Jones was terrified of Pavlovich

All these hypotheticals with Jones are weird. Jones is probably the best of all time in the octagon, but constantly struggled with guys his size...let alone 30+ lbs naturally bigger. He had the one fight with Gane that was a bizarre non fight and now he easily beats guys way bigger? even though guys like Santos, Reyes touched up a much younger version?

There is a chance tons of top heavyweights demolish Jones, there is only one way to find out and we won't.

Pavlovich has a near equal reach to Jones, Jones wouldn't be able to do that to him.
Jones is known for his masterful dictation of the kicking range.

His arm length is also used defensively and in tricky ways to mitigate damage. But it's primarily his control of the kicking range that makes him difficult to fight / near impossible to actually hit cleanly.

Boxing exclusive fighters will always struggle against the sort of diversified, high iq, defensively elite style that Jones had on the feet.

DC was an exception, because he's also very high fight iq / tactically minded and was able to intelligently maneuver inside that range to throw effective punches.

It's not something you can just bull rush through.

Last edited:
Jon would have danced around him and point fight to a boring decision. I’ve watch Jones entire career and his fight IQ is off the charts. Unless Jones has declined heavily there’s nobody in the roster that can beat him.
Aspinall KOs him stiff.

So you're saying Jones had no chance to beat Sergei.

Interesting take

It was an early ko. It happens at heavyweight. It's not like Aspinall outclassed Sergei for 4 rounds and then ko'd him. He may have put top much pressure on himself the way he was talking about fighting for the belt. He looked off to me. But even still, he had Aspinall hurt at one point. it appeared Pavlovich would've been capable of hurting Aspinall at any moment until he got caught.

But yeah you're right. Pavlovich sucks and Jones would've easily kod him faster than Apjnall because Jones is the best to ever do it.

Aspinall beat Pavlovich, so that means Jon had nothing to be afraid of. Derr.

This thread is a pile of crap lol.
Negative. It means Jones has to worry about Aspinall. And my money is on Jon ducking Aspinall like the plague. Bottom line, if Stipe would retire tomorrow, so would Jones. lol

Gane is going to beat Tom Aspinall and everyone loses their mind.
Tom isn't a one dimensional power puncher like Sergey. Most likely Tom will utilise his other mixed martial arts skills in a fight with Gane and grapple fuck him ending in some kind of win in floor: sub, GnP etc

As with Pav fight, Tom has more ways and chance to win v Gane. Gane has to fight at range for 5 rounds to win most likely. Or get a volume based stoppage without Tom getting hands on him

Jon Jones is the last active semi-undedeated top UFC fighter , of course he is going to be careful

Gane is going to beat Tom Aspinall and everyone loses their mind.
Right along with you. And if we're wrong. We can share a Sherdog cell and eat crow together. Strapping up for
giphy.gif

Jk. Gane is faster and will melt Asspinal.

Paper belt only. Pico's fear never ever let him fight a single HW.

I don't disagree there. A third of my life passed while Jones was "moving up to HW". I'm just saying that neither Jones nor Stipe are at the stage of their career to accept fights against super dangerous up and comers. They are both done. But still if Jones is faking his injury to wait until Stipe is even older - that would be weak, but not unexpected.

If Jones retires now, he is ducking Stipe
If Jones fights Stipe at HW, he is ducking Tom Aspinall
If Jones fights and beats Tom Aspinall, he is ducking Alex Pereira at LHW
Nobody on this planet says he is ducking Miocic wtf. Miocic is a 42 year old semi retired fighter who has been buralized in his last fight. which sane person would claim he is ducking that guy? If he retires he is ducking Aspinall, who will nuke the picogramms out of his body. Just like Ngannou would have. Its so obvious.

Nobody on this planet says he is ducking Miocic wtf. Miocic is a 42 year old semi retired fighter who has been buralized in his last fight. which sane person would claim he is ducking that guy? If he retires he is ducking Aspinall, who will nuke the picogramms out of his body. Just like Ngannou would have. Its so obvious.
I remember when Jones tore his pec and got injured, a lot of comments on social media, including some people saying Jones injured himself on purpose to avoid fighting Stipe or that he's scared of Stipe

Right along with you. And if we're wrong. We can share a Sherdog cell and eat crow together. Strapping up for
giphy.gif

Jk. Gane is faster and will melt Asspinal.
I am big on Aspinall but I also recognize how funny it would be if he lost to Gane. Sherdog is so desperate for a person to dethrone Jones. Jailton could have been the new it guy except he couldn't finish his fight in Brazil. I like Gane too. I don't think he is such a scrub but everyone craps on him since he lost to Jones.

Yes, I'm sure Jones is also terrified of Frank. Who was outstruck and forced to wrestle in order to win a close decision against Gane.

The fight was there if he wanted it and chose boxing. Theres nothing more to be said.

I am big on Aspinall but I also recognize how funny it would be if he lost to Gane. Sherdog is so desperate for a person to dethrone Jones. Jailton could have been the new it guy except he couldn't finish his fight in Brazil. I like Gane too. I don't think he is such a scrub but everyone craps on him since he lost to Jones.
Its derangement. Jones has either fucked up or squeaked by so many favorites, that his haters have no choice but to say dumb shit to deligitimize his body of work. And claim he's "scared" of X or Y. Fucking stupid.

Its derangement. Jones has either fucked up or squeaked by so many favorites, that his haters have no choice but to say dumb shit to deligitimize his body of work. And claim he's "scared" of X or Y. Fucking stupid.
Fans do these same sort of mental gymnastics in all sports. It's not mma exclusive.

NPC behavior

Everyone should have been afraid of Aspinall all along.

Cyril was smart to it and has been avoiding him for a while.
100%, it has been a bit frustrating to see him "use" his ranking (which he didn't steal though, Gane is probably at the right ranking atm) to avoid actual threats -outside of title shots, obviously- but it's been clear for a while that Ciryl isn't here for a 15 years UFC career, and that he's gonna avoid fights where risks outweigh potential gains. Some people hate this mindset for fighters, although as a man, I can't really blame him.

But that's also why a guy like BSD is gaining popularity in France very fast since his last fights. Seems like his infamous début was yesterday, now he's KOing a legit guy in a PPV main card (edit : not main event, main card) His victories before that were fucking brutal.

---

Regarding Tom, the big question mark was more related to his injury when it happened, it's easy to say it now, but he's obviously very good AND complete, above, probably anyone, else at HW. Glad for him.

Last edited:
Back