JDS vs Prime Big Nog and Cain vs Prime Nog and Ubereem vs Nog & Ngannou vs Nog?

All 4 beat Nog

I feel I am in crazy land that so many people on this forum think that a slow, non explosive, pillow fisted flabby 240lb man with elite BJJ but shit takedowns is somehow going to be taking down JDS, Cain, Ubereem let alone lol Ngannou

Nog only has 3 tko/ko wins

1 is vs a can with a losing record who had his first ever fight vs Nog (while Nog had 25 fights) and lost via tko ground and pound

2nd guy is a 5"9, 178lb japanese can who Nog outweighed by 62lbs!! Nog KO that guy standing oh wowww....

3rd guy is Brendan Schaub. Other than that Nog lost to a MW in Hendo, got owned by Werdum, Cain, Mir and even when he beat many cans he got his face busted. When he beat Sapp and Enson and many cans he got blooded and injured bad. Yet Nog fans will argue that "Nog was a good boxer". Nog also got destroyed by Roy Nelson and Struve. He was always shit at stand up

Nog fans are as delusional as Bj Penn fans and Sealevel Cain fans

I feel I am in crazy land that so many people on this forum think that a slow, non explosive, pillow fisted flabby 240lb man with elite BJJ but shit takedowns is somehow going to be taking down JDS, Cain, Ubereem let alone lol Ngannou

Nog only has 3 tko/ko wins

1 is vs a can with a losing record who had his first ever fight vs Nog (while Nog had 25 fights) and lost via tko ground and pound

2nd guy is a 5"9, 178lb japanese can who Nog outweighed by 62lbs!! Nog KO that guy standing oh wowww....

3rd guy is Brendan Schaub. Other than that Nog lost to a MW in Hendo, got owned by Werdum, Cain, Mir and even when he beat many cans he got his face busted. When he beat Sapp and Enson and many cans he got blooded and injured bad. Yet Nog fans will argue that "Nog was a good boxer". Nog also got destroyed by Roy Nelson and Struve. He was always shit at stand up

Nog fans are as delusional as Bj Penn fans and Sealevel Cain fans

Nog had good takedowns. But his whole game is a good chin and BJJ

Nog had good takedowns. But his whole game is a good chin and BJJ

I would argue his takedowns were not that good and would not be able to takedown Ngannou, Cain, JDS and we saw what an also old but seasoned Werdum did to him on the ground

I would argue his takedowns were not that good and would not be able to takedown Ngannou, Cain, JDS and we saw what an also old but seasoned Werdum did to him on the ground

Oh yeah those guys Nog wouldn't take down. Maybe if they fell into his guard he'd submit them

Gane got on top of Ngannu, as did old man Stipe, but Nog couldn't lol?

Also, we all saw what Werdum could do to non-Zombie Nog....which is lose to him.

Nog is a more accomplished fighter than everyone else mentioned in this thread. You sound like a noob.

Also, JDS owes a lot of his success to Nog, as does Anderson (well, that and his roid cycles).

The thread title gave me a headache. Sounds like some pro wrestling 3 vs. 3 fantasy tag team where Nog fights himself like 3 times.

Gane got on top of Ngannu, as did old man Stipe, but Nog couldn't lol?

Also, we all saw what Werdum could do to non-Zombie Nog....which is lose to him.

Nog is a more accomplished fighter than everyone else mentioned in this thread. You sound like a noob.

Also, JDS owes a lot of his success to Nog, as does Anderson (well, that and his roid cycles).

Ngannou had injured knees legit vs Gane. It is an excuse but a valid excuse as soon as the fight was over Ngannou got surgery and is out for 1 year. He went into that fight with knee injuries. That affected his cardio and his ability to sprawl.

Nog struggled to take any decent grappler down and usually got sprawled on. Nog struggled with Hendo who he outweighed by 40lbs...

When Stipe first fought Ngannou and beat him he wasent old and Stipe is 10x the wrestler that Nog is and Stipe is a great striker who is a better mixed martial artists than Nog.

Using the 1 takedown Gane got on a 5th round gassed and injured knee Ngannou as somehow proof that Big Nog who is slow as f#ck would take down Ngannou is laughable

Zombie Nog is such a cope. He was 1 year older than Werdum and Werdum also entered the fight with his own injuries. Also Nog got submitted. Nog was a BJJ black belt for longer than Werdum but got submitted thereby proving Werdum is superior.

Oh yeah those guys Nog wouldn't take down. Maybe if they fell into his guard he'd submit them

Nog fans are so delusional see the guy below you comment

When Stipe first fought Ngannou and beat him he wasent old and Stipe is 10x the wrestler that Nog is and Stipe is a great striker who is a better mixed martial artists than Nog.

t

Stipe doesn't sniff Nog's jockstrap.

Why? Look at their competition. Stipe literally fought NOBODY in their 20s during his "epic run" after he got KOed by Struve.
Since then Stipe literally fought ONE guy who wasn't older/had much more mileage on them- that is Ngannu, who he went 1-1 with.

That's it. His Resume is fucking decrepid. Nog on the other hand fought a killer's list of top HWs, who were actually in their athletic primes.
You literally can't compare their careers. Nog was tested in fire, Stipe beat down a bunch of fossils.

Zombie Nog is such a cope.

It's called having eyes. If you think Nog by the time he fought Werdum wasn't a shambling version of his earlier self....I don't really have much to say to you. You clearly either did not watch any of the fights you talk about, or are simply blind.
Also "cope"? How old are you kid?

When Stipe first fought Ngannou and beat him he wasent old .

1. Stipe was 36 (I think?) which is not young if the division had any depth.
2. Yeah and he badly beat Ngannu up.....which says a lot, considering Ngannu only has a handful of opponents who were legit and not fossils themselves. That's the point. It's not impossible, and the sample size of Ngannu defending takedowns and grappling is exceedingly small regardless.

Last edited:
Stipe doesn't sniff Nog's jockstrap.

Why? Look at their competition. Stipe literally fought NOBODY in their 20s during his "epic run" after he got KOed by Struve.
Since then Stipe literally fought ONE guy who wasn't older/had much more mileage on them- that is Ngannu, who he went 1-1 with.

That's it. His Resume is fucking decrepid. Nog on the other hand fought a killer's list of top HWs, who were actually in their athletic primes.
You literally can't compare their careers. Nog was tested in fire, Stipe beat down a bunch of fossils.

It's called having eyes. If you think Nog by the time he fought Werdum wasn't a shambling version of his earlier self....I don't really have much to say to you. You clearly either did not watch any of the fights you talk about, or are simply blind.
Also "cope"? How old are you kid?

1. Stipe was 36 (I think?) which is not young if the division had any depth.
2. Yeah and he badly beat Ngannu up.....which says a lot, considering Ngannu only has a handful of opponents who were legit and not fossils themselves. That's the point. It's not impossible, and the sample size of Ngannu defending takedowns and grappling is exceedingly small regardless.

Stipe wrecked men who destroyed Nog

I swear next to Bj Penn fans. Big Nog fans are the most delusional

You guys dont have eyes to see how Nog would get trashed by todays standards and how he was being raped when he came to the UFC except he beat an even older and more injured Randy Couture and submitted Tim Sylvia who was outstriking Nog prior to short circuting and giving Nog his neck. Somehow Nog fans praise his win over Couture but anytime Nog losses it is because he is "old" even though he often lost to people he was barely older than like Mir or Werdum who had their own injuries. Or how somehow Nog gets excused for being old but when he beats older fighters it somehow counts all of a sudden

The whole "Ngannou and Stipe" beat fossils is a cope. Nog lost to smaller opponents and only ever tko/Ko Schaub and then 2 cans of which 1 of those cans he outweighed by 62lbs and that can is a Welterweight. Nog is the most overrated HW next to Cormier who ducked Blaydes and Ngannou and avoided Ubereem and K1 Werdum then retired ro avoid facing anyone new like Aspinall. Nog is slow that is a fact. A poor striker and has horrible defense ability and a pooe ability to take people down. He could submit Ngannou if Ngannou stupidly fought on the ground but there is no need to do that when the slow unathletic 240lb flabby man with childhood injuries that prevent him from explosive power render his ability to freestyle take people down essentially zero. Nog also isnt strong so his ability to bully someone in the clinch is poor and unlikely except when he faced opponents he outweighed by 40lbs or 60lbs like Dan Henderson, Hirokata Yokoi, Kiyoshi Tamura, Sanae Kikuta, Enson Inoue, Hiromitsu Kanehara, Achmed Labansov, and Jeremy Horn

That is right I just named 8 opponents 240lb Big Nog eat that he outweighed by 40lbs to 60lbs. All Middleweights, Welterweights or 205lbers who didnt cut weight...

Last edited:
Stipe wrecked men who destroyed Nog

I swear next to Bj Penn fans. Big Nog fans are the most insane and delusional

You guys dont have eyes to see how Nog would get trashed by todays standards and how he was being raped when he csme to the UFC except he beat an even older and more injured Randy Couture and submitted Tim Sylvia who was outstriking Nog prior to short circuting and giving Nog his neck.

The whole "Ngannou and Stipe" beat fossils is a cope. Nog lost to smaller opponents and only ever tko/Ko Schaub and then 2 cans of which 1 of those cans he outweighed by 62lbs and that can is a Welterweight. Nog is the most overrated HW next to Cormier who ducked Blaydes and Ngannou and avoided Ubereem and K1 Werdum then retired ro avoid facing anyone new like Aspinall

Stipe started fighting when Nog was basically done. No shit he beat older fighters. Real impressive LOL.

Today's standards? LOL.

Raped in the UFC? You mean did fine vs his contemporaries? LOL

Your comments about DC are just as dumb.

You don't know shit about MMA. I'll ask again. When did you start watching, when you made your current account?

Stipe started fighting when Nog was basically done. No shit he beat older fighters. Real impressive LOL.

Today's standards? LOL.

You don't know shit about MMA. I'll ask again. When did you start watching, when you made your current account?

The whole "Ngannou and Stipe" beat fossils is a cope. Nog lost to smaller opponents and only ever tko/Ko Schaub and then 2 cans of which 1 of those cans he outweighed by 62lbs and that can is a Welterweight. Nog is the most overrated HW next to Cormier who ducked Blaydes and Ngannou and avoided Ubereem and K1 Werdum then retired ro avoid facing anyone new like Aspinall. Nog is slow that is a fact. A poor striker and has horrible defense ability and a pooe ability to take people down. He could submit Ngannou if Ngannou stupidly fought on the ground but there is no need to do that when the slow unathletic 240lb flabby man with childhood injuries that prevent him from explosive power render his ability to freestyle take people down essentially zero.

Nog also isnt strong so his ability to bully someone in the clinch is poor and unlikely except when he faced opponents he outweighed by 40lbs or 60lbs like Dan Henderson, Hirokata Yokoi, Kiyoshi Tamura, Sanae Kikuta, Enson Inoue, Hiromitsu Kanehara, Achmed Labansov, and Jeremy Horn

That is right I just named 8 opponents 240lb Big Nog that he outweighed by 40lbs to 60lbs. All Middleweights, Welterweights or 205lbers who didnt cut weight.. Nog has 8 wins vs much smaller men

The whole "Ngannou and Stipe" beat fossils is a cope.

Ugh, good grief man.

No, it is a FACT. Especially so in the case of Stipe. It is a FACT that he fought nearly nobody in their athletic primes during his run, and it is a FACT that he fought dudes who were older/with much more mileage than him.
Those are facts. Your claims are opinions.

Nog lost to smaller opponents

You mean ONE smaller opponent, Hendo? Who was a top LHW? Who Nog beat in a rematch?
Wow, good argument!

About as relevant as Stipe being bodybagged by Struve in his prime.

Nog is slow that is a fact. A poor striker
Nog might not be a finisher, but he had underrated boxing. Him and his bro trained with the Brazilian olympic team extensively.

and has horrible defense ability
As opposed to Stipe with his homer simpson head movement.

That is right I just named 8 opponents 240lb Big Nog that he outweighed by 40lbs to 60lbs. All Middleweights, Welterweights or 205lbers who didnt cut weight.. Nog has 8 wins vs much smaller men

And? Stipe has 50% of his wins against straight up cans/unraked guys.

Nog ALSO fought Sylvia, Werdum, CroCop, Barnett, Ricco, Coleman, Herring, Sergei, Couture, Mir, Fedor, ALL of them his contemporaries, and he managed to beat most of them.

Stipe fought TWO contemporaries, and the result was mixed.

Today's standards? LOL.

I started watching MMA in 2006. But regularly watching it in 2008. I was following Wanderlei Silva in 2007 and Pride as it was in its last year and as you know was acquired in mid 2007. I remember watching the UFC hyping up Rashad vs Chuck as Chuck had just beat Wanderlei. At that time I was mourning Pride dying I had just discovered it basically and preferred the rules and entrances and I am not American so seeing the US become the center of something again was lame to me as the UFC was selling out to corporatism. I liked the best MMA organization being in Japan. Anyhow in the end I got on board with the UFC hype machine and rooted for all the Pride fighters who came over. I rooted for Nog when he beat Schaub I used to be a huge proponent of any Pride fighter but eventually I started being objective. I believe Fedor based off his skillset and well roundness would be a top 3 LHW if not the champ. At HW Today Fedor would be a top 5 HW in his prime but I am not sure if he would beat the top 3 and guys like K1 Werdum in my opinion would always beat or give Fedor issues. Same thing if Fedor had to face Ubereem while he existed for a little bit. Ngannou represents a danger Fedoe never had to face. Similarly K1 Werdun whom Fedor did face showed that he would outclass Fedor on the ground. The question is would Fedor have won the stand up battle? It is hard to say by that time Werdum had developed into a decent enough striker to outstrike Brandon Vera, Gonzaga, Mike Kyle and would go on to hold his own vs Ubereem and beat Roy Nelson, Browne, Cain, Big Foot, Hunt all standing.

Anyhow I am being purely objective now. Cro Cop in his prime would be a top LHW today and top 10 HW but being only 225lb makes him vulnerable in the clinch with the big boys today who are decent strikers. Big Nog does not have the ability to get the fight to the ground for most of todays HWs and Werdum later in his career factually became a more well rounded fighter than Nog ever was. I dont even see how anyone can argue against this, it is fact

My favorite fighters are surpsingly mostly Pride fighters

Wanderlei Silva
Werdum
Shogun
Overeem
Fedor
Barnett
Cro Cop
Gomi back in the day
Igor
Kharitonov
Aleks

Ugh, good grief man.

No, it is a FACT. Especially so in the case of Stipe. It is a FACT that he fought nearly nobody in their athletic primes during his run, and it is a FACT that he fought dudes who were older/with much more mileage than him.

You mean ONE smaller opponent, Hendo? Who was a top LHW? Who Nog beat in a rematch?
Wow, good argument!

Nog might not be a finisher, but he had underrated boxing. Him and his bro trained with the Brazilian olympic team extensively.

Nog ALSO fought Sylvia, Werdum, CroCop, Barnett, Ricco, Coleman, Herring, Sergei, Couture, Mir, Fedor, ALL of them his contemporaries, and he managed to beat most of them.

Nog beat at least 8 much smaller opponents. And lost to Struve and Roy Nelson and Frank Mir 2x and Cain and to Henderson barely and a draw with Kosaka.

So subtract 8 wins from his record which was padded by 8 smaller cans or 8 smaller men from other weight classes.

Nogs win vs an ancient older Couture shouldnt count then

Ugh, good grief man.

Wow, good argument!

Shut up u just got owned like nog got owned by frank mir

Nog beat at least 8 much smaller opponents. And lost to Struve and Roy Nelson and Frank Mir 2x and Cain and to Henderson barely and a draw with Kosaka.

So subtract 8 wins from his record which was padded by 8 smaller cans or 8 smaller men from other weight classes.

Nogs win vs an ancient older Couture shouldnt count then

I'm gonna create a post about Nog. I just watched his career from start to finish

I'm gonna create a post about Nog. I just watched his career from start to finish

Make a thread to

I am being objective but his fans are not realistic. He was not well rounded and could not get the fight to the floor.

Back