Jan Blachowicz was, what we thought he was…

His run up to the title was more impressive than his reign tbh. Rockhold,Jacare,Anderson, Reyes is a good list of wins, add on the Izzy win and Jan looked promising as a champion. Glover's been on lately though and happy he got a chance to be champion.

You need to chill the fuck out bro

10302021-Glover-Teixeira-UFC-267-Open-Workouts-GettyImages-1349467638.jpg

Both Reyes and Jan will be forgotten champions in time. JBJ could have dominated this division for another half decade at least

Jones hasn't "dominated" anything for a while now tbh. He went the distance with Smith, nearly lost to a no kneed Santos and by pretty much all accounts did lose to Reyes. Jones is getting taken out soon whether that be at HW or LHW.

The LHW weight division is in transition. And Jan was never really champ material. Glover capitalised much like Bisping did at MW. Things will come right over the next year.

Divsions just sometimes end up with mediocre (relatively speaking) champs - sometimes even for extended periods. Stipe, Weidman, Jan, etc.

Jones hasn't "dominated" anything for a while now tbh. He went the distance with Smith, nearly lost to a no kneed Santos and by pretty much all accounts did lose to Reyes. Jones is getting taken out soon whether that be at HW or LHW.
images

Jones significant Strikes - 65%
Thiago Santos significant Strikes - 25%

adesanya is criminaly overrated as well

If he’s that over rated why is he walking through the current MW division with relative ease? Who’s gonna beat him in the next 12 months? Fuckin stupid statement!

people can knock yans performance last night, and knock the division, but trying to diminish his wins over Reyes, and especially adesanya, is embarrassing. Reyes got robbed against Jones only a couple of fights prior.

and let’s have it right about bellators LHW division. Cory Anderson is about to get a title shot after 1 fuckin fight! Their division is also empty of top talent. Their current no2 lhw still losses to half a dozen in the ufc

I did think it was odd how people were treating Glover like some big underdog. They're both old, they're both journeymen, Glover might actually be a tiny bit more accomplished overall.

But yeah - Ankalaev, Jiri or Rakic will have that belt this time next year. Nemkov would probably beat Glover too and Davis and Corey already did.

Going 9-1 before this fight was still impressive.
("But he just beat a bunch of MW:s" - Yeah if he hadn't we would've thought the MW:s would look successful.)

I think this just shows how small the margins at LHW are.
Jon should've lost to Reyes - who lost to Jan.
Jan lost to Glover.
Glover lost to Corey Andersson, who lost to Jan.
Gus beat both Jan and Glover but lost to Smith and wouldn't be surprising if he lost a rematch to Jan or Glover.

It's tough doing 10 wins in a row.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think he's a solid TOP 5-10 guy who simply maxxed out to snatch the title. He's very good, but you're either the goat or need to retire in this sport, so nobody cares about very good.

But I think he'll be back and win the title again. Probably from Glover, I think Glover will strangle Jiri.

The grappling in that fight is a bit of an unknown I'd agree.

Guys like Alberktson and Nemkov did definately get Jiri down but equally he's never lost a fight via grappling were as Jan has lost quite a few. Most obviously Jiri does seem like he has more ability to escape from his back than Jan does.

I mean the other question is just how good Glover is, he's "good" certainly but I'm not sure you could say he showed amazing wrestling or sub grappling in the recent wins.

Jan's been good when he's not put on his back. Gus beat him that way as well, he plays closed guard without a chance to get up. Seemingly doesn't know how to. Standing up he got the better of Gus back then as well. Same with Izzy. He's good standing up. But bottom game huge weakness.

Glover's world class on top, though. Ankalaev will be at a disadvantage, if taken down. He got subbed by Craig. Yet Ankalaev has wrestling and is way faster with cleaner stand-up.
Except in the stand up he looked lost vs glover and also got cracked by Glover. Jan looked horrible in this fight.

images

Jones significant Strikes - 65%
Thiago Santos significant Strikes - 25%
Yeah.. so hard to "dominate" a person who's knees were destroyed and could only stand in one place with his back on the cage for 90% of the fight.

Reactions: MCS
He’s the Michael Bisping of LHW, both were the first Polish champs of their division too
A man walks up to the counter and orders a polish sausage. The guy behind the counter says "Are you Polish?" Guy says " thats rascist!, unbelievable! If i was ordering a pizza would you ask if i was Italian? Or noodles ask if i was Asain?? Wtf??? " and on and on. The guy behind the counter says the reason i asked is because this is a hardware store.

I kind of felt like he overplayed the “Polish Power” hand. 28 wins 8 TKO / KO’s and only 4 of them in the UFC. Polish submissions and decisions need to be in the mix.
"Polish Decisions Power" just doesn't have the same ring to it, though.

Really Jones hasnt looked like much of a grappling threat against anyone but Gus in many years now. Personally I think a combination of him focusing mostly on anti gtrappling to beat DC and of his best years depending alot of agility of youth.

Back