Media Joe Rogan "Ilia Topuria REJECTED Fight Offer Against Alexander Volkanovski At UFC 305: Perth"

Good take normally... but VOlk has been champ for like 5 years. He took that islam fight on 8 days notice and got Ko'd... he also rematched Max TWICE which he really didn't have to do..

I think UFC owes him a rematch

A61BC455-55C1-4DFF-B7ED-C40B46A373D0.gif.a86eed1b54365bac5fe7602f471b3c52.gif

Good take normally... but VOlk has been champ for like 5 years. He took that islam fight on 8 days notice and got Ko'd... he also rematched Max TWICE which he really didn't have to do..

I think UFC owes him a rematch
Even if they owe him he's better off not getting it. Dude needs to chill for a bit unless he's looking to retire this year

I guess Volk deserves a rematch, probably the GOAT FW coming off his first loss. Seems like a great chance for Topuria to make some dough and defend his belt to me
Aldo is the GOAT at FW and even he didn't get a rematch after being KOed. Its never guaranteed.
they weren't instant rematches, cain fought and won again before rematch

even jds fought to earn the trilogy
I wish these rematches had to be earned more often with at least one fight each like with the JDS/Cain trilogy.

I think he beat Volk definitively it wasn't like a fluke punch or dodgy ref decision and so a rematch brings much more opportunity for Volk than it does Ilia. If they made the rematch I'd watch it without complaint but I don't think an instant rematch is necessary. It's not about Volk not being good enough, but the diminishing levels of prestige that finishing him again would bring (imo)
No, it wasn't a fluke punch or something. He won fair and square.

I agree. A rematch is not necessary. But if Topuria is complaining about having to fight Holloway, then he needs to rematch Volk.

Most dominant champs are given immediate rematches after a loss, and many of them have avenged the losses. It's not crazy to think that Volk can't adjust and get a better game plan going. Given his accomplishments, he's got a good chance to win a rematch.

It would be a great way to see if Volk was just having a less than stellar performance, or if Topuria really is as good as everyone thinks he is. A rematch would settle it for sure and silence any questions.

To me, Topuria is still a bit unproven. His resume isn't bolstered with numerous top 5 fighters and incredible talent. His best win before Volk was Emmett. Mitchell isn't a strong contender. And everyone else on the list aren't top talent.

I would rather see Max get the title shot, but if Volk gets the rematch I'm ok with that too. But I don't want Topuria weaseling his way out of defending against a legit and deserving contender.

No matter the outcome, we're looking at some awkward rematches:

- If Volk gets the rematch and wins, we'll need a rubber match to finalize it, which will be 3 fights between them.
- If Max gets the fight and wins, he'll likely face Volk for his first defense, which would be their 4th fight.
- If Max gets the fight and loses, then Topuria will probably face Volk after that.

It could get crazy enough where it ends up like Topuria>Volk>Holloway>Topuria

But other than those 3, I don't see any other strong contenders at this time. Ortega has at least 1 or 2 more fights before a title shot.

Max is the most interesting matchup. An incredible chin. Cardio for days. And top tier striking. The story of a power puncher vs nonstop striker. Fireworks for sure. And it's a fight we've never seen.

I really hope Dana tells Topuria to get fucked and gives him Max as his first defense.

He could be trying to delay hoping for a card in Spain but doesn't look like there's one happening any time soon. Glad he turned it down as it's too early for Volk to return and he would have jumped at the chance if offered. Hopefully they can make Topuria vs Max in September and Volk can get his shot early next year.

Back