Javier Mendez: Conor McGregor Hasn’t Been the Same Since Khabib Nurmagomedov Loss

He should never have left FW. Conor beating Eddie Alvarez was the worst thing that could have happened to the woman on that yacht
I'll never forget Super Saiyan Conor

KwLkKH.gif

He should never have left FW. Conor beating Eddie Alvarez was the worst thing that could have happened to the woman on that yacht
that's exactly what that woman told him on the yacht....and he took the belt from her too.

Boxing Floyd was the end, I will be clowned on but I still dont believe that Conor that fought Khabib was anywhere near as good as the Conor that fought Eddie, or even Nate

Incorrect.

Conor hasn't been the same since he left MMA in 2016. It was all she wrote when he got that Mayweather payday

Boxing Floyd was the end, I will be clowned on but I still dont believe that Conor that fought Khabib was anywhere near as good as the Conor that fought Eddie, or even Nate
I agree, but I still don't think he would have beat Khabib. I really think he convinced himself that he would beat Floyd.

This is the gist of it.

Conor played the bigger game -- making money off of Wins and Losses and Biz opportunities, whilst leveraging his ascent and descent into social media madness.

He's playing and winning the BIGGER GAME - $$$,$$$,$$$.

And he's bigger than his UFC Character.

BUT -- can he survive it?

This is the gist of it.

Conor played the bigger game -- making money off of Wins and Losses and Biz opportunities, whilst leveraging his ascent and descent into social media madness.

He's playing and winning the BIGGER GAME - $$$,$$$,$$$.

And he's bigger than his UFC Character.

BUT -- can he survive it?
conor-mcgregor-proper-12.gif

4196.jpg

American Kickboxing Academy coach Javier Mendez believes Conor McGregor hasn’t been the same since fighting Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Islam Makhachev recently expressed interest in facing McGregor, backtracking on his previous stance. Asked about the reason behind Makhachev’s interest in McGregor, Mendez, who has coached both Makhachev and Nurmagomedov at AKA, stated the obvious: a massive payday and instant stardom.

“Massive fight, massive amount of money. And at the end of the day when you’re a champion, when you’re a prize fighter, you fight for the prize, the money,” Mendez told Submission Radio. “So, it’s a massive fight for Islam, it will bring up his stock tremendously. Conor definitely brings that to the table regardless of whether you like him or don’t like him.”

While Makhachev is open to fighting McGregor, the lightweight champ is extremely dismissive of the Irishman, who he believes is well past his prime., Mendez also believes “Notorious” hasn’t been the same since his title loss against Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 in 2018.

“He’s [McGregor] the lottery ticket for a lot of these guys, you know," Mendez said. "Why do you even have guys that are much heavier calling him out, ‘Oh he’s heavy now, let me call him out.’ Yeah you know, he changes their lives because of the money and the fame that comes with the fight. It’s a big deal, we all want that prize. He has it, he is that prize, he knows it. But the problem is, like Islam has said, he doesn’t think he [McGregor] is the same fighter he was way back then when he was beating Jose Aldo, Chad Mendes and all those other guys, Eddie Alvarez. He was the man and then he met the hype, Khabib, that was the real hype. And so then I don’t think he’s been the same since. I really don’t. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am. I think he hasn’t been the same since the Khabib fight.”

He hasnt been the same since Floyd.

agreed. the major tell was him drinking whiskey and appearing pretty buzzed at the press conference. Dana was like "wtf that is actuality whiskey" when Conor gave him the flask.

I think the motivation to beat Khabib was still great, his karate stance was still there when he was standing, the TDD was decent for the first few shots before he started cheating even and he wasn't as boxing oriented as he was against Poirier. Not that it would have mattered that night.

Well, not since after that... since after Mayweather fight. Since he decided to try be a boxer, and he brought that into the cage and lost a lot of his movement that made him successful.

Khabib fought a v shitty version of Mcgregor. I still think similar would have probably happened, but, just saying.

Nah, hasn't been the same since he took a couple years off after he won the lw belt so he could fight Mayweather and be a celebrity. Not doing any mma in that time and instead living the Rocky 3 high life and that was the start of Conor's downfall. Becoming double champ absolutely ruined him, he was no longer the hungry fighter trying to prove he's the best, he instead became a celebrity, started drinking and drugging, not evolving as a fighter. Pretty much the opposite of a GSP after the Serra loss. He doesn't even fight at all similar to the guy he was at 145 pounds.
I think a lot of people forget he had pretty good cardio at one point and the fight against Max showed that, he used to do roadwork (jogging, runs) and all that, but stopped for whatever reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
john_k47
Back