Media Jamie Varner not a fan of Laura Sanko's commentary

Why does Varner think we care about his opinion? He was a decent fighter 15 years ago.

He also got beat by Dakota "Danny" Cochrane

Thanks for your great insight Mr Varner

annoying? Keeps saying things that she sounds uninformed about?

Meets the requirements of ufc play by play teams I don’t know Jamie’s problem is but that’s exactly the types that have been calling forever

Also bonus points for eye candy

what's weird is that according to sanko they've met before and they know each other

very, very odd.. varner just seems like a jackass

Sanko is good, she's hard working and does a lot of research. Even in Road to UFC where she's calling fights of some obscure dude who's only fought on the Indonesian regionals you can tell she's put the work in to seek out footage and she understands their fight style.

Also Jamie Varner had some fucking amazing fights so I'm not going to blast him either. The one with Joe Lauzon was great.

His fight with Abel Trujillo was my favourite although he did get KO'd. What a war that was.

Anyways, I'm fine with Sanko as a commentator.

Also Jamie Varner had some fucking amazing fights so I'm not going to blast him either. The one with Joe Lauzon was great.

Also enjoyed some of his fights,
but still putting him on blast ...
dont-forget-poop.gif

for his behavior, lying, and childishly talking shit online ... about a broad.

Not exactly real man behavior.

Can smell his ego through the 5g. Hope he reads this, the fuckin' kook.

<NewGina>

Yeah I have a great deal of respect for Varner as a fighter. His strength of schedule was very high and his win over Barboza was a truly spectacular hype train derailment.

The stench of incel in here is already overwhelming.

I'm going to assume that Professor Varner has kept his opinions consistent and has gone on twitter tirades about Rogan never having fought MMA (unlike Sanko).

I haven't paid much attention to her commentary, but she can't possibly be worse than DC, Cruz, Bisping and Rogan.
But bro. Rogan has the accumulated bro knowledge of a thousand suns. It's not comparable

(Also I like Rogan and Sanko)

Yeah also heard jimmy tell a short version, and didn't know the ufc commented on it.
So not sure what that whole believing-sides thing is about.
Bisping was certainly not shilling for the ufc in the moment, in fact, the opposite. This was in person.
Apparently it was as simple as not having a position for Jimmy. That's it.

But they have one for, Dom, DC, Felder, Bisping, Sanko, etc?

Oh well, its in the past.

I have hated on ALL the announcers, commentators, experts -- at some point. So I can't fully condemn Varner's take.

And Varner is legitimate in his MMA background -- Which makes his public thoughts to humiliate Sanko even more classless. He's been in that public eye and has had his share of ups and downs -- no need to attack Laura in such a manner publicly.

Sanko has done a great job on DWCS and is finding her way in the Big Show.

And I'm supercritical of her -- but from a perch where I'm just another voice in the Sherdogger storm.

Another point that need to be made is varner is a literally nobody. Unless he's posting weird shit like this for attention you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who's bring him up in ANY MMA discussion. People still talk about Joe desiel Riggs for fucks sake. Jamie varner was more famous in regionals than he ever was on the big stage.
uhh... no.

He was a WEC champ and handed Cerrone his first professional loss in a wild fight. Back in those days, Cerrone played a ton of guard, and it was a very interesting grappling battle.

Then, after losing the WEC title, he wasn't immediately brought (back) over to the UFC. Instead, he got brought in on short notice to replace Evan Dunham to fight undefeated killer Edson Barboza. And he fucking took Edson Barboza's 0 in one of the most shocking hype derailments in MMA history, where the sacrificial lamb managed to win.

That’s the job of the color commentator though. They aren’t supposed to call the action as it’s happening, they’re supposed to analyze it and present strategies. If they aren’t doing that then there is no point to have a second or third commentator.

They can just use one announcer like Colonel Bob Sheridan.

I was just going to post this. The color commentator is usually somebody who has participated in the sport and the play by play is usually somebody who's profession deals with broadcasting. The lines can blur a little bit, but there is always at least one of each when it comes to televised sports.

Back