Jorge Masvidal Shuts Door on Possible Move to Bare-Knuckle Fighting

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
upload_2023-10-31_6-1-5.png

While Jorge Masvidal appears to be all-in on promoting bare-knuckle fights, he claims we will never see him compete in one.

The 38-year-old hung up his MMA gloves for good following a decision loss against Gilbert Burns at UFC 287 in April, the fourth setback in a row for the former Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight title challenger and inaugural BMF champ. “Gamebred” will remain closely involved with the sport, however, as his eponymous promotion, Gamebred Fighting Championship, has put on boxing as well as MMA events—both of the bare-knuckle variety—since its debut in June of 2021.

Gamebred FC’s events have usually featured well-known names, including numerous UFC veterans; its latest card on Sept. 8 was headlined by former heavyweight champs Junior dos Santos and Fabricio Werdum in a rematch of their first meeting at UFC 90 a decade and a half ago, with dos Santos prevailing to go 2-0 against “Vai Cavalo.” The league is set to put on its next show on Nov. 10 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Miss. Gamebred FC 6 will feature a heavyweight title fight between UFC alumni Roy Nelson and Alan Belcher, atop a card studded with other UFC and Bellator MMA vets including Hector Lombard, Francisco Trinaldo and Chase Sherman.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/J...-Possible-Move-to-BareKnuckle-Fighting-191558

I really dig what he's doing. Wish they could somehow legalize knees to downed opponents though. That's more of an athletic commission thing though.

Did anyone really think he was going to fight in BKFC?
I think he's made some good choices and is stacking some money, he doesn't need Bareknuckle as far as I can tell.
Ya. He figures he makes more money and doesn’t have to work as hard or get punched in the face if he’s a promoter instead of a fighter.

Dude has plenty of money and doesn't want more brain damage. High IQ move.

With that being said, I would sure as hell watch him fight Mike Perry in BKFC.

Sherdogger: ' Lel what a pussy.
Mooooom, wheres my smoothie Im waiting in the badement '

Where did he hurt you?

I want to see Leon Scott sneak attack him but with a head-kick like the one he put Kamaru away with.

Karma hasn't finished its work for this cringey mf just yet.

Hitting people outside of the bout and acting like YOU are the "gangster" really irks me.
Endearing to 14 year old mouth-breathers though, I guess, hence his apparent "fanbase".

Back