Judo or boxing twice a week

D) If his board is up, he's standing straight up and easily Osoto'd onto concrete. Tell the cops he fell to the ground and hit his head after running into me on his skateboard....it's not a lie....
So what are your conclusions based on this? Weren t you on Team De-escalate ? Thrawn is on team uppercuts.

D) If his board is up, he's standing straight up and easily Osoto'd onto concrete. Tell the cops he fell to the ground and hit his head after running into me on his skateboard....it's not a lie....

Interesting. I probably would have done the same when I was younger, though it would have been more about ego than self defense. But now I prefer de-escalation if possible. If the guy was just standing there in my face, I'd have to read the situation. If I think he's about to continue the assault, I'm hitting the TD I posted in post 46 in this thread and hunting for a sub. But if he's just daring me to hit him back and is willing to walk away if I am, that's what I do. But either way, I'm calling the cops and reporting an assault to cover my ass.

Last edited:
So what are your conclusions based on this? Weren t you on Team De-escalate ? Thrawn is on team uppercuts.

I think both @Thrawn33 and I qualified our answers so it's not clear cut. But short answer, yes it sounds like both of you are team uppercuts while I'm team de-escalate. Perhaps the two of you have more Klingon blood in the doppelganger family line. I have a streak of that from my dad but it's not dominant. Or maybe I'm like the beta genetics brother in Gattaca who trains his ass off but still sucks and gases out on the treadmill lol.

Interesting. I probably would have done the same when I was younger, though it would have been more about ego than self defense. But now I prefer de-escalation if possible. If the guy was just standing there in my face, I'd have to read the situation. If I think he's about to continue the assault, I'm hitting the TD I posted in post 46 in this thread and hunting for a sub. But if he's just daring me to hit him back and is willing to walk away if I am, that's what I do. But either way, I'm calling the cops and reporting an assault to cover my ass.

If it was just the check I'd assume it was an accident and attempt to de escalate...but it's a hit, then a threaten to hit again with a weapon...

Funny similar story: back in San Diego my second in command was out jogging and a homeless with obvious mental issues randomly punched him as he was running by...lucky for him XPO was large enough (and chill enough) to blow it off keep jogging away and check to make sure nothing broke the skin (prior EMS in Bay Area)

I think one wild swing as I was running I would've said fuck it and kept going, but with a loved one.. probable more amped

If it was just the check I'd assume it was an accident and attempt to de escalate...but it's a hit, then a threaten to hit again with a weapon...

Funny similar story: back in San Diego my second in command was out jogging and a homeless with obvious mental issues randomly punched him as he was running by...lucky for him XPO was large enough (and chill enough) to blow it off keep jogging away and check to make sure nothing broke the skin (prior EMS in Bay Area)

I think one wild swing as I was running I would've said fuck it and kept going, but with a loved one.. probable more amped

Spoken like a true doppelganger and can't say I'd do anything different. The skateboard one is tough because depends on your read of the guy's intentions in that moment. But also your mental state at the time because if you're seeing red or just pissed off about something else, I'd be more prone to being on team uppercuts.

There are idiots out there and you can always find a fight if you're looking for it. I remember an incident when I was doing a summer internship in London. This was before dress casual so I'm wearing my one good suit and tie and had to work really late one night. Then took the tube back to Edgeware Road which was next to council housing (subsidized housing for poor people) and it's about 11 pm and I'm walking down a dark street back to my shitty student flat. I'm tired and pissed off about something that happened at work. Then some drunk dude who was probably homeless stands up out of the shadows and asks for money. I politely decline and keep walking but dude won't let it go. He starts insulting my mother, my race and smack talking in drunken British slang that I didn't even understand lol. I hear him walking after me and he starts spitting at me. No you fucking didn't. It's dark and there's no one else around so no witnesses. I REALLY wanted to turn around and osoto this guy into the pavement to teach him a lesson. But then I thought about messing up my one good suit that I had to wear next week. And probably getting hepatitis if I got any cuts scrapping with this assclown. Decided it wasn't worth it so just kept walking and the dude stopped following.

42 M here.

It's often said it's hard for older guys to take a fall. That was true in the beginning, but even though being a bit lanky and awkward, I got over it.

Why you no like kesagatame?
I am on the smaller side and like the ability to transition. Kesa locks me into a position that if I lose control of someone, I can't easily recover. Side control gives me mount, north south, knee ride or I can put myself into half if someone is a big issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back