Jose Aldo NOT retiring Still Eying Bantamweight Title - Can He Do it?

He's not leaping the whole top 10 & fighting for the title.

Nobody really makes sense for him to make it to a title shot in one more fight, ie a win over Cejudo/Vera shouldn't get him one. also he won't be able to get fights with Merab/Sandhagen/Yan and they'd all beat him anyways.

Give him a fight vs Figgy or Yadong and then see where he's at. Otherwise go the "fun fight" route and book the fight vs Cruz.

His ability to last 5 rounds will be the biggest question mark. Great fighter, all time legend, would be incredible if he did it

Can't see Aldo beating Merab or Sean but he may do as he pleases. Dude is a legend.

In a post USADA world, anything is possible.

Vitor Belfort title run incoming.

If he does it he has to retire immediatley. DO not defend the belt just fucking go.

For sure walk around with it for a few months and enjoy being king but then retire. Right in Dana's fuckin face.

Just checked the top 15. I'd say with certain level of confidence

He beats:
4.Vera
5.Cejudo
6.Fig
8.Font
11.Cruz
12.Martinez
14.Simon
15.Pedro

He loses to:
C.Sean
1.Merab
2.Cory
3.Yan
9.Umar

Unsure:
7.Yadong
10.Phillips
13.Bautista
How does Umar beat him?

He won a fight at home after a lay off n looked good doing it. He's no contender he needs ends his HOF. Career on a great note and retire.

Beating Jonathan Martinez is great and all, but it is not the same thing as fighting Merab Dvalishvili or Sean O'Malley.

I can’t say no. Let the man do what he wants

Took a nice step forward with latest win but still has a ways to go even with a fast track for his age veteran accomplishments. Depends on who he can get next near contention. He could sunset with some fun fights as a contender gatekeeper. He is still a draw.

he should have had a title shot the last time against aljo instead of having to fight merab while it was given to one armed tj

I was asleep last night, so I don't know how he looked, but if it was the same level he ended his career on, then he's not getting the title without being able to bypass Merab and probably Yan, (though Aldo did compete with him pretty well at the time and Yan hasn't looked much better since, Yan should still be the favorite).

Him vs Yadong next would be fun and very winnable

why not? if Poirier can get one, I don't see why its horribly tendentious to gift Aldo one since he beat a ranked opponent on the same caliber as Poirier did after Suga's match with Merab. Yan vs. the winner of Sandhagan and Umar could be a title eliminator fight to be made too.

5 rounds don’t work in his favour at his age. He looked great but he was running out of steam in the 3rd and that won’t be enough against some of the top grapplers. I’d love to be wrong though.

I remember Aldo destroying Holloway in the first 2 rounds. Most people would be done but Max is made of something else and Aldo gassed out and then Max pieced him up.

But point is Aldo like the best fighter in the world for the first round or 2 and does a guy like O'Malley have the chin Holloway has if he gets cracked? Would be interesting to find out.

He did look damn sharp last weekend. I don't think I'd favor him over O'Malley but I feel he'd do much better than Chito. I am concerned that 5 rounds may be a problem for him.. I really thought he was going to go in against Martinez for a paycheck but he proved me dead wrong.

I wouldn't favor him over merab or O'malley, Especially in a 5 rounder.

I believe he can beat any other BW in a 3 rounder.

I remember Aldo destroying Holloway in the first 2 rounds. Most people would be done but Max is made of something else and Aldo gassed out and then Max pieced him up.

But point is Aldo like the best fighter in the world for the first round or 2 and does a guy like O'Malley have the chin Holloway has if he gets cracked? Would be interesting to find out.

Max was only Jogging the first two rounds, Aldo had to sprint to keep up.
reminds me of Lee vs Ferguson.

Back