JOKER v. 2 (NYPD Vows to Deploy More Officers This Weekend; First Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy hell this looks awesome. Can't wait. Reminds me of Taxi Driver. Fitting seeing as De Niro is in this.

This is going to be a hyper realistic version of the Joker story.

Also I got super intrigued when I saw Brett Cullen who played the congressman on TDKR -- maybe they would do a connection to Nolan's movies but he's playing Thomas Wayne

Holy hell this looks awesome. Can't wait. Reminds me of Taxi Driver. Fitting seeing as De Niro is in this.

This is going to be a hyper realistic version of the Joker story.

He is? I didn't catch him in the trailer?

NM Found him on the stage.

Man that just brought it up another level!

Damn.

I've been very skepitcal about the concept of an origin film for Joker, but that teaser just might have changed my mind.

Now this looks decent. No spandex or capes. Seems like it will have a bit of an edge.

Meh, all i see is a loser who seems a little slow and gets his ass kicked pretty easy.

will see just because Joaquin appears to respect the material.

Looks super cool, although these kind of character-study pieces always have a risk of dragging with pacing issues, really comes down to the lead and director's ability to pull it off.
I'm also super short attention spanned so that's kind of on me too.

Joaquin Phoenix is so good that if this script is just a little above mediocre this will be a cult classic

q0eyOCa.gif

Totally, but not exactly grounds to be Batman's greatest foe. Is a psychotic break supposed to suddenly make him smarter or tougher?

ah, I see what you are getting at. Hopefully the movie can explain that a bit better.

I'm not that into super heroes though, like the Joker usually uses traps and equipment and shit right? Not like him and Batman typically go toe-to-toe, I don't know if his physical attributes really matters.

As far as seeming slow, he could be spectrumy, slow and weird but still super clever in certain aspects.

I rarely watch movies, but will be seeing this in the theater for sure. I give anything with Joaquin a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back