Jamall Emmer vs Jack Jenkins: Your thoughts

AmonTobin

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I've seen them before but don't remember their fights. I'm curious what you think of this prelim fight? I found both of these guy's styles entertaining to watch pitted against each other. They were both throwing hard and throwing often. Maybe following right after the Brundage-Dumas fight had something to do with it. (I haven't seen any threads on this fight so here we are). Talented and tough SOB's. I was ready for a sequel by the end of the 3rd.

IMG_3318.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought it was a very good fight between two very good fighters. I actually scored it 30-27 for Emmers, but it was very competitive the whole way through. Initially, it was a range battle between the long punches of Emmers and the kicks of Jenkins, and that was entertaining. Those Jenkins leg kicks are fantastic, but I thought Emmers was winning. Emmers mixed things up later with some takedowns, and, imo, sealed the deal when he reversed Jenkins in round 3, but I still had a feeling that Jenkins was in the realm of winning a decision based on 1 and 2.

Both guys can get upset wins over some big names. I'd say Emmers is in his prime, whereas Jenkins is still climbing.

I thought it was a very good fight between two very good fighters. I actually scored it 30-27 for Emmers, but it was very competitive the whole way through. Initially, it was a range battle between the long punches of Emmers and the kicks of Jenkins, and that was entertaining. Those Jenkins leg kicks are fantastic, but I thought Emmers was winning. Emmers mixed things up later with some takedowns, and, imo, sealed the deal when he reversed Jenkins in round 3, but I still had a feeling that Jenkins was in the realm of winning a decision based on 1 and 2.

Both guys can get upset wins over some big names. I'd say Emmers is in his prime, whereas Jenkins is still climbing.
Ya I was impressed with both guys. Jenkins had some heavy legs kicks, Emmers looked pretty smooth by the midway point, like he was starting to feel his groove and getting the timing and distance down after R1. Jenkins had some brutal output and got a good lead but it looked to me like Emmers was catching up and finished strong. A couple more rounds might have made a big difference. Both looked competent in the scrambles as well. Both looked like they belong for sure.

I scored it for Emmer's I feel like his punches did more damage over Jenkin's kicks despite Jenkin's not reacting to any of the damage he took, Jenkin's is tough as hell and has a chin so I feel like his kicks looked more damaging and it's why the judges favoured him... had some Thai judges lol

I think a win either way it's fair crazy to think Emmer's is 2-3 in the UFC him and Jenkins looked great.

Ya I was impressed with both guys. Jenkins had some heavy legs kicks, Emmers looked pretty smooth by the midway point, like he was starting to feel his groove and getting the timing and distance down after R1. Jenkins had some brutal output and got a good lead but it looked to me like Emmers was catching up and finished strong. A couple more rounds might have made a big difference. Both looked competent in the scrambles as well. Both looked like they belong for sure.
Yeah, Emmers did start to pull ahead on the feet. I understand he won "the numbers battle," but I thought he was landing some very effective strikes, too. He's never gonna be the guy with the big overhand right, but he hits hard enough and put together a lot of great combos. I thought early on that he was reluctant to use the jab, but he had a substantial reach advantage which, combined with his movement, enabled him to lead his combos with right hand. I thought he won rd 1, but it was close. In round 2, it seemed like he got comfortable enough to start most combos with his jab, and it was much more effective.

Emmers got robbed.
I don't know if I'd call that a robbery, but it was definitely a competitive close fight and Emmers was really cooking by the end. I thought it coulda gone either way but I wasn't paying close attention to the strike count.

I can see others saying emmers won personally I’m happy to see my countryman winning but I can see him losing this one.

Impressed with both of them through and I think they will both go places.

Didn't watch it but sounded like Emmers probably should have edged it.

I thought that Jenkins striking defense made the difference but I was surprised that the judges didn't go with Emmers.

I scored it 29-28 emmers
1st round was very close, but emmer's score a takedown in the last seconds and it gave him the round IMO.
2nd round was really close too, Jenkins score a takedown, but emmers reversed it quickly, gave that round for emmers too.
3rd round Jenkins really land good shots and make Emmers face a mess, I think that's the.most clear round and I scored it for Jenkins.

I'm a bit upseted by the judges giving it to Jenkins, I like him, seems a good guy, nice skills, iconic mustache.
But sometimes I feel the judges just give some decisions based on who you are, I mean, the fact that he is from Volkanowiski gym have something to do with it ?
Izzy has been very vocal about KKF figth
(I scored it for albazi too... But it was very close)

I had it 29-28 Emmers, thought 30-27 Emmers was more valid than giving Jenkins a 2nd round. Didn't Anik point out the live odds closed at -1700 Emmers?

Back