Media Jamie Varner not a fan of Laura Sanko's commentary

A whole bunch of literal falsehoods in this post. I’ll let you try to figure out what they are.

The WEC was founded in 2001 and was purchased by Zuffa in 06 - they were property of the UFC after this, disbanded the HW and Super HW (not that anyone could tell me a single person from HW or SHW without googling it) and had three weight classes all under 150 lbs. 98% of all of there events took place in the same building before the UFC bought them. There PPV's were on HDNET. (the other guy harped about me calling them regionals because they had a 'tv deal' but the definition of regional is having your events take place in the same building every time. The only possible 'falsehood' would be my comment about pulling up Varners fighter profile .... but we both know thats true as well. So, I appreciate you coming to the defense of your boyfriend but posting stupid shit like this isnt doing him or you any favors.

The WEC was founded in 2001 and was purchased by Zuffa in 06 - they were property of the UFC after this, disbanded the HW and Super HW (not that anyone could tell me a single person from HW or SHW without googling it) and had three weight classes all under 150 lbs. 98% of all of there events took place in the same building before the UFC bought them. There PPV's were on HDNET. (the other guy harped about me calling them regionals because they had a 'tv deal' but the definition of regional is having your events take place in the same building every time. The only possible 'falsehood' would be my comment about pulling up Varners fighter profile .... but we both know thats true as well. So, I appreciate you coming to the defense of your boyfriend but posting stupid shit like this isnt doing him or you any favors.

Varner won the belt after the Zuffa purchase…

They actually disbanded all the weight classes besides Bantamweight, Featherweight, and Lightweight…not just Super Heavyweight and Heavyweight.

You know you have no clue what you’re talking about which is why you’re resorting to juvenile homophobic insults which is a sign of the uneducated and moronic.

She does kind of suck as an announcer but that has more to do with her voice. Remember when announcers used to get jobs based on their voice and knowledge? They need to make that a thing again. Some people just have annoying voices.

Im all for her standing and looking pretty for a few minutes but I dont want to have to listen to her all night.

Pulling Varner’s fight finder isn’t true either as my memory still works and I remember watching all these fights live:

Donald Cerrone - I
Benson Henderson
Edson Barboza
Gleison Tibau
Melvin Guillard
Joe Lauzon
Kamal Shalorus (this event actually took place in Canada but yeah sure the WEC was a regional promotion in your deluded mind)

Varner won the belt after the Zuffa purchase…

They actually disbanded all the weight classes besides Bantamweight, Featherweight, and Lightweight…not just Super Heavyweight and Heavyweight.

You know you have no clue what you’re talking about which is why you’re resorting to juvenile homophobic insults which is a sign of the uneducated and moronic.

Life exist outside of the internet kid, stop taking trivial shit to heart and acting like a fucking loser on the internet. Replying multiple times just shows how insanely pissed you are over internet comments. Get a life.

Sanko has watched many times more fights than Olivi.

No, she has not. Sanko does an insane amount of tape study for her job. Olivia might have witnessed more live fights, but there is a zero percent chance she has seen anywhere near as many fights as Sanko.

And just being present at a fight doesn't mean one is watching or understanding what is happening.

What kind of stanning is this? Do you watch tape with her? Or just "trust me bro" because it seems like nobody watches shit on fights.

Life exist outside of the internet kid, stop taking trivial shit to heart and acting like a fucking loser on the internet. Replying multiple times just shows how insanely pissed you are over internet comments. Get a life.

There’s no shame in admitting you don’t know what you’re talking about and are now properly educated on the matter at hand.

I’m not “insanely pissed” about anything. Your rebuttal makes it seem as if you’re upset about something though. Your juvenile insults and derogatory language don’t offend me or hurt my feelings as they’re just the sign of an uneducated moron who has nothing left to add to the conversation after being proven wrong.

Last edited:
There’s no shame in admitting you don’t know what you’re talking about and are now properly educated on the matter at hand.

I’m not “insanely pissed” about anything. Your rebuttal makes it seem as if you’re upset about something though. Your juvenile insults and derogatory language don’t offend me or hurt my feelings as they’re just the sign of an uneducated moron who has nothing left to add to the conversation after being proven wrong.

WEC was regionals, Jamie Varner is a nobody in the history of MMA, and thats just a fact. Move on with your life.

WEC was regionals, Jamie Varner is a nobody in the history of MMA, and thats just a fact. Move on with your life.

A promotion that hosted events all over the United States and even in other countries while being owned by Zuffa is not “regional”. May I direct you to the word “regional” in the dictionary.

“Jamie Varner is a nobody” is an opinion held by you and not a fact. May I direct you to the word “fact” in the dictionary as you don’t seem to understand simple words.

What kind of stanning is this? Do you watch tape with her? Or just "trust me bro" because it seems like nobody watches shit on fights.

Nah man you can hear she's done homework on the people she's commenting, it's not like she has some unique insight or anything but let's be honest, the UFC commentary team is bottom of the barrel, Sanko's not the problem here.

Nah man you can hear she's done homework on the people she's commenting, it's not like she has some unique insight or anything but let's be honest, the UFC commentary team is bottom of the barrel, Sanko's not the problem here.
I said it sounds like nobody does shit lol

I said it sounds like nobody does shit lol
Bisping and Cormier both admittedly do zero prep work.

I feel like Rogan used to do some but hasn't for years. Goldberg was almost 100% bullshit artist.
Anik and Fitzgerald are both relatively professional, but kinda bland and sometimes weird.

Sanko is a consummate pro. She knows all the fighters on any card she works. She has never fucked up a name or other important fact about a fighter. She never gets flustered. She rarely makes mistakes and when she does she recovers like a pro. She's good at a bunch of different jobs.

One time on the Contender Series the announcer lost his voice and Sanko did the damn ring announcing too.

That episode she did commentary, the interviews, the intro and outro, and announced the fights. And she did great, as always.

You should watch the Contender Series. Sanko does her homework.

They all do their homework in the beginning until they get lazy and just study up on the piece of paper the production team gets them with the cliff notes about each fighter.

I don’t see the issue with her. She’s trained, clearly loves the sport, knows enough about what’s going on to clearly explain it, studies fights, respects the fighters, has some broadcast training, and isn’t bad to look at. If anyone can explain what makes her any less qualified to commentate than Rogan was back in the day, please explain. Rogan had the edge in television hosting experience, but never fought professionally and didn’t study the fighters as closely as Laura does.

To clarify, I’m referring to the early Rogan broadcasts, not the present iteration of Rogan, who actually studies and enjoys the fights less but has reached a level of celebrity that transcends the UFC, which by itself makes him untouchable whenever he decides to participate. Indeed, one could make a very strong argument that Rogan is the biggest celebrity affiliated with the UFC. There’s no question that he’s the most influential figure in the company.

God these threads are always full of morons. There's not a snowballs chance in hell that any of the clowns criticizing ANY of the announcers or refs have even a tiny fraction of the knowledge they possess.

Tldr: most of you idiots aren't remotely qualified to comment on this

God these threads are always full of morons. There's not a snowballs chance in hell that any of the clowns criticizing ANY of the announcers or refs have even a tiny fraction of the knowledge they possess.

Tldr: most of you idiots aren't remotely qualified to comment on this

On one hand this is reasonable, on the other hand, during Muhammad vs. Brady, Bisping (I think?) said that in order to beat Brady Belal needed to be a big dog and show him who's manlier.

Back