*Just curious about Conor's last name and nationality*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
I've always believed the "Mac" or "Mc" at the beginning of a last name (like McArthur or MacIntyre) was related to a scotish heritage. Same way, i believed the "O'" at the beginning of a last name (like O'Brien or O'Reilly) was related to an irish.

McGregor has a scotish heritage or i'm totally lost?

You're correct lad. It's a Scottish name. All MC and MAC names are.

At some point in Conor's heritage he had a couple traitor pussies in his family line...at least according to Conor's worldview

I thought Mc was Irish and Mac was Scottish. But I learned that when I was like 8 so it's probably not true.

Most Irish people have Scottish in them and vice versa. I have a Scottish surname but have never set foot in Scotland or thought of my nationality/heritage as anything other than Irish.

I've always believed the "Mac" or "Mc" at the beginning of a last name (like McArthur or MacIntyre) was related to a scotish heritage. Same way, i believed the "O'" at the beginning of a last name (like O'Brien or O'Reilly) was related to an irish.

McGregor has a scotish heritage or i'm totally lost?
Yea he has Scottish heritage as Scotland and Ireland has a deep connection from ages

Fun fact, Jose Aldo's name in Ireland is now Jose McConor

O' is Irish, Mc or Mac are Scottish.
Mac is Scottish Gaelic for 'son of' and Mc is just an abbreviation of Mac.

The one I find weird is Fitzsimmons. It's so common.

'Fitz' is a prefix from French (because Ireland was raided and partially overtaken by Norman Vikings) and it means "son of"

But what about Simmons? Simmons isn't a Celtic name, it's German (not even Nordic/French) wtf

Can someone help me out here?

[Edit] - found the explaination
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitzsimons

Last edited:
Back