Jose Aldo is very overrated

Well for starters Id check his injury list

Then theres the fact that he stopped kicking but thats just little part of mma you know.

I think Jose was very good when Conor koed him. I think he was very good when Max tkoed him. Theres no excuse, he lost those fights.

I dont think its bad saying Max and Volk were better. But if Volk loses his next three ( big possibility btw) you gonna call him overrated?
Volk is 35, jose started losing at 29

I think he's adequately rated.

I think it's kinda accepted that he's not as good as mighty mouse, jones, gsp, silva, fedor but he's right outside there
That's fair, he's definitely not in the same level as those you mentioned and a lot of retards say he is

UFC Featherweight was just WEC so you can count his WEC fights as well. For me I don't put much stock in what happens after a fighter falls off a bit. One thing to note is he stipped throwing leg kicks so at the very least he wasn't able to fight the same way. Also even if he didn't get too old, the game is always evolving. When he was on his big winstreak his style was enough to handle anyone he encountered. Just because people came around with the skills to beat him doesn't mean we should discount what he did over the course of 10 years.

I think Aldo was a bit lucky not to have had to face any really good strikers before Conor but hey it's not his fault there weren't any around. Also if they were around before when Aldo was younger maybe Aldo could have adapted his game, his style worked great for what he had to face. Good striking and great takedown defense.
His TDD was next level for sure.

Back