Media Jamie Varner not a fan of Laura Sanko's commentary

Remember when Varner pulled an acting job to get out of a fight he was about to lose?

I sure do.

Varner was up 3-1 on the scorecards going into round 5. Cerrone needed a finish to win, or a 10-8 round 5 to get a draw.

Pena does color commentary for Combate America, Hill for Cage Warriors, both are very knowledgable and well spoken.

When they are giving their analysis you can tell it comes from their experiences as MMA fighters, at the highest level, not hobbyists.

Pena is fucking horrible. Angie is okay.

Miesha did a guest spot for Invicta once and she was really good.

I would say a rough order of female announcers I've heard would be

Sanko
Miesha
Julie Kedzie
Pearl Gonzalez
Angie
Megan Anderson
Juliana Miller
Juliana Pena

How hard is it to google a motherfucker before tweeting out some shit that makes you look dumb? L move by Jamie.

The funny part is, she supposedly fought on the same card he did back at titan FC lol

But man those comments are rough. New fans just kissing this girls ass because she fought a soccer mom once, and not even knowing who Jamie Varner is

You can’t compare her to Jamie Varner the guy was a savage.

Miesha Tate headlined ufc 200 for Christ sakes

I hate incompetent women being forced into men's sports but Sanko is good at her job tbf. She is definitely better than Cruz.

Damn…. She killed him with kindness for a 10-8

Despite what the haters will tell you, Sanko is a classy, intelligent, and respectable woman.

She has been a true martial artist for almost thirty years. She is happily married and the mother of a son who seems like a good kid. She lives on a ranch and raises animals and trains BJJ and works for the UFC.

Apparently Varner has deleted the posts. Maybe he reconsidered. Maybe he got ratioed into Bolivian.

It honestly speaks volumes about how she comes off as a professional broadcaster that he just assumed she must come from that world and not from fighting itself.

One of those rare instances were the compliment is baked into the insult.

There were 11 fights on the card. Sanko was the second fight and Varner was the main event. Why would Varner be warming up roughly 5 hours before his fight?
To get Sanko's number duh

To be fair shs has no idea what she is talking about and Says a shit ton of dumb things that are literally incorrect

Jimmy Smith was one of the best commentators they ever had.

Dude knew his shit, he was a consumate professional, he had tons of experience.

UFC did him dirty and did the fans a disservice as well.
I’d like to know how/if Rogan was implicated in Smith not getting a position. I could see him cockblocking him, as he was everything Rogan was but better.

Back