker in the history of the sport who was fighting professionally 24 months ago and didn't even want to retire*

I too argue with people I think are trolls. Fucking clown shoes.

Why all Paul threads merged? There's some good thread content. Guy is like the biggest star in boxing right now for better or worse.....Canelo fights do not even draw close to this amount of attention and threads around here.

RE guy that started thread on "Paul boxing since 8". That is a good question....he would not be as popular and would have likely had to fight a killers row in the ammies and been a nobody that lost hope in his dream. He is very talented but he is also juiced to the gills and has a smart team......I once heard the best fighters aren't the nost talented, the best fighters are the ones that can afford the best juice. Either way, he is much bigger this way than if he would have won two Olympic gold medals even.

you obviously don't know much about boxing.

The vast majority of boxers who ended up elite or noteworthy names fought questionable competition for their first 10-15 fights If not more.

They were still seen as skilled prospects.

Why? Because you don't need to be tested against world class competition to give a glimpse of your talent, skillset and ceiling In the sport.

Most noteworthy fighters were highly touted long before they'd be truly tested In the ring.

Analysis Is more than just looking at wikipedia.

Why all Paul threads merged? There's some good thread content. Guy is like the biggest star in boxing right now for better or worse.....Canelo fights do not even draw close to this amount of attention and threads around here.

RE guy that started thread on "Paul boxing since 8". That is a good question....he would not be as popular and would have likely had to fight a killers row in the ammies and been a nobody that lost hope in his dream. He is very talented but he is also juiced to the gills and has a smart team......I once heard the best fighters aren't the nost talented, the best fighters are the ones that can afford the best juice. Either way, he is much bigger this way than if he would have won two Olympic gold medals even.
It's stupid..whichever mods are doing It are being ridiculous

MMA is a part of the discussion, why on earth would you merge them all into a single BOXING thread?

Tons of top boxers have started late teens early 20's. Jake does not have to pay to make guys take dives - he is a natural athlete who has all the money in the world, time to train and is the a side so can fight guys he has an advantage over. It was either smaller guys, washed up guys, guys he already beat in sparring, or if they are bigger and better than him he will make them drain themselves by cutting to much weight. Yes, he is rigging the fights but not by paying people to take dives.

While Jake is carefully selecting his opponents he is not rigging fights. There is no way they could choreograph those exchanges. Jake is fighting much more advanced competition than any other beginning boxers. Look at a guy like Ryan Garcia's first ten opponents are those guys really boxers?. No, they are absolute unskilled, nobodies that present no challenge at all to him, just punching bags for Ryan to stack his record and get comfortable in the ring. They offer nothing at all for him to learn from. Jake is fighting veteran, championship level fighters so he can learn from their very valuable experience and make a ton of money doing it.

If you took any good athlete in their late teens, have them all the juice in the world, beat coaches, all the time to train, favorable match making, they too would become successful. There are even ton of guys better than Jake out there that started late but they are fighting on prelims for 500 dollars.

If that were true why do guys like Michael Jordan's sons never make the NBA even though they tried and had everything you describe and more being sons of the best basketball player ever? Why is every trust fund baby not a professional athlete, musician, actor, etc? You must not actually watch much sports because none of the things you describe make successful athletes, it is overwhelmingly the opposite.

[

1a3a1a7b678fd85f10f425277d2a5486.jpg

Not only are you delusional and know nothing about boxing, but you're also pretending to be a coach.

You aren't fooling anyone dude.

Last edited:
Not only are you delusional and know nothing about boxing, but you're also pretending to be a coach.

You aren't fooling anyone dude.

Pm me and we’ll see who knows more about this business

I worked for ufc for 10 years
Boxing 20 years
Dad is in boxing hall of fame

we’ll see who’s pretending

I think you’re quite ignorant …. This is a business first and foremost

Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva: Post-Fight Press Conference | SHOWTIME PPV - YouTube

At 39:49

"I have one more, it's important ... ok well I know that Joe Riggs has been calling you out, is he someone you've considered?"

"I don't know who the fuck that is"

"anyone who knows Anderson Silva definitely knows who Joe Riggs is, he's local, I think that would just be a perfect match up for you and I hope that's something you'll consider."

Pm me and we’ll see who knows more about this business

I worked for ufc for 10 years
Boxing 20 years
Dad is in boxing hall of fame

we’ll see who’s pretending

I think you’re quite ignorant …. This is a business first and foremost
I don't give a shit

Even if you did know some things about boxing, you're obviously way too emotionally touched by this to be logical. You come off like someone who's drunk, just lost a big bet and haven't come to terms yet.

Everyone from Anderson to GSP, Adesanya, O Malley, Zab Judah, DC, Mosley and a bunch of others have given him respect.

He was impressive tonight.

Jab was good, both to the head and the body so I have no clue what you were watching. He wasn't throwing it much because he was fighting a southpaw.

His defense and instincts were good, covered up well and circled off the ropes well. He was a difficult target to hit. You can tell he worked a lot on defense.

His body work was solid, left hook was solid, obviously his overhand right is always there.

I think his ability to manage distance, utilize feints, reflexes and counters also showed some Improvement.

Could move a bit better on that back foot and fight better on the inside. Seemed a little lost there during moments he didn't circle out.

Overall It was a good performance, solid improvements shown. He was impressive.

He's been training for like 3-4 years. Relative to his level of his experience, he's good. Has shown genuine talent, technique, heart, ability to take a shot, fighters Instincts. He's got a reasonable ceiling for this.

Anyone saying otherwise can't judge ability for shit or are simply too biased to be taken seriously.

Nobody believes you're a boxing coach dude. You're an average sherdogger who probably lost a bet, drunk and are here coping hard.

You forgot to add: coping with the fact a youtube personality just destroyed the most famous MMA striker in the history of the sport who was fighting professionally 24 months ago and didn't even want to retire*

>Destroyed
Hardly, it was a serviceable decision.
>MMA Striker
Correct, Striker. Not Boxer.
>Fight professionally 24 months ago
Where? On a Native Reserve against Tito Ortiz? All of his most recent MMA bouts have been sideshows. Just like this one.

For at 47 year old washed MMA fighter he looked alright, it's very clear he's not a Boxer though.

You do what with clown shoes? Have fun with that.

Most famous striker who is double Paul’s age, has a 1-7-NC in his last 9 fights before getting booted.

Totally going to have to cope and figure out how to work through these feelings about some dude I don’t know personally and who was never a favorite fighter who lost to another dude I don’t know in a sport different than what he is famous for. How will I manage?

Back