Jon Jones vs Poatan

The judges and MMA fighters and many outlets state differently, so that is conjecture and an opinion. I also thought Jones did enough to win but it could of gone either way for me.

It is funny how we think our opinions are facts when they are not.

You got some general point that we all are subjective which makes it problematic when fights are close, but most scored it that way, also fight metrics are very straightforward.

So when watching again and looking at stats too, none of first 3 rounds were that close, they were all Reyes. That part is not opinion, just a fact about sig strikes (30-50% more sig strikes for each of first 3 rounds) along with aggression. Do not see a way to score it for Jones.

You got some general point that we all are subjective, but most scored it that way, also fight metrics are very straightforward.

First first three rounds were all Reyes, clearly, by any metric. That part is not opinion, just a fact.

Not at all, the metrics are based on how you score the fight and some thought differently and had different metrics. So did a variety of outlets, MMA fighters, and fans and that is a fact.

It is a moot point. It was a close fight and I had jones edging on octagon control and controlling the pace in the third.

Last edited:
Some vs majority - stats are stats, not opinions, you can rewatch and count strikes and see. But it was obvious that Reyes won 3 rounds, counting or not...

You are watching UFC for 20 years and still do not know much about MMA, how's that possible? Reyes clearly won 3 to 2 in rounds (48-47), not possible to score it differently.
It’s funny you say that because it WAS scored differently and it was unanimous between all 3 judges. 3-2 Jones. Stay salty

UFC305.
Madison Square Garden.
Heavyweight belt on the line.
Izzy on Jones corner. Wearing a Jonny Bones t-shirt.
Poatan avenging his mentor once time more.

I am the new matchmaker of the UFC.

You are a f genius.

Dana, pay this man.

It’s funny you say that because it WAS scored differently and it was unanimous between all 3 judges. 3-2 Jones. Stay salty
I do not care about any of those two, just about facts. Wrong decision. What to do... Guess you need to watch MMA 20 years more to get it, hopefully.

Why are you guys going on and on about Jones - Reyes? How is that important for Jones - Poatan? Is it to convince yourselves that Jones is beatable? Clutching at straws?

Jones asks for ten million dollars and points. The ufc lowballs him with 2 million, venum coupons, and a ufc hot dog brander. Jon refuses and Dana says he doesn't want to fight in the media.

Last edited:
Some vs majority - stats are stats, not opinions, you can rewatch and count strikes and see. But it was obvious that Reyes won 3 rounds, counting or not...
It is the same thing as some vs majority, it all dictates a close fight.

As I said it was a close fight and for me could have gone either way. I thought jones did enough to keep his belt.

I do not count strikes but one stat I do know is that Jones was the more accurate striker, striking accuracy, with 62 percent for Jones to Reyes' 44 percent in the third. Thus That helps detail why Jones won or could have won the third. Reyes' low percentage speaks to Jones' ability to slip shots.

7 outlets had jones winning the fight. That says more than we need to know about how close it was.

These are the facts

Last edited:
Waste of a fight for Jones. Didn't he say he was gonna retire after Stipe? He might have 2 left in him depending on how motivated he is. He should fight Stipe and Aspinall then retire for good. Retirement talk is never a good sign and if he loses motivation again you'll see some lackluster performances like you did at the end of his LHW run (all of which he still won btw haters can keep crying)

You could try it yourself but you won't like what you see. Reyes was not landing a lot and it's because Jones' defense was on point that night. The whole debate reminds me of the Fedor - Arlosvski fight where everybody was creaming their pants over how Arlovski was lighting Fedor up before the KO but then you go and watch it again and you can see that nothing was landing at all.

Jon Jones will argue that Stipe deserves the fight over Alex and has done more recently to deserve it.

You are watching UFC for 20 years and still do not know much about MMA, how's that possible? Reyes clearly won 3 to 2 in rounds (48-47), not possible to score it differently.

LIES.

Actually Pereira and Jones are supposed to train together soon. Pereira asked to train with jones and Jones accepted on social media.
<{Joewithit}>
So are they going to team up against Aspinall?

You could try it yourself but you won't like what you see. Reyes was not landing a lot and it's because Jones' defense was on point that night. The whole debate reminds me of the Fedor - Arlosvski fight where everybody was creaming their pants over how Arlovski was lighting Fedor up before the KO but then you go and watch it again and you can see that nothing was landing at all.

Fans wants and desires manipulate reality. We saw it with Jones v Gus too. When you want someone to win a fight you give them every round they have an argument to win. Then when they don't get every round they have an argument to win because the judges aren't haters they get mad and call it a robbery.

Do you think any Jones hater would look at a coinflip round and give it to Jones? Hell no.

Fans wants and desires manipulate reality. We saw it with Jones v Gus too. When you want someone to win a fight you give them every round they have an argument to win. Then when they don't get every round they have an argument to win because the judges aren't haters they get mad and call it a robbery.

Do you think any Jones hater would look at a coinflip round and give it to Jones? Hell no.
I ain't even mad at them, we all get lost in the hater sauce sometimes. Happens to the best of us. Hell I was a Silva hater for a long ass time but at a certain point you have to stop making excuses and alternate realities and face facts. Jones haters will come around once he retires I think

Jon Jones will argue that Stipe deserves the fight over Alex and has done more recently to deserve it.

Who knows? Jones could just as easily think to himself that Alex is a very beatable fighter and that his (Jones') strengths matches very well to Alex' weakness.

I don't find it impossible that Jones actually fights Alex. It's a very intriguing match for both of them.

I do not care about any of those two, just about facts. Wrong decision. What to do... Guess you need to watch MMA 20 years more to get it, hopefully.
You don’t even know the meaning of the word fact. The only factual thing in our argument is where I said Jon won and it’s because he actually did. Your feelings are not “fact”, that’s your opinion. Jones 3-2, deal with it

considering Santos and Reyes did what they did against a much younger and healthier Jones, yeah, I honestly believe Poatan has a decent chance of sleeping Jones

Jones would have to paid a HUGE amount of money to take this fight, tho, so I dont think its happening

Back