Jones v Stipe is Absolutely Farcical

Stipe can win this however he wants, literally. Yet hes the underdog....

I think we are jumping to conclusions based on one fight (Stipe vs Francis), and assuming Stipe will make the same terrible mistake he made in that fight. Stipe thought he was hurt and charged him, and that is why he got knocked out so bad.

He is not so bad that there will be a first-round finish; he will keep Jones busy for at least a while.

The reason it is a bit of a farce is that it is for the title and doesn't involve Pav or Aspinall.

Me and my husband got tickets and gotta get a babysitter. Definitely raised eyebrows at some of the prices while getting tickets though.

I've got some questions I'd like you to answer because I'm very curious about who buys these tickets. If you don't want to no big deal.

1. How much did you pay and how good are the seats?

2. Is this considered a splurge for you guys like a bucket list thing?

3. Are you wealthy or high earners?

4. What other costs do you anticipate from the show? Transportation? Hotel? Booze?

I'm curious because I bought some expensive tickets for an nba game there as a gift for someone. 500 each. I'd normally never do it but I wanted to get a very nice gift for a family member.

Saw something online that said the most expensive ticket at MSG to watch Jones v Stipe was over $100,000. I feel bad for whoever is paying that to watch a drubbing that will be over within a round. Jones is nothing if not calculating, he knows Stipe has nothing for him and he will retire immediately after the fight to avoid any of the other contenders in the division.
Thought last week was enough lesson to stop saying the fight is gonna be a gimme.

Card is a fucking shit show too

dolidze vs Brunson just got nixed

most expensive tickets in ufc history for jones/stipe and Andrade/dern and a bunch of contender series debutants

buying tickets to this was probably one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done lol

Saw something online that said the most expensive ticket at MSG to watch Jones v Stipe was over $100,000. I feel bad for whoever is paying that to watch a drubbing that will be over within a round. Jones is nothing if not calculating, he knows Stipe has nothing for him and he will retire immediately after the fight to avoid any of the other contenders in the division.

That 100k thing is click baity bullshit

it’s a resale ticket

I paid 1.4K per ticket and can put it up for sale for a million dollars, doesn’t mean someone would ever pay it

I go to quite a few events a year. Been to 285, 289, 290 and 291 so far. 295 is BY FAR the most expensive I’ve ever seen.

Me and my husband got tickets and gotta get a babysitter. Definitely raised eyebrows at some of the prices while getting tickets though.
mind sharing what tickets cost? it's cool you guys will be there.

Stipe might land a lucky punch KO, but the odds of him pulling a strickland are zero. Jones is motivated - this is the fight he wanted - and motivated Jones never loses a round to Miocic.

Jones wouldn’t have had a chance against Stipe on the same day he fought Dominic Reyes.

‘that wasn’t motivated Jones’ fuck outta here
Just like everyone said Gane would do to huh? So many unknowladgeble MMA fans out there
excuse you? That fight was a squash match walk over the day it was announced

OP you're one of these people online who would say "omg what stupid person pays 100k for a watch hehe". Brokies have no say in how others spend their money, if someone is rich and wants to spend 100k watching a fight who are you to tell them whether it's worth it or not. someone who say the same thing about every purchase you've made. You brokies make me laugh, always subtly hating on people with money. get ya money up.

Another thinly disguised Jones hate thread. Sorry, but Jones is the GOAT and all the burning rage in your heart won't change that. Stop hating, it causes cancer.

Jarl

I've got some questions I'd like you to answer because I'm very curious about who buys these tickets. If you don't want to no big deal.

1. How much did you pay and how good are the seats?

2. Is this considered a splurge for you guys like a bucket list thing?

3. Are you wealthy or high earners?

4. What other costs do you anticipate from the show? Transportation? Hotel? Booze?

I'm curious because I bought some expensive tickets for an nba game there as a gift for someone. 500 each. I'd normally never do it but I wanted to get a very nice gift for a family member.
1. We paid almost $4k, they're good seats where we can see whats happening well, not floor seats though.
2. Definitely a splurge we don't do often because we actually don't like going to fights, we prefer seeing them on TV. We are both combat fans but he LOVES Jones more than me, he really wanted to see this fight in person cause of its potential significance. We are able to do it without dipping too much but it definitely puts a dent in our frivolous spending money.
3. Not really, but we live fairly comfortably and don't have big expenses. We work in tech, but we aren't top of the food chain in either of our industries; me less so since I'm still in an entry position.
4. None of that since we live in NYC. uber + snacks, he's probably gonna have a couple beers though (I don't drink, but also, pregnant again so either way a no go).

It's going to be so funny when Stipe pulls a Strickland and makes Jon look ineffectual and amateur
Jones is not Israel, mind you. Neither Stipe is a Strickland. Both are waaay better than the counterparts you said. We are talking about two GOATs.

Back