Media Joe Rogan: Diego Lopes is a future world champion caliber fighter

Depends on how he performs against Sodiq. So far he has been getting charmed match-ups: two guys willing to take him down and let him work his elite guard game plus no-chin Pat Sabatini. But can he offensively wrestle to force the fight to the ground? No idea, I haven't seen it. If not, can he strike for 15-25 minutes well enough to hang with some of the better dudes in the division? Again, I don't know.

I like Lopes and always have, but I still can't get the image of him being mauled by Joanderson Brito on DWCS out of my head. He got totally shut down everywhere the fight went. Maybe he's improved, though. I hope he has. That said, I need to see more out of him before I consider him elite, much less clearly championship-caliber. Right now he looks sorta like Ortega 2.0 to me.

Sodiq should be a tough test for him, stylistically; I feel that this fight will determine where he's at in his career.

Man I wish I had straight hair like that. My hair is so curly you can get your finger trapped in there

too early to tell. people will point to his fight vs Evolev but it was a single fight. Lando Vannatta looked good vs Tony on short notice, but he didn't turn out to be special, just so happened he had a good style to match vs Tony and Tony couldn't prepare for him because of the short notice. i think Lopes is better than Vannatta but how much better is the question.

That's true but this kid has shown consistency, which Lando never did.

Sodiq should be a tough test for him, stylistically; I feel that this fight will determine where he's at in his career.

Keep in mind Sodiq hasn't fought in over a year and had a really bad spinal issue that was making him consider retirement. Also losing to Barboza in 2023 is not a good show of potential/talent.

Depends on how he performs against Sodiq. So far he has been getting charmed match-ups: two guys willing to take him down and let him work his elite guard game plus no-chin Pat Sabatini. But can he offensively wrestle to force the fight to the ground? No idea, I haven't seen it. If not, can he strike for 15-25 minutes well enough to hang with some of the better dudes in the division? Again, I don't know.

I like Lopes and always have, but I still can't get the image of him being mauled by Joanderson Brito on DWCS out of my head. He got totally shut down everywhere the fight went. Maybe he's improved, though. I hope he has. That said, I need to see more out of him before I consider him elite, much less clearly championship-caliber. Right now he looks sorta like Ortega 2.0 to me.

he is still a bit untested for title predictions, but from what Ive seen it looks like hes climbing. Truly slick jitz, plus hes fast and seems unafraid to move forward.
I expect a sub win this next bout.

He could be the older brother of young prospect Erick Silva

1788562889.jpg
The most beautiful mullet in all of MMA.

Back