News Jan Blachowicz has been offered to fight Aleksander Rakic, March 26

As long as Rakic doesn't gas in his first main event he should have this. People say he'd boring based off his last 2 fights but he's got the skills, just hope he has a more fan friendly performance here.
Yeah I'll criticize him for the Smith fight since he could've definitely finished it and was pretty much playing with his food. I think what made him hesistant was the Volkan fight, which was close and lost a SD.
The Santos fights should be blamed on both men. Both didn't want to engage, probably due to both being big power punches in the division. This is sadly a normal occurence in many fights especially at LHW and HW.

The had great fights up until those last two before that from what I remember.

2 weeks from now:

Dana: "Rakic doesn't want to fight."

dana-white-ravil27-ravil27.gif

lol amazing av.

Rakic looked pretty flat against Santos and against Smith he did damage but it seemed more based on his physical advantages.
I don’t think Rakic is on Jans skill level but seeing Jan’s last fight he really let Glover bully him and
Jan is the safe bet but if it’s 5 rounds I think Rakic steals some rounds by muscling Jan down and holding him there.

If this becomes a strictly stand up fight Jan should murder and finish this fight dominantly.

Jan’s gonna take this one

So Weili Z. gets an auto rematch for the belt after getting KOed in the 1st round, but yet Jan defends by beat Israel and doesnt get an auto rematch??? How the who the why the Fucks is going on??

Jan’s gonna take this one

Nah he's gonna be second guessing his game & gunshy after that performance vs Glover. Rakic will chop his legs up & use his freaky strength to manhandle Jan on the ground. :D

Also I definitely expect Jan to be the underdog odds wise.

Rakic will handle him, probably pretty easily.

I believe Rakic will eventually be champion at LHW but Jan is by no means an easy fight for him. Its a lot easier for a well rounded fighter like Rakic to face a one-dimensional fighter than another well rounded fighter.

Jan could very easily win this fight if he is able to take it to the canvas and hold Rakic down. Jan also is the more powerful striker while Rakic has a technical advantage.

Rakic looked pretty flat against Santos and against Smith he did damage but it seemed more based on his physical advantages.
I don’t think Rakic is on Jans skill level but seeing Jan’s last fight he really let Glover bully him and
Jan is the safe bet but if it’s 5 rounds I think Rakic steals some rounds by muscling Jan down and holding him there.

If this becomes a strictly stand up fight Jan should murder and finish this fight dominantly.
glover has proved agaist the same oponents as rakic to be mutch better

And Glover finished Jan...
I’m picking Jan to win but I think some flaws he showed against Glover are still relevant.
Glover s ground game is ligth years ahead of Rakic that dude could even bleed up smith on 1 leg on the ground or take santos down and you saw what glover did to them fair Rakic beat santos on the feet in a razor edge figth and even though he got outstruck but Jan matches in reach unlike thiago and if he s fast enougth to beat adesanya and reyes on the feet he certanly can beat rakic too the only thing that really concerns me is were is Jan gonna be metally at

great fight. winner will fight for Jiris title.

I see where you’re coming from but matchmaking like this makes ensures that the best guys are fighting for the belt.
if you're in the top 5 you're already one of the best.
matchmaking like this is stupid. if there is a clear second best then he will keep defeating contenders and setting them back while losing rematches with the champ, quickly leaving the division stale and boring even when there was supposed to be good matchups.
also, styles make matchups. the number 3 or 4 guy might be stylistic nightmares or simply pose different challenges to the champ. however, if the second just happens to match well with the 3rd and 4th and keeps beating them we won't see any potentially great matches.

base line, the champ is supposed to fight every challenger, there's hardly any point in making him face only one guy's style when there are many more. go watch smash. there is no clear cut ranking since anyone can lose to someone they just happen to be weaker against.

I don't like it when they give ex-champs #1 contenders, unless they have had a lot of defenses. It makes the division revolve around 3 fighters.
Well I think Jiri miat likey the #1 contender. This fight is probably to see who gets the shot after that. I doubt Glover is gonna sit on the belt at 42 years old

I see where you’re coming from but matchmaking like this makes ensures that the best guys are fighting for the belt.
Im ok with it in this case.

Back