Jones hasn't been tested in 7 months.

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Aren't suspensions that begin retroactively predicated on the fighter remaining in the testing pool? If so, it looks like he won't be able to return until 2022.

Jones to USADA:

OVjQODF.gif

Jones is never coming back. Accept it. Move on.

When he comes back, he will have to enter the pool and wait it out like everyone else who intends to come back.

Breaking! Jon Jones officially makes his UFC return.

442.jpg

USADA doesn't test athletes that have been notified of an adverse analytical finding (AAF) until after the sanction is announced.

It makes zero sense to me and I've asked @dimspace about it but haven't heard a logical explanation. IMO once an athlete fails, they should be tested more frequently, not given an automatic pass to dope more while awaiting the conclusion of their case. Otherwise once an athlete pops they should immediately start a cycle or two because they'll know when they might next be tested, and they can easily prolong the decision to insure they complete their cycle.
Yep, barring outlandish costs a recent hot test should subject you to almost weekly tests for a certain duration. Otherwise jones will go back to his "powerlifting routine" he was on the last time.

USADA: Sorry Jon but you failed your drug test.

Jon: But I took them all!

Aren't suspensions that begin retroactively predicated on the fighter remaining in the testing pool? If so, it looks like he won't be able to return until 2022.

that what everyone said from the start. his 4 years will date back to the failed drug test before ufc 214.

yes like gsp had to do,.

butbrock not coming back. paul haymen keeps playing ufc vs wwe to get brock more and morem oney

I meant moreso in the case of Brock not having to do so.

Why would they bother testing an innocent man facing a wrongful suspension?

USADA doesn't test athletes that have been notified of an adverse analytical finding (AAF) until after the sanction is announced.
Could you source that? It's not that I don't believe you, on the contrary, from the fighters I've looked up on USADA's website that failed tests, I noticed that they too weren't tested from the time their positive test results were announced to the time their suspensions were announced. If it's actually part of their policy and not athletes using the "retirement" loophole, that's a head scratching vulnerability in their policy.

that what everyone said from the start. his 4 years will date back to the failed drug test before ufc 214.
Even if it does, he won't be able to return until 7/28/21, and Jones will be 34 years old by then.

Back