Television JUPITER'S LEGACY on Netflix (Cancelled After One Season)

If you have seen the entire season of JUPITER'S LEGACY, how would you rate the season one?

• Total voters
I mean, we are talking about @A.A. Riggs ' favorite comic book writer here. Guaranteed awesomeness.
f8f172e8-5668-460d-919e-37658b79625b_text.gif

I mean, we are talking about @A.A. Riggs ' favorite comic book writer here. Guaranteed awesomeness.

As someone that didn't read comic books as a kid (not that much mainstream comics available here in SE EU, and of course, lack of money), I don't know many comic book writers. Mark Millar is one of the few I know of and enjoy.

From the comics I've read so far (which is mostly mainstream stuff, and I know, I have a lot of reading to do), Millar's work is among my favorite writers, and at least 2-3 of his comics would fit in my loosely set top 10 list (which changes for me from time to time, as it presumably does for everyone else).

I didn't read Jupiters Legacy, but I will ASAP.

I didn't read Jupiters Legacy, but I will ASAP.
Nice. But if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't read the comic book until I've finished watching the series since we are only one month away from the premiere.

As someone that didn't read comic books as a kid (not that much mainstream comics available here in SE EU, and of course, lack of money), I don't know many comic book writers. Mark Millar is one of the few I know of and enjoy.

From the comics I've read so far (which is mostly mainstream stuff, and I know, I have a lot of reading to do), Millar's work is among my favorite writers, and at least 2-3 of his comics would fit in my loosely set top 10 list (which changes for me from time to time, as it presumably does for everyone else).
Ultimates 1 and 2 forever!

Nice. But if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't read the comic book until I've finished watching the series since we are only one month away from the premiere.

Tough call IMO. I enjoyed watching The Boys before reading The Boys. I've enjoyed reading Old Man Logan before watching Logan. Both have merits, good and bad sides.

Maybe I will wait for the series, if the series sucks, I will appreciate a well written comic rather than focus on the dissapointment of the series.

Ultimates 1 and 2 forever!
Old Man Logan for me. But I know that Ultimates 1 and 2 (as if there even exists an Ultimates 3 hehe) are your personal p*rnhub :)

Old Man Logan is awesome as well. It's probably in my Top 15.

The film, while very good, was nothing like the comic. It couldn't be, as Fox didn't have the rights to Doom, Red Skull, Venom, Hawkeye etc.

I'd love to see Marvel do their own version of OML. Maybe as a Disney+ series.

Hopefully this is enough like The Boys to be good and not enough to just seem like a rip off like THEM.

I watched the first 3 episodes, really liking it so far, especially the time jumps and costumes. Characters aren't one dimensional either. The first two ep's are a bit dark/melodramatic, but it sets the world up nicely. Then the guy who can teleport enters and shit gets fun, while still being dark lol

Ive really only watched the first two and i dont think its on par with the boys <s1>.
The costumes are kinda cheap cheesy 80s looking like, the tempo is SLOW and drags on, flight you often can see theyre awkwardly propped up with wires and the story is kinda onedimensional drama/clichee and uninspired. I hope theres more cause there doesnt seem to be any story arc except origin. Maybe it gets better but so far its not even close to boys,invincible or even the new freakin Cws Supes.

Last edited:
Tapping out until I get a chance to binge all the episodes. This is why I don't like the Netflix way of doing things: makes it harder to avoid spoilers.

This series was written by Mark Millar and was recommended by @Dragonlordxxxxx I expect high quality.

Just saw the first episode. It was ok. The costumes look like 90’s era live kids shows like Power Rangers.

I watched the whole thing.
It was pretty meh, imo. The action scenes looked cheap for the most part. It looked like cosplay in a lot of the scenes.
Some of the acting/writing is really bad as well.
The story is interesting...or at least has potential to be interesting...but overall, it's like a slightly more risque CW show.

I think so. But I wish it was week to week.

Week to week format is underrated. there’s a reason it exist. I believe the origin go back to as soon as we had the written word. You need time to process, think, and discuss. We live in an era of instant communication, but humans are not wired to be instant.

Week to week format is underrated. there’s a reason it exist. I believe the origin go back to as soon as we had the written word. You need time to process, think, and discuss. We live in an era of instant communication, but humans are not wired to be instant.
<mma4>

Back