Joe Rogan - Dana White Told Me Mayweather Wants to Fight in the UFC

wasnt there a headline saying he'd do it if they paid him a billion dollars

I seriously doubt this 100%.

Boxing up a scrub like Conor, is one thing. But, to enter the Octagon with any trained fighter would be akin to suicide.

Everything is against him. An aged ( 41 in Feb ), retired boxer ( Even if he is a GOAT candidate in his sport ). With ZERO mma training...

He would get fucking killed.

giphy.gif

Why? It only ends 2 ways.

1) Floyd gets choked the fuck out as all logic would suggest.

2) Floyd somehow TKO's someone and MMA looks like shit.

I'll fucking pass. He's 40. There is no way he's learning any decent basis in grappling at this point.
He’s 40 yet still more athletic than 90% of the current UFC roster.

Imagine that PPV number. Would watch actually

You are just being a negative hater bro. I would probably go to a party for it, chip in $5 and have a good ole time:)
If you want to waste your money then go ahead, have fun. I have no interest in seeing it. Why pay for something I have no interest in?

He’s 40 yet still more athletic than 90% of the current UFC roster.
Yeah, too bad that doesn't help him learn how to fucking grapple, defend kicks, and read techniques in a sport he's never trained.

Floyd is fast and more skilled in striking than any UFC fighter but this is a different ball game.

Yeah, too bad that doesn't help him learn how to fucking grapple, defend kicks, and read techniques in a sport he's never trained.
Sure but if Conor can be that successful with very average grappling and tdd plus the inefficient kicks then I’m sure Floyd would do fine at 45. At 35 I think TJ wrestles him down too easy.

Sure but if Conor can be that successful with very average grappling and tdd plus the inefficient kicks then I’m sure Floyd would do fine at 45. At 35 I think TJ wrestles him down too easy.
Conor had years of training. Floyd doesn't. He could maybe muster up some decent TDD and kick defense but at this point he just doesn't have time to learn.

I think Floyd could maybe win some fights in MMA. Whole camp on take down defense, reading kicks and leg conditioning.

Doesn't one of Mayweathers sons train MMA? It would be funny if Mayweather has been secretly practicing with his son for a few years.

Dana White told me...............

Back