Javelinas in our backyard

Most definitely. I can't even begin to describe how much nicer it is.

Winter there should be nice there, average for Dec says high of 60. The Grand Canyon doesn't look far, and only 4:30hr drive to Vegas!
<{1-69}>

Cool! Since moving to Arizona last week my wife & I hadn't seen any of the indigenous critters yet. We heard coyotes the other night but didn't see anything. But, a few minutes ago we heard something in our backyard & when we turned the light on to see what it was we found a family of javelinas out there eating prickly pears off our cactus. They wandered off once the light came on but the baby was slow to leave because he wanted more of that tasty fruit.
Of course, my wife, being a lover of all animals, wanted to go out there after it but I reminded her that its parents had large teeth & tusks so she listened to reason. I've heard that they can get pretty aggressive.
View attachment 621135
Careful with them coyotes. They kill cats and will try to kill dogs too.

Careful with them coyotes. They kill cats and will try to kill dogs too.

Oh, my wife knows all about that. She's from SoCal & she used to find the remains of stray cats all chewed up in her neighborhood all the time. Our cats are strictly indoor cats.

Cool! Since moving to Arizona last week my wife & I hadn't seen any of the indigenous critters yet. We heard coyotes the other night but didn't see anything. But, a few minutes ago we heard something in our backyard & when we turned the light on to see what it was we found a family of javelinas out there eating prickly pears off our cactus. They wandered off once the light came on but the baby was slow to leave because he wanted more of that tasty fruit.
Of course, my wife, being a lover of all animals, wanted to go out there after it but I reminded her that its parents had large teeth & tusks so she listened to reason. I've heard that they can get pretty aggressive.
View attachment 621135
They can be nasty. Stay as far away as possible and do not interact with them.

How are you digging it so far?

Always a good idea to have a pet rhino when living in Sedona

UntriedNeatEarthworm.gif

#
View attachment 621135

#arizona problems. I seem some in peoria and tempe

How do you like Arizona, TS?

Thanks, for the suggestion. But, at the moment my choices are between three that my father in law has for me to choose from. A Glock, a "baby" Glock & a .38. One of them is going to be his gift to me. And, while I haven't looked them over or handled them yet I'm leaning toward the "baby" Glock. I like that it's a smaller piece that won't be that bulky to handle or carry.
Stop being poor....

238-nmr.jpg

invite the javelinas over for dinner, show them you are friendly and warm natured and very hospitable. this will lead to you guys becoming great friends and possibly having weekly dinners toghether (at your house ofcourse).

Until you run out of javelinas......

you cant truly be one with your new environment/home until you hunt a javelina with a spear and then cook it over an open flame camp fire in the wilderness.

Back