News Jon Jones in talks of return. July way too soon...

Not just too soon, but way too soon.

What?
So this means he's gonna stay retired and most likely not coming back lol.
I remember him saying last year that we would aim to return during the second quarter of 2022, I had a feeling that was BS when I initially heard that.

Sounds like what happens when you're the promoter and you piss off not only your champion, but the 2 guys you want to fight for the interim belt. You reap what you sow. Hope the UFC pays out and we at lest get Jones/Stipe.

Did everyone read that wrong or is it just me. Sounded like Stipe wont be ready by July. Sherdog went full heel over the statement. Maybe just me

Where does it say stipe won't be ready?

Sounds like what happens when you're the promoter and you piss off not only your champion, but the 2 guys you want to fight for the interim belt. You reap what you sow. Hope the UFC pays out and we at lest get Jones/Stipe.
Wtf? Lol no, man. Just no. They can set up a title fight at any time. Plenty of fighters around

The big question is if this isnt July what the hell is gonna headline international fight week? No Conor, no Jones/Stipe and who knows if Usman's hand is ready. This could be a weak ass IFW event this year.

Dang good thought. And who's their next biggest star? Winner of Oliviera/Gaethje won't likely be ready. Volk just fought but he didn't take much damage. Still a quick turnaround for him or Yan.

Their only real hope is Israel. And then what, Figgy vs Moreno 4 for a co-main? Ouch.

I wonder if his suspension is up and he's just out of shape and needs time, or if his suspension isn't up yet

200w.gif

Did everyone read that wrong or is it just me. Sounded like Stipe wont be ready by July. Sherdog went full heel over the statement. Maybe just me
It says it’s way too soon, especially if Stipe is involved. In other words, it’s too soon no matter who is involved, but especially so if Stipe is involved.

Jones’ camp is stating that it’s too soon for Jones, no matter what.

Back