Media Judges receive $300 per Apex event and $500 for a PPV event, reveals Gilbert Burns.

Did you think they judge for free or something?

They are getting paid and have the best seats in the house. Sounds like a win-win.
Considering they are supposed to be professionals. I don’t expect to see 29-28, 29-28, 27-30.

If you are paid you need to do the best job you can. And clearly somebody is fucking up when you get scores like I just posted.

Last edited:
So is there an oversight organization that has access to their bank accounts?

Although it's kind of a conundrum since I'm not sure at what salary I would value a judges integrity. They could make 250k a year but someone could easily kick them 10-15k multiple times a year to influence a fight and make a big bet payout yuge.

And on the other hand, these promotions aren't going to pay judges/referees/etc millions so it's not inconceivable that they would be approached to influence their scores.

Per fight or per night?
Good point, but still sounds like a no win job that doesnt pay that well for the amount of shit they often get, 500 per fight, doing 3-4 fights per card doesnt sound too bad for an evening´s work, but its just the backlash of getting it "wrong" what doesnt sound that great.

Back