News Jake Paul vs Ben Askren Confirmed

Winner?

• Total voters
Unfortunately, I don’t think so. I think Paul is a considerably better “boxer.” And all the casual fans of the world will look at it like he beat a professional fighter; not realizing Ben doesn’t even “mma box.”

Paul actually picked the perfect guy. Not known for his standup when he was fighting and well known plus a good talker.

Ben does have a great chin though but it won't matter much in this kind of matchup.

Askren is legitimately one of the worst male strikers ever to fight in the UFC, so I'd be surprised if he beat Jake Paul, who is shite himself but has decent technique.

Also, to beat Jake Paul on his own card means he will need a stoppage, as you've got no chance in hell of getting a decision.

This is bad. If Paul wins. He can now say he beat a "pro fighter. Former champion." Ugh...

hearing ben talk about this fight by calling jake not a real fighter just a youtuber is the complete wrong mentality to take and will lead him to getting flatlined

Paul actually picked the perfect guy. Not known for his standup when he was fighting and well known plus a good talker.

Ben does have a great chin though but it won't matter much in this kind of matchup.
We park our cars in the same garage my friend. Couldn’t have said it better.

Not really.
Ben has competed at the highest level in several (combat) sports.
Jake is a youTube star, who might have been okay in HS wrestling.
Yeah to logical people but for the majority of the community you can see for yourself is saying Ben is going to get smashed. You can’t just change the narrative if Ben beats Jake. Jake said he could beat people like Conor, Bisping etc. but if he loses to the worse striker mma has ever seen its going to end his whole fake fighting persona and I’m down for it.

A true shit show. I know Ben has terrible stand up but it was against some of the best in the world. If he loses you guys think it'll be a decision? No he way he gets knocked out...right?

And it may prevent Askren from receiving his purse.

But if not, then he should do it.

Askren better not embarrass us.
I'm afraid he will embarrass himself. I'll laugh however this fight goes. And I actually like Askren tbh.

So Jake picked a smaller guy with terrible boxing. Please stop giving this fool your money.

Back