Just turned 38....... is my life over now?

Home_Slice

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Where did the last four years go, I keep asking myself?

Back when, four years was a long time.

I got a college degree in four years. Travelled the world, completed post-grad training and moved apartments three times in four years.

April 2020, lockdowns kick in and it feels like I've been time warped to here.

I was young (definitely felt plenty young), now I feel like I'm close to 40.

I partied with college girls over this weekend gone by and, no bother there, which kind of gives me hope.

But I find myself questioning, how much longer do I have left in that lifestyle?

And what are my plans for after it?
I have no plan B.
Being "young forever" was kind of my fall back situation.

38 crew checking in. I am physically, mentally, and financially at my best. These fucking people acting old are dickheads. 38 is legit so young still and I won't hear any more of this. Me? Age is a state of mind. Don't look at life this way TS

I lived my youth like I was gonna die young and be in the 27 club. Lived like a fucking rockstar from age 16-30 or so, DJed in NYC, Toured east and west coasts with bands, did shit tons of drugs.

Now I'm 45 and everything fucking hurts.

It is what it is.

I'm not gonna shame you for it or anything but partying with 18-19yo collage girls while pushing 40 is kinda wild lol
Yeah.

I remember and I mean I have a distinct and specific memory of when I moved back from LA and started substitute teaching and coaching and saw 18 year old girls and I was around 28 and it hit me

"Oh, those are KIDS.
And I am Not."

I think of that any time I hear about anyone let's say 28-30+ dating someone college age or so...

Yeah.

I remember and I mean I have a distinct and specific memory of when I moved back from LA and started substitute teaching and coaching and saw 18 year old girls and I was around 28 and it hit me

"Oh, those are KIDS.
And I am Not."

I think of that any time I hear about anyone let's say 28-30+ dating someone college age or so...

I stopped after 26. It's selfish. You are making them sacrifice a phase of their life that is really meant to be shared with their own peer group.

Age to a degree is a mindset - if you feel old, you'll age poorly.

I'm 44 and I feel like I'm 30! I have my shit together, a good job, fiancé, a good eating and training regiment and I look after my appearance.

Its easy to give up because "I'm too old" but men are lucky - we tend to get better with age, whereas mainly women simply age!

Yeah.

"Oh, those are KIDS.
And I am Not."

I can't even relate to young people. They have a completely different life experience. They don't know a life without social media and the Internet.

Back