Rewatch Jon Jones vs Dominick Reyes

8qo6tp.gif

<20>

Close fight, but I really see Jones winning that one. Reyes fought like a ***** in the 5th round. You can't defeat the champion like that.

Reyes won the first 3 rounds, and Jon needed two 10-8 rounds to win and didn't even get one in the last 2 rounds.

Reyes won, but who gives a fuck that is behind us now.

I took the time to watch this one again paying very close attention. It's the second time I rewatched this fight since watching it live. First watch live I thought Reyes won. The time I think Reyes took the first 3 rounds and Jon the last 2. I thought it was pretty clear, Reyes was far more active and landed more every round (1-3). I can't understand how the judges gave Jon some of those rounds. I really think the judges were off on this fight, two judges gave Jon round 2 which was IMO Reyes best round. He threw 30 more strikes and landed far more.

Little late to the party for this thread, but I'm sure we're in for a brand new and nuanced take

Close fight, but I really see Jones winning that one.
Interesting. Now is this based on how fights are  actually scored, or are we going by some brand new criteria that you've come up wit-
Reyes fought like a ***** in the 5th round. You can't defeat the champion like that.
- well, there it is. Cool, thanks for chiming in.

Had it 3-2 Jones.
Anytime somebody surprises and does better then expected it, it tends to make you bias and subconsciously score it for them cause it what you want. It’s the same with the first Gus fight. Close but Jones realistically edged it out.

Back