News Jake Paul vs Ben Askren Confirmed

Winner?

• Total voters
ben needs to get out there and do interviews and promos talking about he's the worst boxer in mma and put all the pressure on jake paul to have to destroy him.

I can't envisage an Askren victory in any boxing fight!

The UFC didn't want the bad press? Depending on the result of the Boxing fight between Jake Paul and Ben Askren, a gargantuan amount of bad press MIGHT rain down on top of the UFC in the next few months.

At the risk of what? Damaging and ruining the reputation of MMA fights? Remember that the sport of MMA is brand-new.

It seems SO WRONG to me. Everything about this thread seems so wrong to me.
Pretty sure Dana isn't too bothered. Askren largely failed in the UFC. How does him getting KO'd by Paul in boxing hurt the UFC? It doesn't. It does, however, give Dana the chance to say "you want to fight a real, not over the hill retired fighter? Then let's go."

It's all about the money.

Jake gave Ben his credit on the ariel interview.
Says mma people aren't boxing people
says will knock out Ben faster than Jorge masvidal
Going to show all you shertards what fighting is
he said you guys are virgin nerds who are boxing and mma causals. He said he'll rustle your jimmies

Askren has weathered some early storms in his career and came out on top and is a tough sob. I could see Askren crowding Jake's space, leaning on him and wearing him down. If it gets to a battle of wills, Askren wins.

Ben has to make this ugly.

oh it will be ugly one way or another, that's for sure

The UFC didn't want the bad press? Depending on the result of the Boxing fight between Jake Paul and Ben Askren, a gargantuan amount of bad press MIGHT rain down on top of the UFC in the next few months.

At the risk of what? Damaging and ruining the reputation of MMA fights? Remember that the sport of MMA is brand-new.

It seems SO WRONG to me. Everything about this thread seems so wrong to me.

Yeah but UFC has been under fire for poor treatment of fighters lately (more than usual). It's becoming mainstream and Askren is most well known for getting knocked out in a couple seconds and being a bust.

And the NBA guy Jake knocked out wasn't?
Not anymore. He hasn't been in the NBA in 5 years. In his day he was a little explosive guy throwing down between the legs dunks. Now he can't even dunk anymore

askren apparently getting 1 mil for this, same amount dustin is getting before ppv points

Knocking out Ben Askren is a good way to brownie points with Dana White.

Maybe we’ll see Jake Paul make the jump to the UFC.

Hope for Ben's sake that he's getting paid really well for this beating.

Honestly, you don't need to train boxing at all and you've got a pretty good chance of beating him.

If Askren fights smart he has a chance, he needs to use dirty boxing, clinch, tie ups anything to tire Jake out, Jake isn't used to a gruelling fight like Askren is. That said still pretty worried for Askren think Jake likely TKO's him.

If you’d been here longer than a few weeks you’d know Sherdog reset everyone’s “likes” months ago. Not that most of us give a shit. You’re right I do have an opinion, and my opinion is you’re garbage.

which means absolutely nothing

just like your like percentage

<Dany07>

When did he get embarrassed before ? against one of the best fighter in the world ?
Let me guess you think Conor was embarrassed last week as well... or Overeem vs Ngannou ?
When top fighters fight there is a loser most of the time and that's it...no embarassement...

Actually, I was thinking of his exhibition against Jordan Burroughs.

giphy.gif

This is straight boxing right ?

What does Ben stand to gain from this ?
I'd actually favor Paul and this is like a lose lose for someone who's already lost face in UFC.

I'm not even convinced Askren gets this.... I think his ego is too big to actually even train any boxing or even cardio for that matter

Yeah , I think Ben gets destroyed. Paul has been taking his training seriously for a while, and despite being a clown, seems to be a decent athlete, something that can not be said for Ben Askren.

I really wonder how much money Ben is earning for this one

What a terrible fight, whats the selling point here?. Ben has absolutely no business in a boxing match vs anyone. Jake gets no ratings for this.
Only thing I can figure is it's winnable for Jake against an actual pro fighter cause lets face it Askrens boxing is extremely basic at best. And they know will also be able to deliver in the build up/pressers. So if he wins, he beat a pro, and against a guy who will play ball on promotion to possibly help draw eyes. None of the big names were close to biting, so just going with the best available it looks like.

Plot twist: Ben has been training his shit boxing since his retirement

<TheWire1>

Back