jones critical copypasta

mrsenor

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
against bonner... 3 round decision win, bonner went on and lost 2 in a row aftwards, shows you how good he was at the time
rolleyes.gif

against jake o brian... jake was thrown out of ufc afterwards, thats telling me he wasnt at the top of his game otherwise ufc wouldve kept him.
against brandon vera... who afterwards had 1 no contest, 1 win, 2 losses and was thrown out of the ufc...
against vladimir... 2 minute fight, cant remember
against ryan bader... bader was boring as hell to watch at this time, slightly less boring now.
against shogun, shogun was losing every other fight at this time, way past his prime...
against rampage... no comment. rampage hasnt been good for a decade
against machida... machida had 2 outta 3 losses leading up to jones... closing in at 3 losses in 4 fights in the year 2010-2011... thats a close to get cut record...
against rashad... good matchup i suppose but i cant imagine 3 round decision being that entertaining between these two.
against senior citizen belfort... ok fight i suppose
against senior citizen chael sonnen... hardly fun to watch.
against alex gustafson... finally a fight worth watching! and he almost lost.
against senior citizen glover... couldnt finish him in 5 rounds
against senior citizen dc... ok fight
against OSP... boring.
against senior citizen dc again...
against alex again...

what say you?

I will write one when I'm free for everyone to use.

He fought who the put in front of him..

I agree. If anything, this was a good job by UFC to bring him along slowly and give him time to develop, which is a feat in any division, but especially one as shallow as LHW.

It’s a shame that Jones* squandered all the goodwill he accumulated with his countless f;ckups, and that his legacy is tainted at his own hands, with help from enablers like Dana.

Jones has best LHW resume if u say otherwise u don't know shit about the sport

Keep in mind Jon Jones was only 23 when his reign started and only 3 years into his carreer. To be able to do what he did against such experienced fighters all in their prime physical and skill wise is simply incredible.

Ryan Bader(27 years old) - One of the top prospects of MMA at the time, beats 99.5 percent of completion outside of the UFC. Current Bellator LHW champion.

Shogun(29 years old) - Was the most feared and respected light heavyweight at the time, was smoking hot off a win against machida after losing to Jon Jones.

Rampage(33 years old) - The most devastating striker in UFC history with vicious one punch knock out power. Was on TRT at the time by his own admission. Former UFC and Pride lightheavyweight champion(beat Henderson) knocked out the best fighters in pride and looked outstanding against Matt Hamill.

Machida(33 years old) - Extreemly sharp and dangerous fighter, known for dangerously fast explosive striking and karate blitz, has beaten some of the top names in the sport from Rashad Evans to randy coture(LHW and Heavyweight)

Rashad Evasn(31 years old) - One of the most well rounded technicians in MMA at the time was thought to be one of the top dogs in mixed martial arts went on to win multiple fights after being outclassed by Jon Jones

TRT Belfort(34 years old) - It was revealed that TRT Belfort tested positive for abnormally high levels of testosterone more than twice that of abnormal man for his fight against Jon Jones, then he went on to lose every round and was submitted by Jon Jones in the middle of the fight. After the fight TRT Belfort went on a tear viciously knocking out all of his opponents whom of which were in the top 5 before being suspended.

Chael Sonnen(35 years old) a Tested positive against Anderson Silva with a testosterone level 17 times that of abnormal man, has a TRT exemption(self admired at the time of the Jon Jones fight) all American wrestler and gave Anderson Silva two of the hardest fight of his carreer, was eventually pumbled by Jon Jones in the first round. Went on to go on a winning streak after a loss to Rashad Evans and then got suspended from the UFC for taking banned substances.

Alexander Gustaffson(26 years old) - At the time a young upstart Swedish national boxing champion overlooked by most in the decision as a can. Lost a close fight to Jon Jones then proceeded to finish almost all his oppoents. Is now known as one of the best light heavyweights in the world.

Glover Teixeira(33 Years old) - At the time was the most feared lightheavyweight contender. Shogun had even expressed to Dana that he'd rather be cut than fight Glover Teixeira. Had multiple stellar proformoances against championship to uppper contender level opponents before facing Jon Jones where Jon Jones ended glovers 20 fight win streak.

Daniel Cormeir(35) - An Olympic level wrestler who dominated his way through the heavyweight and light heavyweight divisions, made heavyweights of josh barnet Antonio Silva and later Stipe Miocic look amature, faced Jon Jones and lost to decidedly being taken down multiple times for the first time in his carrer.

Ovince St. Preux - 31 Sure he's somewhat upper notch of today's era, but if he was around during the shark tank period in Jon Jones initial run it's safe to say Ovince St. Preux would be a guppy.

Daniel Cormier(38) - beat both Gus and rumble during his time as champion before being finished by Jon Jones

Alexander Gustaffson(31) - After Gus went on to beat a long list of great fighters, he was stopped in the 3rd round Jon Jones, showing Jon Jones really didn't take him seriously during their first fight.

Dumb thread, but the amazing title makes up for it. I'll allow it.

Jones is a slimy cunt, but you can't discredit everything he does just because he's a piece of shit.

Back