Jamahal Hill’s Footwork (Edit: omg wdyk footwork does actually matter lol)

what made jiri panic was his own complete lack of tdd
Jiri and Jan both got outboxed in their fights against Glover.
Not saying the takedown threat doesn’t count for that but Hill having good TDD shouldn’t be a knock on him for a great performance against a good wrestle boxer.

That's the type of footwork which gives my Muay Thai coach anxiety and we'd get roasted for too. I calf kick by Pereira and this guy is gonna crumble

Bro that’s just terrible. I can confidently say I got better footwork than Hill. Not saying I KO him dead but I would run circles around him.

Who has Hill actually fought with good striking? Alex just beat the two best strikers in the division, while Hill beat the shells of Glover and Santos...
Hill looked way better on the feet against Glover than Jiri or Blachowicz did.

Jiri and Jan both got outboxed in their fights against Glover.
Not saying the takedown threat doesn’t count for that but Hill having good TDD shouldn’t be a knock on him for a great performance against a good wrestle boxer.
it's not a knock on hill, it's just that it's hard to compare jiri-glover to hill-glover cause one has good tdd and kept it standing and the other one was taken down at will

hard to use this fights do decide who's the better striker betwen hill and jiri

Sloppy footwork doesn’t necessarily mean bad.

In general it’s easier for a more technical fighter to exploit sloppy footwork, but being unorthodox like Hill is can create openings that would not happen if he was more technically sound.

Hill does not seem like one to sit back and let his legs get chewed up all fight. Should be a banger.

That's the type of footwork which gives my Muay Thai coach anxiety and we'd get roasted for too. I calf kick by Pereira and this guy is gonna crumble
Didn’t even need the calf kick. The footwork put him in terrible position for any kind of punches coming back lol

Can't wait to revisit this thread after Jamahal bounces Alex's head off canvas
giphy.gif

Leg kicks will be the story of this fight. Poatan by KO
Never even got that far. Poatan is terrifying. People will discredit hill but he doesn’t deserve it. Hill is a scary dude too but Alex is on another level. What an animal

Back