Media Jon Jones replies to Dana White's comments about him asking for an 'absurd amount of money' for HW

Yes, Jonathan is terrified to fight at HW.

GettyImages-545391888.0.jpg

Well he is clever, Jon, I'll give him that. Talk shit, talk like you're going to come in and whip on the scariest fighter at HW, hype it up, then price yourself out and say Hey I wanted it to happen but they wouldn't pay me.

So he prices himself out the ngannou fight then tries to avoid a Reyes rematch like wtf. Jones know his "hey look I'm plotting foward but throwing nothing" "octocon" control won't work in rematch , I honestly believe hes shook

Reyes fight should be a no brainer for Jones, as long as he survives 5 rounds the judges will give him the win

Why do you think that's specific to one opponent? His other unofficial losses played out the same way.

“It’s one thing if you come out and say, ‘Yeah, listen, I want a little more money,'” White said. “The amount of money Jon Jones wanted doesn’t make (sense). First of all, you have, in the light heavyweight division, the Dominick Reyes fight as the fight that makes sense. So is Jon Jones going to go and fight Francis Ngannou, then try to take a run at the heavyweight title? I don’t believe that. He’s never wanted to move to heavyweight before.

“For the amount of money he’s asking for, it’s not going to happen. You couldn’t be asking for a more absurd amount of money at a worse time.”

Jones, 32, most recently competed at UFC 247 in February, where he won a close split decision over Dominick Reyes. White reiterated a Reyes rematch or a fight against Polish contender Jan Blachowicz would make more sense for the UFC light heavyweight champion Jones.

“We’ve got guys lined up at light heavyweight, whether it’s Jan Blachowicz or Dominick Reyes,” White said.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...urd-amount-of-money-for-francis-ngannou-fight

Pretty sure Jones won a unanimous over Reyes. The split was against Santos.

What?

Its 2020 yet you fucks still believe Dana? Unreal lol
Bones is known for being 2faced whenever it suits him too though, let's not pretend Dana is the only bullshitter here.

Bones is just as questionable, he's been doing this "Hw soon!" routine for 5+ years

“It’s one thing if you come out and say, ‘Yeah, listen, I want a little more money,'” White said. “The amount of money Jon Jones wanted doesn’t make (sense). First of all, you have, in the light heavyweight division, the Dominick Reyes fight as the fight that makes sense. So is Jon Jones going to go and fight Francis Ngannou, then try to take a run at the heavyweight title? I don’t believe that. He’s never wanted to move to heavyweight before.

“For the amount of money he’s asking for, it’s not going to happen. You couldn’t be asking for a more absurd amount of money at a worse time.”

Jones, 32, most recently competed at UFC 247 in February, where he won a close split decision over Dominick Reyes. White reiterated a Reyes rematch or a fight against Polish contender Jan Blachowicz would make more sense for the UFC light heavyweight champion Jones.

“We’ve got guys lined up at light heavyweight, whether it’s Jan Blachowicz or Dominick Reyes,” White said.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...urd-amount-of-money-for-francis-ngannou-fight

LOL @ Dana.
Even when I agree with him, I have to point out the blatant lie. I mean Dana truly can't help himself! He can't utter any sentence without a lie in it.

I recall when Jon wanted to move up and test HW waters, and Dana himself did not allow. Now Jon "never wanted to move up"???

Sorry, but that's utter BS.

As I said, I agree that now its not the time for "money fights" since UFC can't make much money off it.
HOWEVER, Jon did try to move up prior and uncle Dana did not allow.

<<Jones, 32, most recently competed at UFC 247 in February, where he won a close split decision over Dominick Reyes.>>

Reyes was not a split decision Santos was

LOL @ Dana.
Even when I agree with him, I have to point out the blatant lie. I mean Dana truly can't help himself! He can't utter any sentence without a lie in it.

I recall when Jon wanted to move up and test HW waters, and Dana himself did not allow. Now Jon "never wanted to move up"???

Sorry, but that's utter BS.

As I said, I agree that now its not the time for "money fights" since UFC can't make much money off it.
HOWEVER, Jon did try to move up prior and uncle Dana did not allow.
Shame on you. Dana White is synonymous with honesty.

Well he is clever, Jon, I'll give him that. Talk shit, talk like you're going to come in and whip on the scariest fighter at HW, hype it up, then price yourself out and say Hey I wanted it to happen but they wouldn't pay me.

Jones didn't come up with this plan.

Guaranteed his manager or handlers have told him they're going to keep teasing the HW move but never actually do it.

So basically Dana is saying the UFC only pays McGregor absurd amounts of money when there is a live crowd. He doesn't want to pay Jones (to fight Ngannou) who has dominated the LHW division for god knows how long and wants him to stay there because there will always be a new contender.

I want to see Jones vs. Ngannou because I feel that is the best chance for Jones to lose.

Back