International Japanese police is getting sued for racial discrimination

That and live streaming culture in general. Japan has been a huge destination for people on Twitch. Almost every big name has gone there and it almost always involves being drunk and obnoxious for views. People just take advantage of the politeness of people over there. They treat it like a giant playground. I really liked visiting the country 15-20 years ago before these assholes showed up.

The dumbest of the bunch are the ones who tag trains with graffitis and bring drugs into the country only to find out with a shocked Pikachu face that Japan doesn't fuck around with that kind of stupid nonsense. FAFO, motherfuckers.

Sucks for Japan. They need more foreigners and at the same time don't really want them (most of Japan anyways). Some people in Japan have come around and realized they will lose everything if they don't change. I do wonder how this case will go though. In the past Japan would have crushed this quickly but these days they might be more cautious. I think the men asked for very little money to give Japan an easy out. Seems to be more about the principal than the money here.

Damn...They play the self victimized Race Card even overseas....laughing
Who is "they"? All black people? And you're DEFINITELY not a racist right bud?

Yeah its almost like racism exists everywhere?

It really is wild to me how deranged you people are. Instead of exercising empathy. Instead of trying to imagine what it must be like to be targeted for your skin color, you will perform insane mental gymnastics and engage in all manner of racism. Instead of just being a normal person, trying to put yourself in someone else's shoes - you will just deem an entire race to be less than you. What the fuck is wrong with you???

I love Japan but would never want to live there and I hope others don't go to live there either because they would ruin their awesome society. Japanese can just build robots. Foreigners are kind of obnoxious over there to be honest. Halloween is horrible in Tokyo. They take over the trains and scream while people just trying to come home from work after a long day. People are quiet on the trains there and I've always respected that.
Japan is like that planet in Star Wars, the one where you just go to pick up your robot army and bounce.

It won't go anywhere. Japan's police and legal system is extremely corrupt. The political system is also corrupt. It's not like the garden-variety corruption that people constantly bitch and blow out of proportion in the west; it's the real deal. Often this surprises people because they assume that because Japan is technologically advanced this must mean these aspects of their system should be "clean," but they're not.

If you get arrested for something and they decide to detain you, police can detain you for up to a month. During that month they can constantly interrogate you to try getting a confession out of you. You can't bail out, you can't call anyone and you can't have a lawyer present, to put psychological pressure on you and make it more likely you confess. If they indict you I believe the maximum they can detain you is 1 or 2 years. In those cases the interrogation can potentially go on for years. Let's say you're indicted for shoplifting, if you do not confess you're essentially guaranteed to serve at least one year in jail. A lot of people will prefer to confess just so they can get out early, as the penalty for theft is low. This hostage justice system is how Japan has a 99% conviction rate.

Police tend to target foreigners specifically. Just being non-Japanese is a homing beacon for police. They'll stop you to ask you what you're doing, where you're doing, where you're from, etc, for no apparent reason. Nothing bad will happen to you, it's just annoying. It's not impossible that black people get a little more harassment, but discrimination against foreigners is routine in every fact of life in Japan and nothing ever gets done about it. He's mistakenly assuming that skin colour is what's doing it and not the fact he's a stranger, also mistakenly assuming that the court system gives a shit about his lawsuit like they would in western countries. They don't give a shit, like at all.

Who is "they"? All black people? And you're DEFINITELY not a racist right bud?

Yeah its almost like racism exists everywhere?

It really is wild to me how deranged you people are. Instead of exercising empathy. Instead of trying to imagine what it must be like to be targeted for your skin color, you will perform insane mental gymnastics and engage in all manner of racism. Instead of just being a normal person, trying to put yourself in someone else's shoes - you will just deem an entire race to be less than you. What the fuck is wrong with you???
This happened to my buddy who was white a couple of times. If you’re following the law why does it matter? He’s not Japanese. Just respect the law when you live there. It’s that simple. Sure it’s a minor annoyance but not that big of a deal

This happened to my buddy who was white a couple of times. If you’re following the law why does it matter? He’s not Japanese. Just respect the law when you live there. It’s that simple. Sure it’s a minor annoyance but not that big of a deal
A one-off thing is just a minor annoyance. If you're constantly being stopped and questioned by the police for your skin color and you're a law abiding citizen, it's pretty easy to understand why people would be angry about that.

A one-off thing is just a minor annoyance. If you're constantly being stopped and questioned by the police for your skin color and you're a law abiding citizen, it's pretty easy to understand why people would be angry about that.
I was in an exchange program when I was younger. None of the black students ever got pulled over. He’s likely exaggerating or doing something suspicious. At most it happens two or three times a year, even less so if you go to the same areas. Also speaking the language helps them warm up to you a bit

Yeah but the dude is just playing the typical race card...They just don't like disrespectful loud foreigners...period.
Probably. My black friend who I met when I studied there had this happen to him a couple of times in all of the 20 years they he taught there. It’s all about how you carry yourself. You can be black and stay ignorant by not learning a thing and dressing badly or you can dress up a bit and learn the language: this applies to all races

Sucks for Japan. They need more foreigners and at the same time don't really want them (most of Japan anyways). Some people in Japan have come around and realized they will lose everything if they don't change. I do wonder how this case will go though. In the past Japan would have crushed this quickly but these days they might be more cautious. I think the men asked for very little money to give Japan an easy out. Seems to be more about the principal than the money here.
Why do they "Need" more foreigners and there's nothing wrong without wanting more. The Japanese people maybe just want to preserve their culture and their traditions.

Probably. My black friend who I met when I studied there had this happen to him a couple of times in all of the 20 years they he taught there. It’s all about how you carry yourself. You can be black and stay ignorant by not learning a thing and dressing badly or you can dress up a bit and learn the language: this applies to all races
Yep...Assimilation goes a long way and respect goes even further.....No one likes a victim complex.

Why do they "Need" more foreigners and there's nothing wrong without wanting more. The Japanese people maybe just want to preserve their culture and their traditions.

They need people to work. Read the article. The country isn't having enough children. I understand what they want and I get it. As we all learned growing up though you don't always get what you want. Sometimes you have to give up on doing what you want in order to get what you need. Japan is having to make those hard choices right now and I feel for them because I do love their culture. At the end of the day though what does culture matter if your country is dirt poor and no longer functional because you refused to change?

I was in an exchange program when I was younger. None of the black students ever got pulled over. He’s likely exaggerating or doing something suspicious. At most it happens two or three times a year, even less so if you go to the same areas. Also speaking the language helps them warm up to you a bit
I don't have any personal experiences in Japan so I'm not going to credit or discredit the claims. In that same spirit I wouldn't default to assuming this individual is lying or exaggerating, and I'm highly suspicious of anyone that would. All I know is that the Japanese have historically been a xenophobic and isolated nation, and most of the contemporary accounts I've seen seem to suggest that that history carries strongly through to today. So if foreigners in Japan are saying they deal with a lot of discrimination, I'm inclined to believe them. I'm like "Yeah that makes sense. Yeah that's consistent with everything I've heard about Japan." If any one individual is lying about any racism/discrimination that they've experienced, okay yeah fuck that person. Lying isn't cool. But I don't have any evidence for this specific case one way or the other. What I do have is the "common knowledge" that everyone knows Japan is not friendly to foreigners, and is pretty racist. And it's not even specifically racism towards black people. Its just general racism. I watch a lot of YouTube channels of Americans and Europeans that live in Japan, and they've ALL been pretty consistent in reporting that casual racism in Japan is a totally normal and common thing. And none of that means I hate Japan - quite the opposite. I really, really wanted to immigrate there.

The same people ITT screaming "DEPORT HIM!!!" and referring to all black people as a monolith (they) that plays the "race/victim card", are the same people that think there's no racism in America. That slavery was basically justified and ok. The same people that think black people are genetically inferior and genetically commit more crime (but I'm not racist btw!!!!!! stop overusing that word!!!! I just believe in the skull science proving blacks are inferior ok?! that doesn't make me racist!!!). They don't care about a discussion of racism in Japan. They don't care about the merits of this particular case. They're in here to hoot and holler and wish ill upon a random dude because he's a member of a racial group that they've deemed inferior to themselves. That's why every reply to this thread so far has been one to two sentences adding nothing to the conversation and just basically hoping that harm is done to this person. Their underlying motivations are pretty obvious. This board is just one of multiple tabs that they have open, and the other tabs are 4chan, stormfront, the bb misc, kiwi farms, and whatever other shithole corner of the internet that provides safe-haven to open Nazis and racists.

If your not a piece of shit, Japan is a nice place to live. I have been wanting to get out of the fucking US for ever, if i leave, im going to Japan.
Lived there for two years in Osaka 2002-2004. Best time of my life . Been stopped plenty by police and I’m a whitish looking half Mexican American. The other thing is Japanese courts are SO slow so this could be dragged out forever, especially in civil matters. Oh and yeah, he’ll probably have some repercussions , even if under the radar “ off the record “ kind of stuff “ from the govt. Japan IS sneaky quiet ( sometimes not so much with “ no foreigners signs “ outside certain businesses ) about racism and people with disabilities. But all in all, it’s wonderful not having to worry about being shot for two dollars.

They need people to work. Read the article. The country isn't having enough children. I understand what they want and I get it. As we all learned growing up though you don't always get what you want. Sometimes you have to give up on doing what you want in order to get what you need. Japan is having to make those hard choices right now and I feel for them because I do love their culture. At the end of the day though what does culture matter if your country is dirt poor and no longer functional because you refused to change?
Thank you for the response sir...

I love Japan but would never want to live there and I hope others don't go to live there either because they would ruin their awesome society. Japanese can just build robots. Foreigners are kind of obnoxious over there to be honest. Halloween is horrible in Tokyo. They take over the trains and scream while people just trying to come home from work after a long day. People are quiet on the trains there and I've always respected that.
It goes both ways. Sadly, a great many of its people are unabashedly racist when it comes to gaijin, especially black people.

On the other hand, a lot of them have a weird inferiority complex when it comes to white people due to having gotten crushed in WWII. That shit fucked them up good, and not in just the obvious structural ways that getting bombed to Bolivia will do to a nation.

I love Japan but I wouldn't want to live there because their work-life balance is FUBAR. Even when you're off the clock you're often not "off duty". Don't feel like joining the crew when they head out to the izakaya after work? Too bad; attendance is mandatory unless you want to be ostracized and gradually frozen out of the business altogether.

Re: that last sentence, they also have designated seniors and disabled seating that foreigners often disregard, sadly, which may influence how people treat them. That shit annoys me because I give up my seat for an old person even where there is no restriction on seating--anywhere in the world.

Shit, the more I talk about it the more I miss it. But I digress. In a nutshell, people shouldn't be assholes in foreign countries, but Japan in particular has enough of a tendency to be racist toward black people that I find this story of police abuse to be very plausible. I hope those particular cops get fucked with America's dick.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back