News Jared Cannonier vs Nassourdine is set to headline UFC Louisville on June 8

Who wins?

• Total voters
Sucks for Cannonier is in a bit of limbo right now depsite his recent record of beating the previous champ, and then putting a whoopin on one of the tougher contenders around. He should probably be in title contention, but instead is having to give a new comer to the top 5 a shot. Despite that Jared has been aging really well. He's physically still a brick house, and seems to have been able to avoid or greatly slow the loss of reflexes and speed that tend to come with your late 30's.

It was awesome how Imavov destroyed Dolidze. I thought he wasn't good enough to be a top five fighter, but he proved me wrong.

Great fight !

Imavov’s footwork should provide issues like Whittakers did but regardless of how agile his footwork is he still potshots and going potshot for potshot against Cannonier is not going to work for any MW. Alongside dealing with Cannonier’s chopping leg kicks I have to lean with Cannonier going off of their last fights.

BUT

Imavov showed against Dolidze he is extremely close to elite imo and if he can string together combinations more fluidly I think he can win a decision sticking and moving but if he throws one at a time like he did against Dolidze and Curtis I struggle seeing him give Cannonier enough issues to not take over down the stretch.

I’m leaning with Cannonier based on both men’s last performances but I do think if Imavov makes the right adjustments to his game he can win this…. I’m just not confident he doesn’t stick to potshots.

Damn this card is looking better than I expected. June will be crazy for the UFC.

Confirmed dying

If Cannonier wins this he can fight the loser of Rob/Khamzat. if he wins that he can fight the loser of DDP/Izzy. If he wins that he'll get a #1 contender fight.

Jared seemingly wants to stay active. Good for him, although he really earned himself a number-one contender fight. Clearly the UFC is passing him by.

Any preferred opponent you wish they would have Cannonier face? He needs at least 1 if not 2 wins before getting another title shot & the UFC understandably would like to avoid giving him one lol. I would've preferred they did Cannonier/Chimaev instead of Whittaker/Chimaev.
Whitaker vs Strictland,Jared vs Khamzat, Izzy vs DDP while Costa can fight Nassourdine would have been my preferred matchups.

I fancy Imavov to win quite comfortably

Not historically a fan of Cannonier, but man he's been doing very well for his age. He should take this one as well, and possibly fight for the title soon after.
After his fight with Izzy he should never get another title shot. He’s very mid tier not elite

After his fight with Izzy he should never get another title shot. He’s very mid tier not elite
The reason I wasn't a fan of him historically is because he was a failed heavyweight who cut all the weigh down to middleweight, got a win over anderson silva with a leg break, and showed little to no heart or drive against whittaker or adesanya.

However, he's getting older now, yet is still improving, fought well against strickland, which has aged very well. hard to criticize a guy who at 39 is still beating anyone that's not the top 2 in the division

Cannonier is getting screwed so the UFC can try to milk the Adesanya/DDP hate. That sucks for Jared. At least he's getting a fight so he can get paid and not just wait around, however. He isn't getting any younger.
And then Costa gets the number one guy while sitting at seven in the rankings and hasn't gotten a ranked win since 2019.... It's actually nuts.
Yeah outside of Whittaker/Khamzat I'm not too big on some of the recent matchmaking choices for middleweight.
Have we actually ever seen some bullshit of this level before? Costa has been doing nothing but losing yet he constantly gets to fight up as a reward. Even Vettori vs Strickland makes more sense than this shit right now.

Imavov is by far the better striker but he is kind of fragile and does not like to get punched.

Unless Cannonier age suddenly comes into play I think walks Imavov down takes whatever punches are thrown his way and lands harder shots to get a W.

Great matchmaking. I like this one a lot.

Back