Law Justice Alito allegedly had a ‘Stop the Steal’ symbol on display at his house

How come the left doesn't talk about how Sotomayor and Ketanji Brown Jackson aren't impartial?

Remember KBJ said she can't define what a woman is because she's not a biologist.

All these people on the supreme court are hacks. It's how they get to be where they're at. They aren't there because they're great impartial judges who know the law better than everyone else.
Why would we be discussing that here in a thread that’s about alito ?

It's a box that does fit. You are a zealous supporter of the most overtly fascist president in modern American history. To find a more fascist president we'd have to go back to the 1800s and the likes of Andrew Jackson, who led extermination campaigns against native Americans.

Let me help you out with understanding this topic, since it seems to elude you.

Here is Umberto Echo's 14 points of ur-fascism, maybe you should try reading some scholarship so you can actually be educated re: the things you talk about? Isn't that a wild concept? -
DM6dj_yWsAYwcr5.jpg

1. Cult of tradition - "Men should be the bread earners. Women stay at home. blah blah blah" CHECK

2. Rejection of modernism "modernity is degenerate! I hate trans people! I hate gay people! I hate that modernity is normalizing these people!" CHECK

3. Pretty classic for modern MAGA. No thought behind any of their major policies or actions. The Republicans spent decades working to stack the supreme court via the federalist society, and overturn Roe V Wade, and now they're panicking over the political fallout from it. They literally didn't even think one single step beyond what happens after you successfully overturn Roe V Wade. CHECK

4. CHECK CHECK CHECK easy CHECK. Trump himself is the shining example of this one. Every single one of his allies that doesnt 1000% support him, gets immediately turned on, trashed, and cast out of the movement. This is also why you never see Trump supporters disagreeing with him or offering serious criticism, EVER. Because disagreeing with Trump = treason. Meanwhile, the left is a coalition of multiple different political ideologies constantly in a power struggle with one another. There are no different political ideologies on the right - there are only degrees of fascism.

5. Another, very very easy one to check. "I hate trans people! I hate gay people! I hate atheists! I hate black people! I hate Mexicans! I hate everyone that doesn't look and think like me!" - meanwhile the left is a rainbow coalition of people from all walks of life and the republican party is the party of white religious people.

6. "Appeal to social frustration" - yet again, an extremely easy one to check off. This is the core of MAGA - appealing to social frustration. Undeserving black people are taking your jobs! Trannies are reading books in libraries!!!

7. Probably the easiest and most obvious one on this entire list right? Would you even disagree with this point? "The deep state is secretly conspiring to personally take down Trump! They rigged the voting machines and stole the election!! Multiple DA's from multiple states are secretly conspiring to charge Trump with crimes he didn't commit!" CHECKKKKKK

8. "Democrats are weak beta males, trannies and gays. Also - they're so fucking intelligent and powerful that they stole an entire presidential election!" CHECK

9. "Fight like hell!!!" "Take the country back!!!" "Civil war is coming!!!!" "We're not just going to sit back and let this election be stolen!!!". Any republican that isn't a frothing rabid zealot for the movement gets cast out. Check.

10. "Welfare queens!" "God damn Venezuelan refugees!" "I like my veteran's that don't get captured!" Another, extremely easy and obvious one to check off. Hatred for the weak and unfortunate is a core tenet of MAGA.

11. This one is obvious to me, but its hard to give a definitive example of. But I think it's fairly obvious that MAGA has severe main-character syndrome. That's why we see so many different right-wing "heroes" get elevated to that status by your media and your base. Ashley Babbit. Kyle Rittenhouse. The Q Anon "shaman". Q "himself". Many others I won't bother to name. You guys don't see your political movement as a collective of people, collectively working towards a collective goal. It's based around this notion of "heroes" "rising up" and taking a "heroic" action against the enemy. An easy check for me. But I get its a little bit more esoteric than the other points.

12. Another easy one that I don't think you would even dispute right? Trump is a "macho man" (literally walks out to rallies with the song playing). He's all about projecting strength, and machismo. That's why his fanbase is so obsessed with depicting him as a ripped superhero. CHECK

13. Yet another obvious and easy one to check off. This is Trump's whole shtick. "They're coming after the American people, I'm just standing in the way!" "I'm for the forgotten men and women of this country!" Oh really Trump? You're for the common man right? So why did you raise my taxes? Why didn't you do anything to raise the stagnant wages of Americans? Why didn't you fix our healthcare situation? Why didn't you do one single thing to improve the lives of the common man? Selective fake populism? Check check check buddy boy.

14. Yeah another really, really easy one. Trump loves inventing thought-canceling cliches and phrases that his cultists will mindlessly repeat without thinking. "Democrat lawfare!" - newspeak.

I'm fully aware that you lack the attention-span, education, and self-awareness to read this and actually reflect on it. But I wanted to write up a point-by-point breakdown of exactly how Trump and MAGA are fascists by definition for any lurkers that might be curious.
Ahh, I love Eco, both his non-fiction and fiction. Baudolino is one of my favorite novels.

Ahh, I love Eco, both his non-fiction and fiction. Baudolino is one of my favorite novels.
He's a brilliant writer and thinker. I really need to get around to reading his non-political works.

It's a box that does fit. You are a zealous supporter of the most overtly fascist president in modern American history. To find a more fascist president we'd have to go back to the 1800s and the likes of Andrew Jackson, who led extermination campaigns against native Americans.

Here is Umberto Echo's 14 points of ur-fascism, maybe you should try reading some scholarship so you can actually be educated re: the things you talk about? Isn't that a wild concept? -
DM6dj_yWsAYwcr5.jpg

1. Cult of tradition - "Men should be the bread earners. Women stay at home. blah blah blah" CHECK

2. Rejection of modernism "modernity is degenerate! I hate trans people! I hate gay people! I hate that modernity is normalizing these people!" CHECK

3. Pretty classic for modern MAGA. No thought behind any of their major policies or actions. The Republicans spent decades working to stack the supreme court via the federalist society, and overturn Roe V Wade, and now they're panicking over the political fallout from it. They literally didn't even think one single step beyond what happens after you successfully overturn Roe V Wade. CHECK

4. CHECK CHECK CHECK easy CHECK. Trump himself is the shining example of this one. Every single one of his allies that doesnt 1000% support him, gets immediately turned on, trashed, and cast out of the movement. This is also why you never see Trump supporters disagreeing with him or offering serious criticism, EVER. Because disagreeing with Trump = treason. Meanwhile, the left is a coalition of multiple different political ideologies constantly in a power struggle with one another. There are no different political ideologies on the right - there are only degrees of fascism.

5. Another, very very easy one to check. "I hate trans people! I hate gay people! I hate atheists! I hate black people! I hate Mexicans! I hate everyone that doesn't look and think like me!" - meanwhile the left is a rainbow coalition of people from all walks of life and the republican party is the party of white religious people.

6. "Appeal to social frustration" - yet again, an extremely easy one to check off. This is the core of MAGA - appealing to social frustration. Undeserving black people are taking your jobs! Trannies are reading books in libraries!!!

7. Probably the easiest and most obvious one on this entire list right? Would you even disagree with this point? "The deep state is secretly conspiring to personally take down Trump! They rigged the voting machines and stole the election!! Multiple DA's from multiple states are secretly conspiring to charge Trump with crimes he didn't commit!" CHECKKKKKK

8. "Democrats are weak beta males, trannies and gays. Also - they're so fucking intelligent and powerful that they stole an entire presidential election!" CHECK

9. "Fight like hell!!!" "Take the country back!!!" "Civil war is coming!!!!" "We're not just going to sit back and let this election be stolen!!!". Any republican that isn't a frothing rabid zealot for the movement gets cast out. Check.

10. "Welfare queens!" "God damn Venezuelan refugees!" "I like my veteran's that don't get captured!" Another, extremely easy and obvious one to check off. Hatred for the weak and unfortunate is a core tenet of MAGA.

11. This one is obvious to me, but its hard to give a definitive example of. But I think it's fairly obvious that MAGA has severe main-character syndrome. That's why we see so many different right-wing "heroes" get elevated to that status by your media and your base. Ashley Babbit. Kyle Rittenhouse. The Q Anon "shaman". Q "himself". Many others I won't bother to name. You guys don't see your political movement as a collective of people, collectively working towards a collective goal. It's based around this notion of "heroes" "rising up" and taking a "heroic" action against the enemy. An easy check for me. But I get its a little bit more esoteric than the other points.

12. Another easy one that I don't think you would even dispute right? Trump is a "macho man" (literally walks out to rallies with the song playing). He's all about projecting strength, and machismo. That's why his fanbase is so obsessed with depicting him as a ripped superhero. CHECK

13. Yet another obvious and easy one to check off. This is Trump's whole shtick. "They're coming after the American people, I'm just standing in the way!" "I'm for the forgotten men and women of this country!" Oh really Trump? You're for the common man right? So why did you raise my taxes? Why didn't you do anything to raise the stagnant wages of Americans? Why didn't you fix our healthcare situation? Why didn't you do one single thing to improve the lives of the common man? Selective fake populism? Check check check buddy boy.

14. Yeah another really, really easy one. Trump loves inventing thought-canceling cliches and phrases that his cultists will mindlessly repeat without thinking. "Democrat lawfare!" - newspeak.

I'm fully aware that you lack the attention-span, education, and self-awareness to read this and actually reflect on it. But I wanted to write up a point-by-point breakdown of exactly how Trump and MAGA are fascists by definition for any lurkers that might be curious.

So you take the views of a leftist liberal professor as the factual view as who should be called a fascist. Then you take anyone that disagrees with and try to jam them into that box.
Just because it's you view of that person or people doesn't make it factual. It's a political view not a science even if it's called a political science.

How come the left doesn't talk about how Sotomayor and Ketanji Brown Jackson aren't impartial?

Remember KBJ said she can't define what a woman is because she's not a biologist.

All these people on the supreme court are hacks. It's how they get to be where they're at. They aren't there because they're great impartial judges who know the law better than everyone else.
You're comparing a justice literally supporting overturning an election because he didn't like the result to a justice ... not taking the bait on a dumb question? You don't feel silly doing that kind of thing? There's more to life than politics and debasing yourself for people who don't even know who you are is so pathetic.

Why would we be discussing that here in a thread that’s about alito ?

Just saying, I've never heard criticism from the left. Seems a bit hypocritical. I apologize if you've criticized them before for their partisanship.

You're comparing a justice literally supporting overturning an election because he didn't like the result to a justice ... not taking the bait on a dumb question? You don't feel silly doing that kind of thing? There's more to life than politics and debasing yourself for people who don't even know who you are is so pathetic.

It's funny watching you debase yourself while crying that I'm debasing myself. The irony is rich here but it usually is when you attempt rational thoughts. You're a fake pseudo intellectual on a karate forum that gets destroyed by common sense at every turn. Remember that the next time you run interference for a supreme court justice who can't even define what a woman is.

No, I think everyone deserves freedom of speech. Learn to read better.

And decency is decency. You're projecting. You think everyone else is as unprincipled as you are.
You support doxing. <lmao>

So you take the views of a leftist liberal professor as the factual view as who should be called a fascist. Then you take anyone that disagrees with and try to jam them into that box.
Just because it's you view of that person or people doesn't make it factual. It's a political view not a science even if it's called a political science.
"leftist liberal professor" = an Italian historian and writer that was born in 1932. Do you think an Italian historian born in 1932 might have some unique insights as to what fascism is? As he was literally born in a time and place that was the epicenter of contemporary fascism???? Also - he never taught anywhere. He was an honorary professor at the University of Bologna in Italy because of his accomplishments.

You couldn't even be bothered to do a quick google search on the person I was referencing before you decided to comment on him? Jesus christ man.

"leftist liberal professor" = an Italian historian and writer that was born in 1932. Do you think an Italian historian born in 1932 might have some unique insights as to what fascism is? As he was literally born in a time and place that was the epicenter of contemporary fascism???? Also - he never taught anywhere. He was an honorary professor at the University of Bologna in Italy because of his accomplishments.

You couldn't even be bothered to do a quick google search on the person I was referencing before you decided to comment on him? Jesus christ man.
100%

I wanted to give you a LOL too, but the man won't let me.... so lol.

So you agree, Alito should recuse himself over anything January 6th related.
Y’all have been freaking out over a judges daughter, so it would make sense you’d have the same outrage over Alito and his wife’s stop the steal sign.

The NY code is clear. If you or any immediate family member is benefiting, you recuse. This weirdo refused and NY won't call anyone out that is attacking Republicans.

If Alito's wife wants to fly a flag... it's not our business.

8qevt1.jpg

The NY code is clear. If you or any immediate family member is benefiting, you recuse. This weirdo refused and NY won't call anyone out that is attacking Republicans.

8qevt1.jpg
I, for one am OUTAGED!!

Fucking 'tards can't even do the simplest of tasks.

Eco is legit one of the most brilliant writers of the last 50 or so years, and someone who had front-row seats for the fascist movements of the 20th century.

Just take a look at the introduction for his article on Fascism:

In 1942, at the age of ten, I received the First Provincial Award of Ludi Juveniles (a voluntary, compulsory competition for young Italian Fascists—that is, for every young Italian). I elaborated with rhetorical skill on the subject “Should we die for the glory of Mussolini and the immortal destiny of Italy?” My answer was positive. I was a smart boy.

Just saying, I've never heard criticism from the left. Seems a bit hypocritical. I apologize if you've criticized them before for their partisanship.

It's funny watching you debase yourself while crying that I'm debasing myself. The irony is rich here but it usually is when you attempt rational thoughts. You're a fake pseudo intellectual on a karate forum that gets destroyed by common sense at every turn. Remember that the next time you run interference for a supreme court justice who can't even define what a woman is.
You're mad because I accurately pointed out what's going on. But lashing out at me doesn't change the facts. Just don't do that kind of of thing, and you won't get people noticing that you're doing it. It's not hard.

Agree with this all, except, I do believe he taught courses on Semiotics in various places, which he also wrote about.

8qevt1.jpg
Wtf are you on about?

If Alito—sorry, I mean “his wife”—is making a political statement relevant to cases that come before the Court, it’s absolutely our business.

28 USC 455: (bold and underline is mine)

(a)
Any justice, judge, or magistrate judge of the United States shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned.

(b)He shall also disqualify himself in the following circumstances:
(1)
Where he has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party, or personal knowledge of disputed evidentiary facts concerning the proceeding;
(2)
Where in private practice he served as lawyer in the matter in controversy, or a lawyer with whom he previously practiced law served during such association as a lawyer concerning the matter, or the judge or such lawyer has been a material witness concerning it;
(3)
Where he has served in governmental employment and in such capacity participated as counsel, adviser or material witness concerning the proceeding or expressed an opinion concerning the merits of the particular case in controversy;
(4)
He knows that he, individually or as a fiduciary, or his spouse or minor child residing in his household, has a financial interest in the subject matter in controversy or in a party to the proceeding, or any other interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding;
(5)He or his spouse, or a person within the third degree of relationship to either of them, or the spouse of such a person:
(i)
Is a party to the proceeding, or an officer, director, or trustee of a party;
(ii)
Is acting as a lawyer in the proceeding;
(iii)
Is known by the judge to have an interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding;
(iv)
Is to the judge’s knowledge likely to be a material witness in the proceeding.

Alito is ethically conflicted, should recuse from all 2020 election-related cases, and you’re not memeing your way out of that, bud.

Here is Umberto Eco's 14 points of ur-fascism, maybe you should try reading some scholarship so you can actually be educated re: the things you talk about? Isn't that a wild concept? -
DM6dj_yWsAYwcr5.jpg

This explanation feels too broad. Theres gotta be a simpler definition/way of explaining of fascism.

PA is Philly on one end, Pittsburgh on the other end, and Alabama in the middle. Let me guess, you’re from the middle.
It's referred to as Pennsyltucky for a reason.

Everyone knows the Dems cheated BADLY in the 2020 election from every angle possible.

I can't even find anyone IRL that admits they voted for Joe.
Then why did drunk Rudy go 1-65 in court. A dude named Cyber Ninja got paid a ton of money to do a recount and he said Biden pushed Trump's shit in. How come lawyers are flipping and losing their license? How come phony electors are catching charges.
I mean you losers have had almost 4 years and you still dont have shit.
To me the fraud angle was just another way to part a Rube from his money. Trump may be a lot of things, but I will never question his ability to be the World's Richest Panhandler.
I mean with so much proof out there and a Conservative Supreme court, it should be easy to prove it was stolen. I have waited patiently for 4 years but have not seen shit that will win in court, just a bunch of blue check marks riling up Rubes to make money off them.

Back