Josh Koscheck appreciation thread!

@IIIIIIII here ya go buddy. That's one of my favorite combinations ever
tumblr_mj60k8pANU1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Josh Koscheck was the original Colby but way more tactful and better and more explosive wrestling. Also at times, he showed decent punching power and show cased decent kickboxing skills before his fall out with his kickboxing Javier.

He EVEN had his own custom song:

When he went SSJ and became Josh Godcheck!

View attachment 1043064

He avoided using the SJJ mode because he wanted to give everyone a chance to win.

I never liked Josh, but, I did side with him when Paul Daley suckered punch him...and sided with Dana kicking him out of UFC...then Dana at the press conference admitted.."Look Josh is a dick, he doesn't know how to be any other way(Josh bursted into laughter with Dana).....Josh was great at being a dick but you better be winning then.

He didn't occassionally show good punching power, he always had massive power in that overhand. A athletic wrestler with a big punch.

Also won 1 round vs GSP in the first fight. Was a top 5 WW for a few years.

Fought the whole fight basically with a broken orbital, GSP jabbed the fuck out of it and there was no quit from Kos, hespect for that one

Damn I remember the hype behind Paulo Thiago after this KO, then he got Fitch'd.

Yes he was supposed to be in special forces or something and that he was supposed to be some sucker killer but in BJJ.

I’ve never liked Josh and never will, but I have mad respect for him after fighting GSP for more than 4 rounds with a broken orbital bone. Fighters have quit for a lot less than that and he kept getting that thing jabbed up all fight long. Must have hurt like a son of a bitch but he didn’t quit.

The most hateable guys always get finished in a funny way, besides Johnny Walker who i've always found likeable but gets finished cartoonishly.
I wonder if koscheck had any damage to his neck from the VICE like grip ellenberger clasped on him.

Powerful Jake Ellenberger. Thought he was gonna be the next thing 😞

Powerful Jake Ellenberger. Thought he was gonna be the next thing 😞
Ya, Jake stomped guys until he moved up in competition. That loss to Kampman where he was on the verge of winning broke his confidence (and chin) I think. He also was very well built and then all of a sudden wasn't as much...

As far as Koscheck, total dick but he was entertaining to watch in both victory and defeat.

I’ve never liked Josh and never will, but I have mad respect for him after fighting GSP for more than 4 rounds with a broken orbital bone. Fighters have quit for a lot less than that and he kept getting that thing jabbed up all fight long. Must have hurt like a son of a bitch but he didn’t quit.
That fight basically broke him though. After every punch he took after that he always touched his face to see if it broke again.

Not one mention of Kos wanting to motorboat GSP's ass. I'm disappoint Sherdog..

8pkrgk.gif

War kos. natural villain

The only time I every pulled for Kos was when he fought Diego Sanchez. Couldn't stand either one, but I hated Diego worse. Otherwise, it was a real pleasure watching him get his butt kicked by GSP and others.

Back